Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Having a hard time understanding how this is a Ponzi scheme or necessarily bad aside from pre-ordering a digital game.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not a ponzi scheme but it definately grinds my gears towards a big black flag and a skull that can get all those "rewards" for less bullshit practices than that... and the dollar price keeps rising.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Lol what a f'ing joke. I'll just wait for the inevitable 2017 GOTY edition.

I only dislike that you have to pick one of the rewards per tier and the whole "shit removed that exists" thing, that being said I still want this goddamn game because Deus Ex HR was great.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

blablabla no ponzi scheme blabla but well people deserve that shit. I genuinely hope developers and publishers go even further like selling just half the product and even more preorder bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This...isn't a Ponzi scheme.
    Not disagreeing with you but wouldn't a "Pyramid Scheme" be more fitting?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Not disagreeing with you but wouldn't a "Pyramid Scheme" be more fitting?
    No...

You're not getting paid for getting more players to preorder the game. There is no investment with intent of making more money here. You are buying a digital product for your own consumption. A pryamid scheme isn't sustainable(aka eventually people will not get a return on their investment further down the line), here everyone who preorders is going to get what they choose at each tier that is met gauranteed.

Please avoid using "____ Scheme" if you have no clue what it means.

Disappointing like 40-50% of people are busy correcting stuff that is wrong on the internet rather than actually talking about how utterly fucking ridiculous this pre-order system is.

Disappointing, but not surprising. It's much easier to argue against an irrelevant point vs the actual topic the OP brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Having a hard time understanding how this is a Ponzi scheme or necessarily bad aside from pre-ordering a digital game.

Yeah what could POSSIBLY be wrong about cutting content from the base game, making three separate tiers that are exclusive to one another, and tempt people with more stuff cut from the base game if they convince other people to spend their money on it too.

I don't see a single thing wrong with it!

Stop being a bad consumer. People like you and the few others in this thread who pretend it's not a problem screw all of us because then more companies keep pulling this shit.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-09-01 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Yeah what could POSSIBLY be wrong about cutting content from the base game, making three separate tiers that are exclusive to one another, and tempt people with more stuff cut from the base game if they convince other people to spend their money on it too.

Stop being a bad consumer. People like you and the few others in this thread who pretend it's not a problem screw all of us because then more companies keep pulling this shit.
    Don't preorder any game ever. Problem solved.

Disappointing like 40-50% of people are busy correcting stuff that is wrong on the internet rather than actually talking about how utterly fucking ridiculous this pre-order system is.

Disappointing, but not surprising. It's much easier to argue against an irrelevant point vs the actual topic the OP brought up.
    Using terms that would make some illegal when in fact it's just anti consumer is ridiculous internet hyperbole and it has no place in intelligent discussions.

No one is arguing whether or not it's anti consumer, you can say it's anti consumer without using ridiculously false hyperbole to try and describe this great injustice on gamers.

Deleted
    So what do we do? We don't pre-order. Problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So what do we do? We don't pre-order. Problem fixed.
    Mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Don't preorder any game ever. Problem solved.
    Pretty much.

And they lost a customer, fucking disgusting.
    There is no excuse for this.

Can a mod change the thread title?

This is beyond a joke, I watched the pre-order video in disbelief. It was like satire. The dislikes on the video say it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god for squareenix, releasing the game 4 days early for the pirates to enjoy before customers get their own (the ones that didnt preorder) !
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    I agree it's a shitty system, but it's no ponzy scheme.
    You don't actually get a direct benefit from recruiting some one else, because the upper tiers might be reached without you doing anything.

It would be far more problematic, if you'd get one of the three costumes that you didn't select at first, if you recruit somebody...

This is not a ponzi scheme... it's stupid though.

I don't see anything wrong either.

The game has not been released yet. A consumer is only entitled to what is include in the final product. Nothing else.

Stop being a bad consumer.
    I feel bad consumerism is in supporting poorly made product, ignorance of creation & operation, brand loyalty and fanaticism. Finding issue with a trench coat which may or may not be included in the final product is of no relevance.