Mythic Socrethar Adds

After finally downing Gorefiend last night my guild did a few pulls on Socrethar. It seemed relatively straight forward, however we seemed to have some trouble getting both our Soulstalker adds trapped together and quickly after the P2 transition.
    Whenever I seem to look at videos they have no issue with it, but we can't manage to get it done well or fast enough.

Anyone got any tips for this part of the fight?

With the gear you guys probably have, just burn the p1 add, and trap the caster in p2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    With the gear you guys probably have, just burn the p1 add, and trap the caster in p2.
    I was under the impression that they cast a full heal and re-fixate when they reach 50% health? Maybe I've misinterpreted this mechanic completely.

Have a rogue stun the first cast, and a pally the second cast at 50%

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to take note of, if you haven't already noticed is that the AoE orb the boss does will break your hunters traps in P1. It took us several attempts to realize that, along with felmouth frenzy breaking traps on account of it being able to proc off of a trap going off, lol.

You can kill the add(s) though, the cast on the heal is fairly long and any stun will disrupt it.

Deleted
    We killed him last night. We had 1 hunter kiting the add into his frost trap and then the construct guy keeping it trapped during p2. The hunter trap was randomly breaking quite often due to bomb / some genius starfall but we had like 4 hunters so it was np retrapping. We also managed to push p2 before 2nd add spawning.

If you don't have the dmg to get only 1 add, or your cc breaks too much I would suggest to just kill the add (and maybe trap 2nd one). All that matters in p1 is that you do it clean with no deaths and get a smooth transition to p2, it doesn't really matter how long it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    One thing to take note of, if you haven't already noticed is that the AoE orb the boss does will break your hunters traps in P1. It took us several attempts to realize that, along with felmouth frenzy breaking traps on account of it being able to proc off of a trap going off, lol.
    Yeah we figured this one out when our only hunter kept having his trap broken. Good to note though for others. Took a handful of attempts to rule out any aoe doing it.

And yeah looks like we'll kill off the first one and get the second one into a trap for P2.

If we use the ring on pull we only get one add, but without it we just get the second unfortunately so we'll probably need to deal with the one.

Ring on pull, BL on first domi, ring on second should be fine to avoid getting two adds in p1.

My alt guild I run just phased it before the second add. We had the 2nd tank kite the add until prison spawned and put it into that.

We also skipped gorefiend and killed soc 6th so we weren't that geared. Its quite easy just use all cds on pull except lust. Lust on first dominator. All that matters is the first one. Second one does 0 dmg to construct and you won't get a third.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a ranged activate the ring a few seconds into the fight so the add gets hit with it as it spawns. Then its easy to stun and burst down. We don't get a 2nd add but if you do have less gear then it should be easy enough to kite the 2nd one into the prison.