Thread: DPS Issues

DPS Issues

Hey, my guild has a few new DPS warriors and they are hurting in the DPS department quite a bit. I know that weapons and trinkets help a ton, along with the completed legendary ring but I was wondering if there is anyone who can post some info for me to relay to my guys on possible issues that arent necessarily gear related as they are 699 ilvl. Also is it possible that it is completely gear(trinkets/weapons/legendary ring..etc)

Kiezsa and Borox are the warriors in question

If you go to askmrrobot and search for Mangchode on Ner'zhul, it will show my logs. the logs from Sunday 23 August 2015 are the ones that can be used to gather information. The logs were loaded wrong so the 1st Hellfire Assault kill should be ignored.

We carried them through 7/13H but it damn near gave me carpotunnel trying to push my DPS harder for the carry lol... Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
    Mangchode
    Ner'Zhul

Deleted
    I can't find any log of you on Sunday, August 23rd... maybe it's private and you need to set it public?
    Can't find any logs of Kiezsa. The only actual log of Borox is on Mannoroth, Monday, August 24th.

First thing to note: He used Hamstring 4 times on Mannoroth.... He should remove it from his action bar during raids, it does no damage.
    Next: He uses Dragon Roar only 4 times during the 9 minute fight. He should use it on cooldown -> should have been used 8 times at least.

Other then that cd usage seems to be good. Can't say much about rotation.
    For gear... on that kill he has 690 ilvl equipped. Since it's one day after the log you mention... he propably also has about the same on that log? Also he only has ilvl 690 and 685 weapons... Weapon damage is pretty important, so it's quite possible that he can't output as much simply based on that. Would be good to have more recent logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forim View Post
    First thing to note: He used Hamstring 4 times on Mannoroth.... He should remove it from his action bar during raids, it does no damage.
    Hamstring is quite useful on Gorefiend.

- - - Updated - - -

Kiesza's trinkets are holding him back super hard, also no set bonuses. He should use bladestorm on fights like Iskar, HFA, Kormrok, etc. If he won't he should at least be meat cleaving by using whirlwind more (Bloodthirst>Whirlwind(x2 if more targets)>Raging blow). He needs to keep track of his lvl 60 talent more: On Iron reaver he used it 7 times when he could have used it 10. It also appears that he is using stormbolt on every fight, he should use Dragons roar whenever he can hit more than 1 target (most of the time). Also shouldn't use siegebreaker all the time.

Over all talk to him about talent use and proper aoe rotations.

Borox needs to work on his mechanics, he died on a lot of your bosses. His dps issues are extremely gear related (pvp gear, no set bonuses), but he is playing the class better than Kiesza imo.

Over all talk to him about his fight mechanics, being dead = 0 dps.

Do you have a warcraft logs link? I'm much better at analyzing those than the mr robot ones. I ask this because I can't fully figure out if they are using all their raging blow stacks or wasting some.
    Last edited by Hadard; 2015-09-01 at 03:14 AM.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    Hamstring is quite useful on Gorefiend.

true, it has its uses.

Thank you, and I dont think we use warcraft logs But that you for the input and I will relay the information.