Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the past doesn't matter, the present does.
    Of course the past matters.

By your logic this man should not be punished because his act was in the past. Last week is a part of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    But the past is the reason why our present time is so f'ed up.
    It's like some guy murders someone's parents and then in court he tells the judge and the person's kids "Oh, it's just in the past"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Does that have anything to do with how we live today?

Do we all have to drop down on our knees and atone for the sins our ancestors commited?
    Well the reason why a large part of Africa is such a mess is because of what we Europeans did during the colonial era, the borders we created etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the reason why a large part of Africa is such a mess is because of what we Europeans did during the colonial era, the borders we created etc.
    Ya but in the rare situation where Europe left a country with a functioning government it was overthrown by the natives and became a shithole, Rhodesia to Zimbabwe for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Funny how this wasn't the case when Europe was exploiting and destroying the rest of the world during colonialism. How hypocritical.
    Why do ignorant people always raise this awfully stupid argument?

What a country has done in the past, doesn't warrant or excuse this kind of behaviour today. The violence white South Africans suffer at the hands of (some) coloured people, isn't justified by the horror and disgrace of apartheid.

Those people are indeed suffering on their continent, but western countries aren't entirely responsible for that. Most threats, come from their own government, from their own people. Not bringing a stop to this immigrant inundation will negatively impact both native Europeans as the immigrants themselves, since we won't have sufficient resources to accommodate and re-educate them.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2015-08-31 at 12:28 PM.

In all Europe the extrem right-wing party grow stronger every day. another Hitler is on the way.....

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    What a shame that 1 criminal might taint humanitarian opportunities for multitudes of refugees.

Common people generally have a hard time separating sensationalist headlines from wider reality.
    We can talk about being humane toward refugees after some countries get overrun by them. There is nothing sensationalist when 100 of them enter you train cabin while you are with wife and kids and start kicking you because they think thats how things work. But hey there is rarely anything in news about that. Some cities in my country have "fallen" There are 5000 or more immigrants that enter my country on daily bases and more than half stay. And this is just the tip of iceberg, estimates are that more than 4mill of them will cross the border soon. Tell me how many will reach the destination and how many wont be able to get into EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    One? You do realize there have been a lot of cases of immigrants attacking, raping, slauthering Europeans lately, right?
    Also there have been a lot of right wing extremists attacking, killing and rapping lately, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    In all Europe the extrem right-wing party grow stronger every day. another Hitler is on the way.....
    The upbringing of Hitler was a result of post WWI crippling injustices done to Germany, not a migrant crisis.
    We're in an alternate universe full of savages that became fully educated engineers in a month because a dragon saved a racist from getting prosecuted by a panda in a scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    The upbringing of Hitler was a result of post WWI crippling injustices done to Germany, not a migrant crisis.
    Leave the ignorant to their ignorance.

I'm from southern Italy myself (though I work and live in The Netherlands) and if this doesn't stop, the Camorra will start cleaning up (as they did with the Gipsies in Naples). Italy isn't like any other western country, when people get fed up, they turn to the most powerful force in the country. That force, doesn't talk or mediate.

We don't want that, we don't want another slaughter.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2015-08-31 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Ya but in the rare situation where Europe left a country with a functioning government it was overthrown by the natives and became a shithole, Rhodesia to Zimbabwe for instance.
    Rhodesia was a much bigger shithole for the natives, than Zimbabwe is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishtoes View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot about the Finnish and Swedish colonial empire. Wait, didn't Norway have one too? Yep, all of those countries had large parts of Africa.
    Swedish colonies, the dutch kept pissing in your cornflakes though, also Finland and Norway were both a part of the Swedish empire! I think Norway was dutch at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Send that savage back to africa!
    Nice attempt at baiting people. Try subtlety next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

Wow so instead of debating you choose to insult. What a classy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post

yep but 25% unemployement in greece and spain, 18% in italy 16% in France. economic crisis since 2008. Manifestation against islam in germany etc etc etc. all extremists party clap in their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

What a country has done in the past, doesn't warrant or excuse this kind of behaviour today. The violence white South Africans suffer at the hands of (some) coloured people, isn't justified by the horror and disgrace of apartheid.

Those people are indeed suffering on their continent, but western countries aren't entirely responsible for that. Most threats, come from their own government, from their own people. Not bringing a stop to this immigrant inundation will negatively impact both native Europeans as the immigrants themselves, since we won't have sufficient resources to accommodate and re-educate them.
    I'm from Turkey, we have a similar refugee influx from Syria so I understand problems about refugees firsthand, but what I want to ask is this: If past is past, why is your government included almost all Europe is pressing Turkey to accept full responsibility for Armenian genocide? This is a rhetorical question, I wanted to point out that past does matter, and it is the best example of ignorance to ignore the past when it suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtoes View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot about the Finnish and Swedish colonial empire. Wait, didn't Norway have one too? Yep, all of those countries had large parts of Africa.
    Well, apparently I have forgotten as well about the Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Croatian, Romanian and Bulgarian colonial Empires. Those African overlords
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wow so instead of debating you choose to insult. What a classy person.
    If you had known how to read, you would've seen the fairly eloquent explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    I'm from Turkey, we have a similar refugee influx from Syria so I understand problems about refugees firsthand, but what I want to ask is this: If past is past, why is your government included almost all Europe is pressing Turkey to accept full responsibility for Armenian genocide? This is a rhetorical question, I wanted to point out that past does matter, and it is the best example of ignorance to ignore the past when it suits you.
    I never said "past is past, therefore it matters not". I merely said that past horrors do not justify modern day horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You mean like we Europeans did a few hundred years ago, slaughtering the natives and colonizing the land? I believe you will say greatness came from it. A little nation called the USA.

Back then the Irish etc also fled from abysmal conditions in their country and risked their life for the prospect of a better future.

The concept that anyone owns a land is just a joke....history told us that
    Yet another ridiculous comparison.

We need to help these people, but allowing our shores/borders to be overrun, doesn't help anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Which has what to with our current generation?