Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah, you're just trying to be a hipster.

Illidan is a well developed and cool character.

Deleted
    i don't have anything against illlidan, but people really overestimate how strong he is... people saying he would single handedly kill KJ/archimonde/mannoroth/.... is just infuriating. i get that you like a character but that doesn't make him a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    i don't have anything against illlidan, but people really overestimate how strong he is... people saying he would single handedly kill KJ/archimonde/mannoroth/.... is just infuriating. i get that you like a character but that doesn't make him a god.
    no one said that Illidan is stronger than Archiomonde or KJ,only that he stronger than any of Archiomondes lieutenants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    So basically,

They like an anti villain that tries his best but ends up failing, I guess I can see the appeal.
    What pisses me the fuck off the most is saying that Illidan is stronger than that and that character, that is what I call fanboyism. It's like saying batman can beat superman.
    Batman could beat Superman as long as Kryptonite exists, its why Superman entrusted Batman with Kryptonite just in case Superman loses his mind and turns on humanity. Also there was an animated film done where Batman has contingency plans on all the Justice League members which gets stolen and used against them almost killing all of them if Batman didnt save them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    It would be sexist whether you knew OP was a female or not. No reason to connect "whiny" with "bitch"(=female). Men whine equally.
    I never said the comment itself was sexist, just that could have been a trigger for that. And this comment is even more valuable for:

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Men are called bitches constantly, how is this different? Move along white knight, your services are not needed here
    the smartass with a guilty conscience or a not-so-sharp mind.

Learn to read before you freak out for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

You forgot about his confrontation with Arthas This thread gave me chuckle.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Same thought when bw hit and THE OVERMIND was overrated... really. Besides Me'dan turning evil there is zero exceptional NPC in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Then explain why? He fails at fucking everything, can you explain to me what's so appealing about him aside from him looking "cool"
    He's quite a good character by WoW standards. He has actual development throughout Warcraft III which was then butchered in TBC, but imo the War of the Ancients novels make up for that. Going by what you're saying, I'm not so sure what you would call a good character: Some kind of perpetually successful golden boy without any emotional range or flaws? Most people get bored of such characters quickly, they don't make for good story.

What a pointless thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone likes different character tropes. Illidan's are not a favorite of mine, I like the bubbly hero types myself, but Illidan is hardly a bad character.
    I just feel like there's a little too many like him in WoW and not enough non-battle hardened, characters to even out the 'grimdark grrr war' characters.

At least that are as prominent as EmoJaina, SadThrall, SrsVarian, and company.

And Illidan's just another 'Oh woe is me'. Character, hardly badly written one, but one non-the-less. I like my evil just straight up maniacally loony. Arthas bordered on that in WoTLK by being almost cartoonishly villainous, and I loved it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of Illidan because he's the guy that tries to do good even if it means being bad. I believe there's a quote that goes something along the lines of, "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."??? Illidan tried to restore the Well of Eternity but the Night Elves and remaining Highborne didn't want a repeat of what occured. However even though he was imprisoned for this act he actually ended up doing a great good for the Night elves. The dragon aspects turned the new well into a great font of power for the NE and restored their immortality on top of allowing the new druids the ability to travel in the emerald dream. He might have done wrong by their standards but he actually gave them a great power that was made better because of the dragons. Cut to 10k years later and he willing agrees to aid in the battle against the return of the burning legion. He did as much as he could with what was available but he's only 1 person. So he willingly absorbs the power in the skull of guldan knowing that it'd turn him into a demon himself. So he commits a form of self sacrifice to aid his people and in a sense help save the world. Then Malfurion and Tyrande banish him because of his choices. It's a cultural thing in their case, they can't accept what he's done to himself even if it is in defense of his people.

I like him not because he is "the most powerful" or the "most badass" but because he's the most relatable. If I were in his shoes I'm not sure that I would make any different choices. He did his best with what he had available and got labelled a villain for it. Now with Legion maybe he'll get a redemption story before he actually dies as will more than likely happen.

Deleted
    Illidan is the best character in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    What a pointless thread.
    I wouldn't say that it's pointless so much as the phrasing of the topic and the points made could've been delivered to look as more of a constructive criticism/valid discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    Grom single-handedly killed Mannoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    Grom single-handedly killed Mannoroth.
    Keep in mind he did use the iron star explosion as a distraction though to attack. Not to mention the fact that if Garrosh hadn't jumped in to save him that he would've died from the explosion of mannoroth. Even great warriors and heroes need help from outside sources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post
    Keep in mind he did use the iron star explosion as a distraction though to attack. Not to mention the fact that if Garrosh hadn't jumped in to save him that he would've died from the explosion of mannoroth. Even great warriors and heroes need help from outside sources.
    Yeah, but what killed him was really that axe to the head he got. I mean no matter how powerful, a wound like that still kills you. Probably the same for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

Also, there is the MU redemption of Grom, where he didn't use any distraction or tricks and he killed him with one axeblow even there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    Yeah, but what killed him was really that axe to the head he got. I mean no matter how powerful, a wound like that still kills you. Probably the same for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

Also, there is the MU redemption of Grom, where he didn't use any distraction or tricks and he killed him with one axeblow even there.
    Also true however the MU Grom was years older and stronger both from experience and the fact that he double dipped into the Demon juice. He still was killed from that encounter too. Grom is definitely a ripped/powerful dude but even someone like him had to draw power from outside sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    He's quite a good character by WoW standards. He has actual development throughout Warcraft III which was then butchered in TBC, but imo the War of the Ancients novels make up for that. Going by what you're saying, I'm not so sure what you would call a good character: Some kind of perpetually successful golden boy without any emotional range or flaws? Most people get bored of such characters quickly, they don't make for good story.
    Knaaks version of War of the Ancients trilogy was a bummer.the original one is better.Illidan was much better portrayed in the original one.he was truly "The Betrayer".in Knaaks version he was not really the Betrayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post
    Also true however the MU Grom was years older and stronger both from experience and the fact that he double dipped into the Demon juice. He still was killed from that encounter too. Grom is definitely a ripped/powerful dude but even someone like him had to draw power from outside sources.
    Well, Illidan absorbed the powers of the skull of Gul'dan, I think they are at least somewhat equal.

He's meh for me.