Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Russia is doomed, in any case. Demographic collapse, anyone? By mid-century, there will be an ethnic Russian rump state centered around Moscow. And it will be overtly facist. Vast chunks of Siberia will de facto become Terra Nullius, while China seizes the rest.

Ah the best threads especially when the lurking russian and russian lovers get triggered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The Plutocrats and the Theocrats are currently duking it out in the US for the Republican presidential ticket.

Ben Carson (Theocrat) recently tied Donald Trump (Plutocrat) in a poll although that was likely an aberration. Money still speaks louder than anti-women and anti-LGBQT bigotry in the US.
    Ahh see..... I don't consider Carson a Theocrat. Not by a mile's shot.
    He just plays to a voter group.
    Being a person of belief doesn't make anyone a Theocrat. Using said belief to rule under the "laws" of what the religion demands, that's a theocrat..
    The ONLY theocrat I know for that matter (in the Western world of course) is the Pope. And he has no worldly powers outside of Vatican City.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-09-01 at 03:04 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Being a person of belief doesn't make anyone a Theocrat. Using said belief to rule under the "laws" of what the religion demands, that's a theocrat..
    The ONLY theocrat I know for that matter (in the Western world of course) is the Pope. And he has no worldly powers outside of Vatican City.
    I'm pretty much convinced Carson drank the koolaid unlike, say, Walker or Trump who pay lip service. Most if not all anti-LGBQT laws are done in the name of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Huckabee would be one. He's openly said he'd ignore the constitution and the courts to ban abortions and gay marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Night elves are ugly!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Nazi Germany was as atheist as it can get.
    you obviously confused night elves with draenei.

pretty sure germany had a significant catholic population during nazi rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    There's a reason why draenei have russian accents you know, draenei are russian. I don't think cheerleaders would work in this case.
    As proof, draenei are ruled by a theocracy too.
    it's all starting to make sense. putin is really velen! this is all the evidence we need to invade. the draenei shall fall and their empire shall crumble!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Good for Russia to have such a great leader. Secularism, and other decadent ideologies and ways that are affiliated with it, have irreversibly destroyed the western and northern Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    They are the reasons that most flee to the Western Nations.

Authoritarianism, and rigid morality based on religious dogma, make the world a horrid place to live. I cannot wait till both versions of authoritarianism are put to rest in the trash heap of outmoded social norms.
    Yes, and by accepting and even inviting such people that don't want authoritarianism, you will get rid of authoritarianism in their countries, right? To the contrary, enjoy the last few years of liberal democracies in Europe. Soon, there will be none of that left as Muslim population is booming across Europe and every new generations of Muslims are more anti-Democratic, pro-Sharia. Europeans had a choice between Christianity and Secularism. They chose Secularism. They will have Sharia.

As pro-Russian as I am, I absolutely detest the fact that Orthodoxy is taking sway of people's minds yet again. Religion is resurging in Russia at an alarming pace, and I first hand see its effects when I read Russian forums (which I do on a daily basis).

The lunatics who claim that Russia is god's chosen nation, that god will destroy the decadent West and so on are far more prevalent than they used to be 10 years ago, and more disturbingly, there is a lot of these people among the youngsters (which is similar to Middle East, and a polar opposite to the West, where bible thumpers are among the older generation, and the younger people are more secular)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is a false dichotomy. Muslims that integrate into society are just as secular as anyone else. What you are talking about is fanatics... And those exist anywhere. And they will be, rightly, ostracized from society.
    Except it isn't. You can't avoid that since a huge portion of Muslims in the west are Islamists, and by some estimates even majority of people. If 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in their country and this number seems to be rising with every generation. And with every generation the portion of Muslims in society is expected to rise drastically. You will have what is coming for you. Maybe not in your generation, but that does not matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillys View Post
    I think Western Nations have their own issues with theocrats we need to be sorting out before looking at any other nation
    Then we must ignore the rest of the world whatsoever, paint the rest of the world map in black and cease to interact with it in any way. Since ALL issues will never be solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by phillys View Post
    I think Western Nations have their own issues with theocrats we need to be sorting out before looking at any other nation

Why does the minor presence of religious fanatics in the US prevent them from even looking at other countries' theocratic development? You could pose the same idea in the 1930s - shouldn't we look at our own antisemitism before looking at germany's?

i'm hopeful that eventually people will learn to not be complete shit to each other. so it might get to theocracy before that happens, but it'll eventually fade.