Issue with games on secondary HDD.

So I installed Windows 10 on a 60GB SSD and set-up my HDD as my storage drive. When I installed Battle.net and Hearthstone to the D drive it now gives me weird issues, one being the size on the uninstall programs window shows Hearthstone being 4.23GB when it's only 2.11GB on my D drive, the other being a random file is created on my D drive with 0 bytes plus a bunch of letters and numbers, it also changed my install date to the 29th when I installed it on the 28th.

I'm interested about this and if it's an issue/something I can resolve before I install larger games like WoW.

Thanks for any input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eugh... The point of the SSD is to install the games on them... 60gb is just too small. If you can... I'd... return it? get a bigger one? Doesn't really solve your problem but there's sort of a bigger issue at hand.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Eugh... The point of the SSD is to install the games on them... 60gb is just too small. If you can... I'd... return it? get a bigger one? Doesn't really solve your problem but there's sort of a bigger issue at hand.
    I heard many people install their steam library on their secondary HDD, and programs? Not sure why it's an issue given a 120GB SSD could barely fit all Blizzard's titles and the OS anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    People install it on the secondary HDD because they have too much stuff. 120gb is fine for a few games (WoW, D3, SC2 perhaps), but after that you need a 250gb.

I just feel it sort of defeats the purpose of getting an SSD when you have to pick and choose which things it benefits and which it doesnt.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    So I installed Windows 10 on a 60GB SSD and set-up my HDD as my storage drive. When I installed Battle.net and Hearthstone to the D drive it now gives me weird issues, one being the size on the uninstall programs window shows Hearthstone being 4.23GB when it's only 2.11GB on my D drive, the other being a random file is created on my D drive with 0 bytes plus a bunch of letters and numbers, it also changed my install date to the 29th when I installed it on the 28th.

I'm interested about this and if it's an issue/something I can resolve before I install larger games like WoW.

Thanks for any input.
    It sounds like you might have compression turned on.

http://www.howtogeek.com/133264/how-...might-want-to/

Unless you have a tiny HDD or it's very full, it's fairly pointless for a multi-terabyte HDD.

Neither of those oddities you mention are things that I would be terribly concerned about, unless you are having other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Thanks for any input.
    Make sure your HDD is NTFS formatted. FAT 16 / FAT 32 requires more space.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    It sounds like you might have compression turned on.

http://www.howtogeek.com/133264/how-...might-want-to/

Unless you have a tiny HDD or it's very full, it's fairly pointless for a multi-terabyte HDD.

Neither of those oddities you mention are things that I would be terribly concerned about, unless you are having other issues.
    Both the drive and the folder have compression unchecked. It was freshly formatted within windows after I installed the OS on my SSD. It may be Blizzard's games? I wonder if anyone else runs the same setup and has these issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    Make sure your HDD is NTFS formatted. FAT 16 / FAT 32 requires more space.
    Yeah ran the partition setup within windows and it's formatted as NTFS. All I did was select the letter D to recognized the drive as.

Also created the folder "Program Files (x86)" and ran the setup to be installed within that folder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    People install it on the secondary HDD because they have too much stuff. 120gb is fine for a few games (WoW, D3, SC2 perhaps), but after that you need a 250gb.

I just feel it sort of defeats the purpose of getting an SSD when you have to pick and choose which things it benefits and which it doesnt.
    Yeah I wanted an SSD so it boots up and runs internet fast. I don't really use my PC for anything else besides Games and Internet anyways. The only thing that takes long now is the screen before loading windows then it boots in 2 seconds.