Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kimi ni todoke.

Clannad - make sure to prepare a box of tissues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't make it past Kimi ni Todoke's 4th ep. Can't stand Shoujo romances.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Kimi ni todoke.

Clannad - make sure to prepare a box of tissues.
    No-one told me this before I started watching. Now, THAT'S a psa the world needs!

Clannad is mine, as well. Although, I'd argue it is more a love anime than a romance anime.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    XD I hate you so much. That anime was just brutally wrong!

I did quite enjoy Clanaad if I got the spelling right.

It had romance in the beginning :P

10+ Year Old Account

For me i'd probably say either Fruits Basket or Chobits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kimi ni todoke.

Honey & Clover...

but I remember really enjoying Suzuka too.

if we're going for just the 'romance' angle, and not looking at harem/comedy.

(if we're looking at harem/comedy, I dunno where to begin. some of my favorites are great because they're just so generic but work. and others are great because, 'who the heck thought of this ? its just so....)

Spice and Wolf. Only romance anime I like. Can't stand that Shoujo high school crap.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    So many, many...I love romance anime, usually where it meets harem and comedy, and particularly when it's deviant from the usual path of progression. Though i do love the usual tripe when it's done well.
    If I were to name one that was less than usual, maybe Flowers of Evil, I enjoyed it's oddness.
    And less potent but still interesting was Mysterious girlfriend X, I was hoping it was going to go for more episodes.
    I think everyone has already touched on all the others I found good, so I'll leave it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Does Ah My Goddess count?

It should count, since a ton of "romance" anime/manga follows the trails it set.

I wanna say Clannad, but fuck Clannad for making my cry. So I'll pick Toradora, even though I really dislike how violent Aisaka is against Ryuuji.

Deleted
    Only watched a few so take it with a grain of salt:

1. Bakuman: the story about 2 people who make a pact to get married once their dream is fullfilled. This anime is about writing manga, no action, no comedy, no rivals that hate each other, no cheesy love stories...this is literally the best anime I've ever seen. (well that or Code Geass, I'm conflicted)

If you haven't watched this, do it...especially if your around the age of 18-20. It gives a nice dose of reality for how hard life is and that some are born lucky and others have to work to get somewhere. 10/10

2. Clannad After Story: to be clear, the first season was dreadfull with all the magic bullshit going on. After Story was very touching and actually made me think how someone can fall in love by simple things, without trying. 9/10

3. 5 Centimeters Per Second: A very touching dose of reality of even though you try you actually have little control over life and you separate so easily from those you love. The animation is also crazy well done. 8/10

4. Garden of Words: Not much I can say about this without spoiling it, was just a very touching movie. 7/10

5. Angel Beats: Great concept executed like a pile of sh*t. Spoiler alert, love relationships pop from nowhere and the majority of the characters are boring to watch. I felt like they rushed this story way to much instead of characters receiving the development they deserved. 5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I wanted to say Clannad, but then I remembered Gintama.

I'm at around Gintama 180...and I think I skipped at least 30-40 episodes up till now because they were just so dreadful and dull. But, the anime does have decent arcs which keeps me watching or rather skipping episodes till I get to the good stories. I can't remember this girl from the anime though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What anime is this, I was looking for a more emotional anime. I hate cheesy animes though where 2 people are in love but they don't do anything about it for 100 episodes...if ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    No-one told me this before I started watching. Now, THAT'S a psa the world needs!

Clannad is mine, as well. Although, I'd argue it is more a love anime than a romance anime.
    I still wonder if anyone actually enjoyed the first half of season 1 with the shitty girl who makes wooden stars. I hated the anime till she left the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Only watched a few so take it with a grain of salt:

1. Bakuman: the story about 2 people who make a pact to get married once their dream is fullfilled. This anime is about writing manga, no action, no comedy, no rivals that hate each other, no cheesy love stories...this is literally the best anime I've ever seen. (well that or Code Geass, I'm conflicted)

If you haven't watched this, do it...especially if your around the age of 18-20. It gives a nice dose of reality for how hard life is and that some are born lucky and others have to work to get somewhere. 10/10

2. Clannad After Story: to be clear, the first season was dreadfull with all the magic bullshit going on. After Story was very touching and actually made me think how someone can fall in love by simple things, without trying. 9/10

3. 5 Centimeters Per Second: A very touching dose of reality of even though you try you actually have little control over life and you separate so easily from those you love. The animation is also crazy well done. 8/10

4. Garden of Words: Not much I can say about this without spoiling it, was just a very touching movie. 7/10

5. Angel Beats: Great concept executed like a pile of sh*t. Spoiler alert, love relationships pop from nowhere and the majority of the characters are boring to watch. I felt like they rushed this story way to much instead of characters receiving the development they deserved. 5/10

- - - Updated - - -

I'm at around Gintama 180...and I think I skipped at least 30-40 episodes up till now because they were just so dreadful and dull. But, the anime does have decent arcs which keeps me watching or rather skipping episodes till I get to the good stories. I can't remember this girl from the anime though.

- - - Updated - - -

What anime is this, I was looking for a more emotional anime. I hate cheesy animes though where 2 people are in love but they don't do anything about it for 100 episodes...if ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I still wonder if anyone actually enjoyed the first half of season 1 with the shitty girl who makes wooden stars. I hated the anime till she left the show.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it. Wasn't the strongest part of the show but I liked it.

Your lie in april was probably the only romance type anime I have watched and damn it got me in the feels especialy the ending.

My all time favorite romance anime would have to be Nodame Cantabile. I loved the classical music in the series and Noda's antics just never got old lol. A close second I would have to say is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, it had good humor and an out of the norm female protagonist which made it a cut above most other series IMO.

Deleted
    You guys have some bad taste, lol. Seen most of them crappy shows you guys mentioned.

Best hands down would be Rose of Versailles. Other good choices would be Kuragehime, Kaikan Phrase (bit unrealistic but with nice music), Kare Kano (the first half anyway, while the show still had some budget) and Kimagure Orange Road (which has to have one of the most promising starts of any romance anime, shame it couldn't keep it up).

If you really wanna watch some more recent stuff, go for things like nana or skip beat! at least. Gravitation if you're into gay romance.

It's fairly drama heavy, but Nagi no Asukara is probably one of my favorite romance anime(and overall anime for that matter), just rewatched it recently and it was just as good as i remembered it to be. Whether you love it as much as I do will depend on how you feel about the characters and the drama, but the show is worth watching regardless, for the stunning backgrounds and solid ost.

Kimi no Todoke and Sakura Trick are my favorite in recent memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

Midori Days. Where a guy falls in love with a sock puppet connected to his hand. You can watch it on youtube.