Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Nobody I know wants to move to the US. Pointless haha. Canada is so much better.
    I know a few Canadians who prefer the US and I don't know any US citizens that want to move to Canada.

Wow, dat flamebait tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    1. Actually, the GST cut helps those that need it the most..the middle and lower classes... dont think Billy the millionaire will notice his hydro bill goes down by 1%, but single mom Sally certainly will
    Single mom Sally already pays effectively nothing in GST due to the GST credit, so no, it isn't really helping her.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    That's gonna be a loooooooooong wall
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Instead Walker's idea of building a giant wall in the North to keep Canadians out, I propose we build a giant wall in the North to keep Walkers out.

Proof of Concept:
    Well played, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Might actually be better then electing any of the republicans at least for minorities.

I agree with Bieber, Celine can actually sing even if its not your cup of tea and dear god man Shatner is the Captain don't diss the captain.
    That is not even possible, physically. It would just bounce off his aura of manliness.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Silly and impractical idea, but the thread title tries to paint the reasoning in a different light than the article & his quotes. At the very least you get a clear sense of who doesn't bother to actually read links on this forum... in this case ~90% of posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Scott Walker is-

1, A delusional moron.
    2, An incompetent buffoon.
    3, A shameless asshole.
    And the governor of Wisconsin, the state I live in. There are a LOT of unhappy people against Walker because of how horribly he destroyed our state. We want him GONE, but not if it means he's going to become President. We tried to recall him at one point, but he survived it because of some strategy he came up with, and now he's trying to market that strategy to other politicians in case they're facing a recall election. When it came time to vote for governor, it was a close race, but not enough people against Walker went out to vote. Too many people think their vote doesn't count, not realizing that every vote adds up.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I know a few Canadians who prefer the US and I don't know any US citizens that want to move to Canada.
    I am an educated American citizen who would love to move to Canada, and according to their immigration laws I am eligible to.

I know several people like myself who would love to move north.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I am an educated American citizen who would love to move to Canada, and according to their immigration laws I am eligible to.

I know several people like myself who would love to move north.
    But you'd have to speak Canadian. And watch Hockey. And the snow... god the snow.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    But you'd have to speak Canadian. And watch Hockey. And the snow... god the snow.
    I grew up in Alaska, snow doesn't phase me.

I would have to brush up on my French, though--6 years of coursework and I'm terrible at it.

10+ Year Old Account

I would have to brush up on my French, though--6 years of coursework and I'm terrible at it.
    Only if you wanna live in Quebec, rest of the country won't care much
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I'd actually like to become proficient at a second language for my own sake, Spanish is more useful in the US but I've always loved how beautiful the French language is. It's just spoken so quickly >.>

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Now you do.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And so, the golden curtain (paid and managed by Donald J. Trump) falls across the North American continent.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He was cute and inoffensive when we let you borrow him. You break it, you bought it.

And I've known more than a few illegal Americans up here. All it takes is overstaying a visa.
    As a tired American can I buy a house in Canada?
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Only if you wanna live in Quebec, rest of the country won't care much
    Yeah just stay west and you'll never hear it except for maybe during the national anthem in a big national event thing when they mix it up.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah just stay west and you'll never hear it except for maybe during the national anthem in a big national event thing when they mix it up.
    Shameless promotion of the west! =P I can't speak french at all, just a few short simple sentences and words here and there.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Upstate New York gets more snow than all of Canada combined. What we actually got is piss-freezing cold. Which is glorious because cold weather forces you to think practically. Also Hockey >>> Football and Basketball. We give you people three team sports and you crap on the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yeah, I made the thread title up...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...an-border-too/

Walker seems to think a wall at the Northern border is appropriate too.
    This begs the first question whether someone flunked geography....
    What's more interesting is that Scott Walker didn't say that in the article you linked, and in fact tried to steer the conversation away from building a wall.

So I'm trying to figure why you would do that.

a) Are you ignorantly posting on an article you did not read?
    b) Knew what the article said, but are pushing your political agenda trying to falsely demonize those whom you disagree with?
    c) Knew what the article said, but figured most thread responders wouldn't read it and start flaming each other based on a lie that you used as bait?

...which could it be, hmm

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That's gonna be a loooooooooong wall
    Great Wall of... hey, my cousin lives on the other side....

Edit: Canada has discovered aviation, I think? Right? I might be wrong.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.