What do you think the story will be in Legion?

I think it will be a pseudo-reverse of Wotlk. During Vanilla we were just adventurers exploring the world. During BC we were arms for the Horde and the Alliance fighting a common enemy. In Wotlk we became heroes and attempted to be recruited as an 'A-Team' force that would be turned against the living. In Legion I think they want to kill this 'A-Team' right out. In WoD we had little forces and supplies but annihilated an army more formidable than the Horde in the first and second war with a few thousand troops, mostly elite soldiers/heroes.

The Legion will have recognized that all their attempted into Azeroth such as Aegwynn beating Sargeras, Khadgar and the gang beating Medivh and eventually pushing the Horde back into the portal. Malfurion, Tyrande, Thrall and Jaina holding back the Legion during the Battle of Hyjal. Cenarius, Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande and other animal gods dominantly holding back the legion during the WotA. You get the idea.

I do expect a large culling, but I think the Legion's initial plan will actually be to kill off major players in Azeroth. Also that the Horde and the Alliance are held together by these leaders (dominantly the Horde) and by eliminating them it gives the potential for the two factions to fight against each other and possible civil war. With the world weak and leader/heroless the classes band together for a common goal since the factions cannot work together because they are both in shambles.

After the culling we become the new class leader ie replacing Tirion as the Paladin leader, Thrall or Rehgar as the Shaman leader, Khadgar as the Mage leader, etc. It is speculated and I agree that many of these heroes will die or will go back into the hiding such as what Tirion did. This is also supported that we get many of the Lore heavy artifacts.

In the end we will become superhero status such as becoming as strong as Khadgar by the end of the Legion invasion and pushing them back. However it has broken up both the Alliance and Horde, plotting against each other like Sylvanas the next LK and expanding the war against the Worgen, Lorethemar and BE splitting or more talks with the Alliance. Possibly with Demon Hunters and Mages now in NE society there could be a civil war or xenophobia. A lot of possibilities.
    Last edited by The3rdCatalyst; 2015-08-30 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The3rdCatalyst View Post
    I think it will be a pseudo-reverse of Wotlk. During Vanilla we were just adventurers exploring the world. During BC we were arms for the Horde and the Alliance fighting a common enemy. In Wotlk we became heroes and attempted to be recruited as an 'A-Team' force that would be turned against the living. In Legion I think they want to kill this 'A-Team' right out. In WoD we had little forces and supplies but annihilated an army more formidable than the Horde in the first and second war with a few thousand troops, mostly elite soldiers/heroes.

The Legion will have recognized that all their attempted into Azeroth such as Aegwynn beating Sargeras, Khadgar and the gang beating Medivh and eventually pushing the Horde back into the portal. Malfurion, Tyrande, Thrall and Jaina holding back the Legion during the Battle of Hyjal. Cenarius, Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande and other animal gods dominantly holding back the legion during the WotA. You get the idea.

I do expect a large culling, but I think the Legion's initial plan will actually be to kill off major players in Azeroth. Also that the Horde and the Alliance are held together by these leaders (dominantly the Horde) and by eliminating them it gives the potential for the two factions to fight against each other and possible civil war. With the world weak and leader/heroless the classes band together for a common goal since the factions cannot work together because they are both in shambles.

After the culling we become the new class leader ie replacing Tirion as the Paladin leader, Thrall or Rehgar as the Shaman leader, Khadgar as the Mage leader, etc. It is speculated and I agree that many of these heroes will die or will go back into the hiding such as what Tirion did. This is also supported that we get many of the Lore heavy artifacts.

In the end we will become superhero status such as becoming as strong as Khadgar by the end of the Legion invasion and pushing them back. However it has broken up both the Alliance and Horde, plotting against each other like Sylvanas the next LK and expanding the war against the Worgen, Lorethemar and BE splitting or more talks with the Alliance. Possibly with Demon Hunters and Mages now in NE society there could be a civil war or xenophobia. A lot of possibilities.
    the name of this expansion can tell you what will it be about.new story,sure.no more Alliance vs Horde,thats what I would like.some heroes will die I think.Im positively sure that the Demon Hunters and Illidan wont be accepted in NE society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, who knows, I'm pretty sure that in the end we will have some sort of apocalyptic battle for survival which will result in us shutting down Legion invasion for another unspecified length of time with unspecified major losses on our side, while our concentrated attention will give other major enemies a breathing room to plant seeds for the next expansion.

What I do hope is some sort of unpredictable outcome happening where our victory will be turned around on us by some dormant force lying in wait.

Bad. I think the story will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, who knows, I'm pretty sure that in the end we will have some sort of apocalyptic battle for survival which will result in us shutting down Legion invasion for another unspecified length of time with unspecified major losses on our side, while our concentrated attention will give other major enemies a breathing room to plant seeds for the next expansion.

What I do hope is some sort of unpredictable outcome happening where our victory will be turned around on us by some dormant force lying in wait.
    What I expect will happen is the Horde and Alliance will turn on each other, now that we have new elite Heroes and the only ones out of the picture which held the world at peace. So I think this cold war will turn into an open war. While this is happening we probably go against Azshara and N'Zoth while dealing with happenings in the Emerald Dream ie terrors in the dream enter our world and we have trouble dealing with it during the brink of a world war.

