Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

[TV] Rick and Morty

So, this show is amazing. It's only about a season and a half in and it's already one of the best animated shows I've ever seen. If it were to keep up like it is now I'd say it would easily be better than Family Guy/South Park in the future.

If you aren't watching it already, I highly urge you to. If anything, the first 2 episodes are the weakest and it gets better from there.

Watch it (legally) here: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/
    I suggest watching in order. It doesn't make a HUGE difference but it's better that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't better than Archer but it's very very good.

This season has been great, the episode with the singing cloud was awesome, last weeks (SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOTTT) and this weeks have all been so good. This weeks had some pretty messed up stuff but it was hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious, it's blowing up all over the internet and it's accurate as a future comedy show-time travel, space parasites, alternate reality clones, stupid adults being stupid, etc. Genius.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was really surprised at how much I liked Ricky and Morty, I've still only seen the first season but am pretty excited to see the second.
    Rick burping get on my nerves a fair bit though.

For me, Archer is still the best current animated series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Rick burping get on my nerves a fair bit though.
    Yeah that's one thing I still don't like in the show, It's just annoying.

I like it more than Archer so far. I do like Archer, but Rick and Morty makes you think a bit more. And Archer seems to rely on the same shtick a lot more. I'd put Archer in the 'clever' category where I'd put Rick and Morty closer to the 'genius' side.
    Yea the burping can be annoying, but he either does it less than he used to or I'm just used to it by now.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-09-01 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to put it, but I really like how...err uh...self aware? it is. Just listen for how many times they say sci-fi stuff, or accurately predict something that would happen as they are like real people and know what troupes are

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I've read somewhere they do that because his voice actor stutters and thats how they cover it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'm just disappointed they wrote out Mr. Poopybutthole. Anyone have any behind-the-scenes info on that? I heard they simply couldn't afford such a prominent name on the cast as more than a cameo, being the star that he is. Heck, I was impressed they managed to get Mr Poopybutthole to do that episode to begin with.

Either way I'd be happy to see him return at some point, definitely the best character and actor on the show, really gave it a bit of class.
    Totally agree, what's not to like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    I've read somewhere they do that because his voice actor stutters and thats how they cover it up.
    They could easily edit it out though, I think at this point they're just sticking with it because it's different, like how they do the pupils weird in the eyes of the characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    same here, only just started watching it, and ricks burps annoy me so much! hope they write that out in season 3

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Loving it so far, the 2nd season's opening episode was amazing
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    watched all episodes, wish there was more

everyone has been great so far

Most recent one was so hilariously fucked up. "Keep Summer safe" alone was terrible enough, but then openly mocking your own creation and then destroying it's work out of spite and to buy like 1 more second of time to get ahead... I don't know how they make a character like that like-able, he's like an extreme planet hopping George Costanza, doing whatever he wants because he thinks the universe owes him something.

For an incredibly silly show, it really does make you think. The dialogue is on point to, everyone sounds like they are actually talking, with pauses and mistakes here and there.

10+ Year Old Account

Rick's a drunk, the burping suits him. They don't add anything to Morty to hide the stutter(same VA) so I think the burping should stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't catch a new episode this week. Intended skip or did I miss something?

Don't think there was a new one this weekend. Nothing on my DVR or the Rick and Morty streaming section of AS.

My favorite show ever.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The fact they got Jemaine to voice and sing on the show was amazing.

Also laughed so hard at the "SHUT THE FUCK ABOUT MOONMEN!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Just binged on the whole first season...I love this show! If it weren't for the simpsons title sequence from the last episode...I would have never known this show existed... 5/5!