Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Red face I cried while I was playing Chrono Trigger...again.

Greetings champions! Good to see you all today.

So, I'm a very emotional person. I cry very easily, and I'm not ashamed of that. But, today I cried while I was playing Chrono Trigger...again.

It's been a while since I last played CT. It's truly a masterpiece, and nothing can or will change that. The Dream Team made the Dream Game back in the day.

Today, as I said before, I was playing the game again, on my DS.

Early in the game, while you are exploring the Cathedral, you'll get ambushed by some monsters, and one of them will hurt Lucca, your best friend.
    In that very moment, a strange warrior comes from nowhere and finishes the monster before it can do more harm.

Then...at that very moment, one of my favourite video-game music starts to play: Lucca's Theme, also known as "Fanfare 1", and Frog joins your party, doing this:

Call me stupid if you want, but I cried when this happened.
    Chrono Trigger is such a masterful experience, so innocent and yet so beautiful, that I can't explain in mere words.

Here's the link for the moment I was talking earlier:
    https://youtu.be/MZ1bNoe4RqY?t=6m59s

Well, I just wanted to take this off my chest.
    Thanks for reading. :3

See you later!
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2015-08-31 at 12:55 PM.

a story powerful enough to form emotional connections with the characters is very strong point in recommending a game. I've heard good things about the game, may have to get hold of the ios version

So why where you so sad about the frog saving the girl, you dislike her so much?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    a story powerful enough to form emotional connections with the characters is very strong point in recommending a game. I've heard good things about the game, may have to get hold of the ios version
    It's a very well made game, excelent music and gameplay with a well written story. Multiple endings too.

I know it's a well made game. I've never been able to play it past getting Frog in your party. I've given up on this game 10+ times... could never get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    chrono's death and his resurrection are by far my fav parts on that game, the tears :'(.
    also grandia on the sandy beach of gunbo, gosh i love the 2.5d style and OH GOD THE COMBAT MECHANICS SO GEWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can play chrono trigger perfectly on emulation (Znes) for anyone interested.
    A) MMO-C does not support emulation.
    B) The snes version isn't the ideal tbh, DS-iOS-Android version comes with more content and more story to it (i'd say it's somewhat subpar but enjoyable nonetheless).
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    So why where you so sad about the frog saving the girl, you dislike her so much?
    you dont have to be sad to cry. look at weddings for example, theres a fair amount of people that cry at a wedding, which is supposed to be a joyous occasion.

ot, chrono trigger is likely my all time favorite game. ive beaten it with every single ending, which.... there are a ridiculous amount of. you arent the only one that gets emotional over it. its truly a fantastic game. its just a shame that chrono cross couldnt live up to the fans (incredibly overwhelming) expectations, but then again i dont think any game ever could.

i remember my brother recommended it to me when we went to a flea market and saw it ~20 years ago. best 5-10 dollars i ever spent.