Just off the cuff speculation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hate how we are now heroes as opposed to adventurers. I don't like how it changes the feel of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul91 View Post
    I just hate how we are now heroes as opposed to adventurers. I don't like how it changes the feel of the game.
    Considering all we have done over these years we should be frikkin' kings living in giant palaces with huge harems and thousands of servants and soldiers ready to do our bidding.

Hero is really modest at this point. Garrison is a joke, they should try a kingdom with a damn palace next time to contain my glory! I'm not asking for much area, just a size of Gorgorond will suffice.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-30 at 03:31 PM.

I remember back in Vanilla/BC people often felt irrelevant in the story. It was fun during the AQ gate opening and holiday events really brought the world together, but we never felt part of the story. It was always like we were a soldier in the army while Thrall, Sylvanus, Tyrande etc were the ones actually making moves.

Now we are actually part of the main story I can see how people feel like "am I really this important?" Generally I would say yes. During the Mist quest with Lorethemar he talks about our doings in Northrend and during Cataclysm were "legendary." What I think tugs us away from actually feeling legendary is that everyone has done it. In this sense you have to see the lore/quests as a single-player mode to really enjoy it/make sense.

On the flip side I do not think we should own territories. Towns seem to make sense ie Garrisons. For example Rexxar never really owned a town except was Warchief of the Stonemaul clan, which he would eventually give up. But he was truly a hero. He doesn't need to own anything. On the flip side Tirion is also a hero and he is the leader of a faction. I think Blizzard is going to meet us half way and make us the class leader of the world, with everyone else.

We lose the war and Azeroth is burned... then Blizzard will remake the openworld again, like in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

The next post right after by HavelTheRock says "Bad. I think the story will be bad."

This combines with a keyword in the first quoted post. "Unspecified."

It's always unspecified. We're always ineffectual. That's why WoW isn't as immersive as it used to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will be at least better than most of Wods story

We have become the third faction. Let the Horde and Alliance have their squabbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do I think the story will be in Legion?

Same thing it's been for a while: the executive restroom is out of $10s and having to make do with $1s, so hurry up and put something new in the Ca$h$hop, quick!
    Impeach the MF.

Fire.

That's it, really. Just fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    Fire.

That's it, really. Just fire.
    Campfire is running again for 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I think the best way to view it is that lorewise there are perhaps 3-6 adventuring teams on each faction (or 1-2 small teams and one larger) and that is it. Raids are done in concert, perhaps even cross-faction.
    I mean that is certainly a way to look at it. The world certainly does know that there are many "players" but a lot of the time it acts like it is just you and the faction, not as much as you and other heroes. The onyl time I felt like it wasn't is when doing dailies in Quel'danas, Brutulus makes a reference to bring 24 of your friends. Other than that is has felt like it is just you and the horde/alliance and w/e antagonist in the world by story standards.

Deleted
    I jus hope that after this exp. pack that the Forsaken have a goal and that they will become a very important part in the Horde again the Alliance and the Legion.
    Maybe that Sylvanas will find a way to stop the rotting progress so that she can really build up the population of the undeads in the world.

Maybe Anduin will try to build the army of light after this exp, pack.
    And Sylvanas will build the army of darkness (the undeads) not evil tho we alrdy did the Horde = evil thing to death.
    But make a plotline that without darkness where cant be light, if light increase darkness will grow with it aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-08-31 at 05:34 PM.

Im thinking we thwart the main legion invasion in 7.0-7.1. In 7.2-7.3 we fight azshara, ending with a set up for the old gods for 8.0. We will kill the OG's and destroy azeroth and flee to argus or do some time travel stuff to be like "lol nevermind".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    What do I think the story will be in Legion?

Same thing it's been for a while: the executive restroom is out of $10s and having to make do with $1s, so hurry up and put something new in the Ca$h$hop, quick!
    Well you are very constructive individual.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Have you ever played D&D or another PnP RPG (you know, live?) When I play WoW I assume for the story that I am part of an adventuring party that is doing the quests. Heck in TBC I played with my two roomates and most of the time, we WERE an adventuring party doing the quests I think that is a healthy compromise between an MMO story and a Solo story and it has been the way RPG stories have been told in their majority since the genre existed.
    Well the feeling of being an adventurer party is not inherent, that's self constructed. The game itself acts like it is only you and them, not you, them and those other travelrs around. Now that may mean this game is dated, but I think it is fair if the game acts like or makes references to say "Some Paladin came by to kill these murlocs but went off to go mine. Could you do it for me instead?" or w/e. Or to another level just having random warriors, mages, rogues, etc walking around makes the world feel more immersive. There are some of these guys in cities and I do not blame blizzard for not going all out because a lot of it would be wasted (just like a city of an old expansion).

But as far as the game plays and the world you interact in, it is just you and the world. Anything else is is your imagination.

I have done the same and have had great fun but this is more of the objective of an MMO rather than the objective of WoW itself, and it could be.

But generally speaking I wish the game did give more unity among players instead of this overregulation of "you must do X to accomplish y"; this model has been killing guilds, among other reasons because it is just more fun to do Raid finder or have heirlooms to level. In this sense the way a player plays is they are their own character and there are people about, but in the world they may as well not be there. So story wise it is just you.