Timewalker dungeon BIS from old expansion or current gear?

Hi everyone,

With the release of timewalker dungeon currency, I'm planning to run a lot of those.
    I was wondering if it's better to keep your current level 100 gears or is it better to farm the BIS gear from previous expansions?

Example: If I run a Burning crusade timewalker dungeon... is it better to keep my current gear and deal with the scaling down in ilvl or is it better to farm the 154-164 ilvl gear from sunwell plateau?

Thanks!

Generally speaking you just want gear with as many sockets as possible, there is some insane setbonuses out there as well but varies per class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Get your legendaries and solo that shit like my DK roomie.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I still have my legendary cape as well as the legendary bow
    was wondering what ilvl are the gear scaling down to for Wrath/BC dungeon....
    I mean if my gear scale down to 150 ilvl for Tbc dungeons... I'll rather farm high end gear from TBC with lots of sockets as well as putting some nice enchants on those old gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I do throw on my legendary cloak and staff. If I really wanted to mix/max I'd find a piece I could use the legendary metagem in as well, but there isn't much of a reason to go crazy with BiS for this - maybe it'll be different for the wrath dungeons this weekend (doubtful) but the BC ones were a cakewalk. Even in one where we had a tank who must not have known what threat or taunting was so I (a mage) facetanked most of the dungeon the healer was able to keep me up.

If you have old legendaries, throw them on. If you happen to have a crazy good old tier bonus in your bag, go for it, but I wouldn't worry too much about min/maxing. The best way to optimize your time in a lot of runs will be to find friends or other people you know to run them with you so you can just blaze through and not worry about random idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon soul gear was loaded with sockets - as people have said get gear with as many sockets you can find - stack them with strength / agility etc gems - get a legendary weapon, get your legendary cloak out and go baws out rawr rawr.
    No BIS list has been made so to speak for classes but Asmongold did make a video with an example for warrior gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder which item sets and trinkets would be the best to use. So many options! I think as a ret pally I might go for the DS set tbh. Now I am looking for the perfect trinkets. I certainly want one 2min clicky and probably a passive Str boost?
    For my hunter I'll probably go with DS tier. Double focus gains is probably the best tier bonus you can get and it only requires 2 pieces. And all of it is loaded with red sockets.