Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What makes these bullshit posts about Jay Wilson hilarious is the fact he was a Wow developer during TBC. You people are so quick to spam your hate that you don't even bother to educate yourself first before spewing nonsense.
    So what? Just because someone is a decent programmer or whatever doesn't mean you should make him the lead designer of a huge franchise. Also not everyone that worked on TBC is necessarily a fucking mastermind.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    So what? Just because someone is a decent programmer or whatever doesn't mean you should make him the lead designer of a huge franchise. Also not everyone that worked on TBC is necessarily a fucking mastermind.
    You don't really know what games Jay has worked on or what he actually did, do you? I'm not defending the guy, but if you're gonna criticize the process, then maybe you should figure out what you're criticizing. I don't think anyone here is talking about programmers becoming lead designers and fucking everything up in the process.

I mean you basically said 'if your restaurant fails, maybe you shouldn't employ your dishwashers as head chefs'. It's a very presumptuous statement.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2015-09-03 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I love that he replied to a thread about the CEO of Blizzard and still can't figure out that Kotick is not the CEO of Blizzard.
    He does, however, control 40% of the Board (I think it is). He put a lot of his own money into the buyout of Vivendi. So it doesn't take much extra for him to control the board and, by extension, Blizzard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No Chilton is the lead guy. He is literally the game director for Wow. It is HIS job to step in and handle these things. CEOs don't dick around with developing games. I'm sorry but they just don't.
    Steve Jobs was not designing iPods, but he was still very involved in the whole process because he had a vision and he forced it. If Steve Jobs would be the CEO of BLizzard, he would be down there in the development studio of WoW giving specific orders.

Morhaime seems way too hands off. He doesn't come across as someone with grand visions. He feels out of touch with the gaming world. Take Rob Pardo out of the history of Blizzard and it could look pretty grim. Which is the future now basically.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Why don't you get a life outside of this forum ?
    Why don't all the hate threads on Blizzard ?
    Why are you still not banned ?
    Why are you so dumb ?
    These are the real questions that need answered.
    Go for it OP.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    He does, however, control 40% of the Board (I think it is). He put a lot of his own money into the buyout of Vivendi. So it doesn't take much extra for him to control the board and, by extension, Blizzard.
    He controls I think 24% of the stock. That gives him control of Activision-Blizzard - which is NOT Blizzard. He is bound by the bylaws of the board in what he can and cannot do, and he needs the full support and vote of the board, and in a lot of cases all of the investors, to effect change at Blizzard.

The idea that Kotick has his hands in store mounts and quests is laughable. His control is the big picture stuff - budgets, growth, acquisitions, for Activision Blizzard.

Blizzard has it's own management, who do the actual making games stuff. For Kotick to interfere would be a massive breach of professionalism, and possibly a violation of the bylaws.

The reality is, anything in World of Warcraft is directly under the control of Morhaime, his executive staff, and his creative staff.

I don't understand this bizarre resistance to that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Steve Jobs was not designing iPods, but he was still very involved in the whole process because he had a vision and he forced it. If Steve Jobs would be the CEO of BLizzard, he would be down there in the development studio of WoW giving specific orders.

Morhaime seems way too hands off. He doesn't come across as someone with grand visions. He feels out of touch with the gaming world. Take Rob Pardo out of the history of Blizzard and it could look pretty grim. Which is the future now basically.

Steve Jobs is an outlier - for all of his renowned involvement in Apple products, his interaction at Pixar was exactly the opposite - he let them do what they did, with no interference or direction from him. And, just because he was like that, doesn't mean Morhaime has to be like that. Nobody really knows how hands-on Morhaime is, because he rarely appears in the media.

Besides, Xanzul was wrong. J. Allen Brack is the Senior Producer of World Of Warcraft. He's the top dog, who reports directly to Morhaime. Chilton reports to Brack.

Threads like these, sincerely, make me hate this god damn community. Go outside and fly a fucking kite or something.