Do you like how blizzard balances casual/hardcore content?

As in, do you think the WoD way of offering content for both is good, with casuals having alts, LFR, heroic dungeons and normal mode raiding. While more "hardcore" players have mythic dungeons, challenge dungeon, and heroic+Mythic raiding.

PERSONALLY, I don't. I like how dungeons work, but think they should merge mythics and challenge dungeons for the hardcore, heroic for the more casual playerbase. I feel like LFR shouldn't be in the game and it should just be Normal+Heroic+Mythic, but still have some form of large scale content for casual players, like dynamic large events. I feel scenarios should return and be 1-5 man flexible, and lastly, more dailies with story progression and locked rewards.

that way, hardcore players have the exclusive raiding content, and dungeons, and some casual stuff to do when bored, and casuals have events, scenarios, dailies, world bosses, and normal mode if they want a little bit of challenge.

and before people who enjoy LFR yell at me saying stuff like "HE ONLY MADE THIS TO BASH LFR" HARDCORE DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS" "LFR IS NEEDED DUMBFUCK" first of all, I only do LFR when I raid. Because I don't want to dedicate time in a wow guild when I raid in another mmo, dont want to raid in two at the same time. But I feel normal and premade groups kinda makes the need for LFR irrelevant.

If you want you can reply to me with angry posts. But I would much rather you stated your idea of casual/hardcore content, also state how you like the current model for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i want them to do is, make dungeons are Cataclysm again or even WOTLK, rewarding. I don't mind rerunning a dungeon 100x, i liked that. WoD and MoP didn't reward me enough to do them again, so why should i do them?

Scenarios on MoP though, damn they were brilliant. I really want them to return.

Raids itself, are best it ever been.

If they can manage to return dungeons like old and scenarios.

Then the expansion is a big mile ahead then WoD and can please me for long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I also like running dungeons a lot if I get something good out of it.

but yeah, I think Scenarios were the best damn piece of casual content WoW has ever fucking added to the game, they were incredible.

The casual content is far too easy. It doesn't have to be easy to be casual. It just shouldn't be super time consuming or require a lot of organizing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    The casual content is far too easy. It doesn't have to be easy to be casual. It just shouldn't be super time consuming or require a lot of organizing.
    That's how it used to be in Wrath, no idea how we ever ended up with how it is now.

You know that the casual/hardcore definition is pretty meaningless, right? In any case, it's a continuous spectrum, not a simple binary definition.

If I only log in for a couple of hours per week to do a mythic farm with my guild am I casual or hardcore? If I log in for 24 hours per week to role-play in Stormwind or play the AH am I casual or hardcore?

These may be extreme examples, but they illustrate the point. If anything - judging by the raid completion stats (and if we assume raiding to be a marker for 'hardcoreness', which it isn't necessarily), the bell curve is shifted towards the 'casual' player base.

Having played more hardcore and now due to real life issues such as work and so forth NO!! The current system SUCKS!! LFR sucks major balls, its way too easy even for LFR and the gear sucks hairy balls. I liked MOP LFR. They need to increase the difficulty in the current LFR or next expansion, drop same looking recolored gear with tier sets bonus like they did in MOP.

I know a lot of raiders will cry but time spent equals gear. The guild I am in now raids approximately 2 to 3 days a week and spend at most 2 to 3 hours a night in normal heroic raids and do a full clear. They can typically clear in 2 nights depending on who shows up they basically have HFC on farm. Thats not a whole lot of time invested BTW. With some of the retards that que for LFR and depending on what I que for myself I easily spend that much time sometimes more. My problem is I can not make scheduled raids due to work schedule changing and so forth. Hence I am stuck with LFR. If LFR is the same as it is next expansion and my work does not change I will likely cancel.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2015-09-02 at 09:57 AM.

I don't need to run LFR now unlike at some earlier stages (for tier tokens etc.) so having LFR in the game doesn't bother me in the least.

It's good to have normal difficulty but the gear drops from it should be low enough that mythic raiders don't need to farm ti for the first few weeks as first clearing the raid on normal, then on heroic and then finally starting mythic is too much.

Heroic is as it should be save for the fact that I'm not sure the last hc boss needs to be harder than the first few mythic bosses. But no major complaints here and I very much like the skipping mechanics allowing to farm only the later bosses if you so choose.

Mythic is as it should be for the most part, some minor tuning issues. However it feels like end bosses are now tuned harder than before, however, that could be just me raiding in a slightly more casual guild than before + 20 mans combined with personal responsibility bosses being a lot more of a headache than in 10 man.

All in all the one thing I'd change is normal mode loot in respect to mythic gear from previous tier: the situation that normal mode Archimonde dropped higher ilvl gear than BRF mythic bosses isn't good, in my opinion. Mythic raiders shouldn't need to do 3 difficulties, two is surely enough.

No; I feel like it's at a point where everyone can only be mildly content at best (unless it's your first few weeks) but nobody is having a particularly great time. Obviously there will be people that are having an absolute blast that's just what i've taken from it; There's not enough content for either side.

Know what bugs me? When they have multiple difficulties and start naming the easy ones 'normal' and 'heroic' in an attempt to make everyone feel fucking great about themselves no matter what content they do. It's even worse in Diablo, what with the first difficulty being considered 'normal' and 3 up from that being 'master' - Like fuck me, there's 10 more difficulties after that one that literally 99% of the playerbase (at 70) plays on; Apparently 99% of the playerbase are 'masters' >.<.

I'm not sure why all this ^ was relevant, I guess it's just that instead of offering actual casual content they just give you brain-dead content like apexis dailies or leveling and just tell you that you're really good for doing it, and that's annoying. It's as if their priorities are more about making everyone feel good about themselves (so that they keep playing) rather than creating engaging content that people want to come back to because it's, you know, good.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2015-09-02 at 10:30 AM.