Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It wasn't unfair. Everyone had the potential to get the same gear. They just had to put in their time. The issue with is was that it was just unfun. No one wants to have to wait to be competitive. If they didn't have a cap on conquest points it wouldn't be an issue, but having to wait three weeks of resets to play at peak is not fun.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-08-31 at 10:11 PM.

It took them 10 years to decide give the classes an identity instead of invisible guy with swords, angry guy with swords, dead guy with swords, Shadow caster guy, OP mage caster guy, element caster guy, demon caster guy etc.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    It wasn't unfair. Everyone had the potential to get the same gear. They just had to put in their time. The issue with is was that it was just unfair. No one wants to have to wait to be competitive. If they didn't have a cap on conquest points it wouldn't be an issue, but having to wait three weeks of resets to play at peak is not fun.
    This, or people like to act like that one random battleground they queue up for should be treated the same as 2500 rated battlegrounds/arenas.

Unrated shit is for fun. Do not balance around unrated shit. What next? You get ganked out in the world and you want it to be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzfan View Post
    They should really try work on getting the ally vs horde spirit back.
    That doesn't work when the focus is on Arena, which means there's less AvH and more "I need to squeeze out the most I can", inevitably that leads people to going whatever race is the strongest regardless of faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have t2 xp and I always thought PvP gear was a stupid idea.

Why should I have to suck ass for weeks to gear up if I have no gear? Why should I not stand a chance against the derp who mindlessly grinded before I did, and thus has a higher ilvl?

Skill should be all that matters.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is too slow with making needed changes (not saying I'm for instant changes without testing, but they need to descend to the middle ground) and the vocal minority or possibly the vocal majority all like their shiny shinies and the status quo. Also WoW PvP requires skill, but not that much since it's all about selecting the enemy and using hotkeys as opposed to other PvP games which are mostly -- if not entirely -- skillshots.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2015-09-01 at 03:56 AM.

Deleted
    I really wait for that change long time ago

Deleted
    Why are people so stupid- having better gear means you are the better player, you put the time in you deserve to be slighty stonger than one just dinged. Fuck sake if there is no gear to earn people don't have much insentive to play. I was capped full conquest last week (its easier than ever to gear so stop bitching about disadvantages) - but now I'm like what do i get out of it. Sure there is the elite gear but now thats cosmetic its not needed plus my transmog is the way I want it.

Why not take out raid gear huh? are people too shit they can't do mythic in greens? It's ment to be about equal skills guyssssssss not just shitting on Archimonde

ALSO: How is this new system going to be more balanced you are at max level yet you dont even have all your pvp talents while another guy has them all- thats going to be more harder to blance the simple gear stats
    Last edited by mmoc5eb8fe6f4e; 2015-09-01 at 08:13 AM.

Rpgs are all about character progression, and Blizzard tried to keep this in PvP which wouldn't have turned so badly if the next tier weapon wasn't giving +20% dps. Cutting pvp gear progression will drasticaly reduce lifespan of PvP for many players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Epeen, visual flash for afk'ing in a capital city. basic fucktard stuff.
    You just described 99% of the PVErs in the game.

Though i do wonder if all these people shouting how WoW is all about skill and not gear would still have that attitude if Blizz removed gear from the game completely.

Personally think removing PVP gear is horrible. They should keep 1 honor set for each class/spec (no min-maxing by picking the right stats) and balance the classes over the top gear. If they want to get conquest that is cool, but you can't get rid of the only reason to play battlegrounds.

As someone who came from Call of Duty's prestige system... man it gets old fast.

I expect a quick revert, because people are going to ignore the heck out of battlegrounds like they did when Blizz took away the Ashran-specific gear.

Deleted
    They knew before but they didn't care back then.
    It wasn't supposed to be e-sports.

War, life and pvp are not fair. If someone can get an advantage by acquiring better gear than someone else, why is that a bad thing? Personally it is both interesting and exciting going through the effort to outplay someone by using different/better gear.

Like I've said before, as long as I can get the best gear for pvp through pvp I have no issues. The problem will come when I have to raid to be competitive in pvp. I'm also looking forward to seeing what excuses people will come up with when they lose now that gear shouldn't be a factor.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

7+ Year Old Account
    because some PvP'rs don't give a fuck about rating and gear was their form of progression. people who enjoy WPvP for example

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This is nonsense. Blizzard may believe it, but I guarantee most PvPers are getting gear to PvP, not the other way around.

In response to the OP, I still have my doubts as to whether they have figured it out. This seems like PvE heroes will have the edge.
    They already said this wasn't the case. Someone in full BIS stuff will be about 6 - 7% more powerful than someone who just hit 110 PvP wise.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Why are people so stupid- having better gear means you are the better player, you put the time in you deserve to be slighty stonger than one just dinged. Fuck sake if there is no gear to earn people don't have much insentive to play. I was capped full conquest last week (its easier than ever to gear so stop bitching about disadvantages) - but now I'm like what do i get out of it. Sure there is the elite gear but now thats cosmetic its not needed plus my transmog is the way I want it.
    Having better gear means you have put in more time than the other guy, nothing more. It could be the uber sucky player who was just lucky enough to get carried by teammates. That does not make him or her better than someone who just levelled up their twink. Haven`t you ever thought that a ton of people play more than one toon and they have to gear those too? So, the fact that they have to spend double the effort gearing up makes them deserve to suck on those twinks? Even though they are probably really good players....

Deleted
    PvP Gear is unfair? You never played Classic then I guess, because you were a God in PvP if you had Raiding T3.

Deleted
    it wasn't as unfair back then, skill really made the difference instead of gear back then (atleast from what I remember).

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    They already said this wasn't the case. Someone in full BIS stuff will be about 6 - 7% more powerful than someone who just hit 110 PvP wise.
    Is that with BiS PvE gear? Can I get the BiS from pvp or do I have to find a raid guild on another server? These are the questions they haven't answered and these are the things people are worried about.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"