Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Obama removed a Republican president's name from a Mountain

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mount-mc...ali-1440970559

Hear ye, Hear ye
    On August 30th of the year 2015, the noble King Obama has decreed that the tallest point in America no longer be know as Mount Mckinley, but renamed to Denali and as such conservatives on social media shall lose their shit.

With all the anti-left posts popping up, hears something nice to LOL about.

Some right-wing "news" site:
    Obama Renames Alaska’s Mount McKinley ‘Denali
    Mount McKinley, the tallest mountain in the United States at 20,237-feet tall, was officially renamed by Congress in 1917 in honor of Republican President William McKinley.

Now President Barack Obama aka “the Troll-in-Chief” has decided to rename the mountain Denali, its native Alaskan name.
    Funny tweets
    Why did Pres Obama change the name of Mt McKinley-why not let the people decide?
    This decision by the Administration is yet another example of the President going around Congress (4/5)

Some great lolworthy replies
    https://twitter.com/foxnewsvideo/sta...40268370391044
    https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/638099449710014465
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/638096560996380672
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/638094316594929664

Anyways, fun few minutes of laughter and some sadness on a Sunday night

Oh no, a mountain was renamed. Let's all freak out about how much other people care about something. They changed the name back to the name the natives in the area used prior to a bunch of white dudes a continent away decided it was named something else. Oh god, the horror. McKinley had never even been to Alaska when it was named.

What in the fuck gives this piece of shit tyrant the right to rename a mountain?

What a fucking piece of shit.

Fuck you Obama.

The day you leave office is the day America becomes begins to become great again.

Mod edit - no angry font please
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-08-31 at 06:18 AM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what Alaska seemed to want. Alaska > Ohio when to who to listen on what to name stuff IN ALASKA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh no, a mountain was renamed. Let's all freak out about how much other people care about something. They changed the name back to the name the natives in the area used prior to a bunch of white dudes a continent away decided it was named something else. Oh god, the horror. McKinley had never even been to Alaska when it was named.
    Can we rename it the Roosevelt Dam while we're at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    What in the fuck gives this piece of shit tyrant the right to rename a mountain?
    Being President.

Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I read the story earlier, hardly a big deal. McKinley had never even visited Alaska, if people from Ohio are that upset, they can name something in their state after him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although Im still annoyed Obama didnt give Houston one of the Space Shuttles.

Fuck you Obama.

The day you leave office is the day America becomes begins to become great again.
    3 guesses which branch of government runs national parks.

Last edited by Annoying; 2015-08-31 at 08:20 PM.

I haven't had many things to praise Obama for lately, but this is one of them. More places should have their native names officially restored.

Deleted
    Thanks Obama!

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problem with the name change, the mountain was originally called Denali after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayde View Post
    I read the story earlier, hardly a big deal. McKinley had never even visited Alaska, if people from Ohio are that upset, they can name something in their state after him.
    Maybe the McKinley Center for Treatment of Abdominal Gunshots Wounds?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

3 guesses which branch of government runs national parks.
    Caesar answers to no one.

This tyranny communist is just setting standard.

Imagine the power the next Republican will have.
    MAGA

Fuck you Obama.

Alaska tried to rename it, got blocked by Ohio.

Federal government reversing the oppression of Alaska by Ohio. Why are you against states rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am totally ok with this, it's a freaking mountain, enough with putting the names of presidents on everything.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Imagine the power the next Republican will have.
    Yes, Obama is the first president to name a park. And god help us when the next Republican does the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caesar answers to no one.
    Bzzt.

The correct answer is 'the Executive Branch'.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Obama is the first president to name a park. And god help us when the next Republican does the same.
    Lord help us it'll be something like 'The John C. Calhoun National Park'.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lord help us it'll be something like 'The John C. Calhoun National Park'.
    Everything is now named "Ronald Reagan X"

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    I haven't had many things to praise Obama for lately, but this is one of them. More places should have their native names officially restored.
    The original name for Africans was neger/negar, better known as "nigger".

Shall we be restoring that as well?

Because under the wisdom of Fuhrer Obama and your logic ...this would be so.
    MAGA