Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No its not because your raid does not gain any damage here, because hands HP is finite, ring damage they produce is too capped so all you do is just deal damage at expense of everyone else there and then struggle the rest of the time in the encounter.
    That is not true assuming that anyone who does not have to focus hands can increase their boss damage as a result of not focusing the hands. Because then the demo lock can destroy hands and have higher boss damage as a result of the ring. Again that's only assuming that everyone NOT doing hands has higher boss damage than they otherwise would as a result. In which case it's better for everyone to have a demo lock destroy hands. I would say it depends entirely on your comp, and how much boss damage is lost because people have to switch to hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    That is not true assuming that anyone who does not have to focus hands can increase their boss damage as a result of not focusing the hands. Because then the demo lock can destroy hands and have higher boss damage as a result of the ring. Again that's only assuming that everyone NOT doing hands has higher boss damage than they otherwise would as a result. In which case it's better for everyone to have a demo lock destroy hands. I would say it depends entirely on your comp, and how much boss damage is lost because people have to switch to hands.
    What do you mean it's not true? Of course it's bloody true, you have plenty DPS who virtually sacrifice nothing for AoE. The OP himself says that their raidcomp is bloody filled to the brim with DPS like that and hands evaporate in a split second.

If the raid would actually need you to do it, then by all means, but that is not the case here and not the case most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean it's not true? Of course it's bloody true, you have plenty DPS who virtually sacrifice nothing for AoE. The OP himself says that their raidcomp is bloody filled to the brim with DPS like that and hands evaporate in a split second.

If the raid would actually need you to do it, then by all means, but that is not the case here and not the case most of the time.
    Because I clarified my statement by saying "assuming that everyone NOT doing hands has higher boss damage than they otherwise would as a result". I don't know enough about other classes to know what ST damage they sacrifice by focusing hands. I was extremely careful to point out in my post that my entire statement hinges upon that assumption that people are sacrificing ST damage to kill hands. Calm down.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Does it really matter what you even do on this boss though?

Hmm thanks for the input guys.. but now you kinda making me feel a bit bad about trying be a DPS whore xD

@Gaidax
    Yes I know you are correct mate, but aside from what I personally want, and reflecting on what @Prisefighter said [that ST classes can just go ham on the boss during the ring proc], doesnt that make destruction/Demo warlocks one the best classes for whoring on the hands? I mean because their ST is kinda weaker than other classes?

BTW just asking to know the optimal classes to pad the hands, you kinda convinced me to go ST as aff.
    Last edited by toothreaper; 2015-09-01 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Does it really matter what you even do on this boss though?
    Not everyone is as amazing as you, some of us do struggle with it still. For the little guys like us it does matter, having this thing dead before 4:30 mark, which makes things much more difficult for this otherwise easy boss.

And it is not as terribly easy to do when your raid is only starting Mythic and does not consist of amazing top notch world class players.

In my guild me and the warrior 2 man hands. a few hunter barrage hits, but still duo it. i also...TAKE CATACLYSM! D: oh no.
    I do not make the raid wait on me for the ring, they understand that my position in raid is for hands, and i get it done without ring.
    Last edited by Bulwarkcoco; 2015-09-02 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    In my guild me and the warrior 2 man hands. a few hunter barrage hits, but still duo it. i also...TAKE CATACLYSM! D: oh no.
    I do not make the raid wait on me for the ring, they understand that my position in raid is for hands, and i get it done without ring.
    You dont use the ring during hands to aid you to kill the hands you use it during hands to get that massive explosion off afterwards...

Also i think if you were to pop ring on pull it would be wasted when he jumps.
    So we hold the ring and lust for when we are in position for hands, roughly 25-30 seconds into the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc81cc05c0ef; 2015-09-03 at 07:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, we used rings at 0:10. 2:10, and 4:10 to get 3 ring uses in on the boss.

It's just convenient that it lined up with the 2:10 hands if you do orange first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toothreaper View Post
    you kinda making me feel a bit bad about trying be a DPS whore xD
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by toothreaper View Post
    you kinda convinced me to go ST as aff.
    Good
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Deleted
    it pretty much comes down to what you need, one of the arguably most difficult parts of the fight, is when when you get the hands and residue shortly after and then have enough aoe to get the hands down and get into the residues in time, if your raid has enough aoe for that, then there is no real reason to have more and you'll be of a greater help to your raid to go afflic for more bossdmg.