Mystery event inc! - Start recruiting

Gaile Gray posted about half a day ago this post:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e-Recruit-Mode

As you are aware, we have a lot of new players joining Guild Wars 2 these days. But you may not know is that in addition to preparing our presentation about raids and our Play for Free initiative, and even while working towards the October 23rd release date of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, the dev team also has been working on a game event!

We’ll have more information for you about the event later this week. For now, let’s just say that there’s never been a better time to be in a guild!
    So it looks like there's some sort of new event being added prior to HoT! And we find out tomorrow! And it involves guilds!

It might just have something to do with encouraging getting new players in to guild in order to get them socially motivated to stick with the game, but I bet there's going to be guild based rewards.

The MMO-C guild recruitment thread is here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uitment-Thread

So go guild up! Guilds, cast your nets!

This also made me realize my guild leader hasn't been on in a week... ; ;
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    maybe some special guild hall decorations or summin

The Guild Wars 2 twitter posted this in relation to the event. Looks like a Mordrem invasion in some areas of Tyria proper...

Who's up for forming an official MMO-C guild?

I think there was one in the beginning wasn't there? I think I dropped it off my characters though.

I wouldn't mind joining one, but I want to be an officer :P I want to work on making a decent guildportal or enjin site
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-09-02 at 04:40 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its going to Mordrem invasions reminiscent of the old Scarlet/Aetherblade invasions. Those were fun before Anet butchered the loot from them. The screenshot looks like its in Kessex.

Deleted
    My guild constantly hovers around the 500 limit, and has a sister guild to cope with the overflow. I'd love to see some way of doing alliances between guilds for events and such.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Who's up for forming an official MMO-C guild?
    I actually wouldn't mind it. I'm not sure if we'd have enough people to keep it running, b/c they mostly fall apart. My suggestion if we do this is to have a real name and not reference MMO-C, this way you can recruit other players as well. Maybe we can start a thread to take some name suggestions, then vote on a couple of them?

I have my own guild in game, but it's just for my characters and alts. I'm not really getting any advantages out of other than the base guild bank. I would be interested in doing actual guild content and helping do the guild hall thing. Plus I have the CE hall decoration I will never use if I'm not in a real guild.

Anyways, I would be interested...but definitely think it shouldn't be limited to this forum to help it grow.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    there was an mmoc guild way back at beta/launch but died a few months in, no one representing and barely any people online. I think I'm still in it actually. twas called Delusions of Grandeur iirc
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2015-09-02 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, you can join up to 5 guilds at the same time! This can make finding a good guild fairly painless as you can have a primary guild and some secondary/side/event specific or personal guilds.

Also it's important to consider what you are looking for from a guild.

• PvE - Do they do Fractals? Dungeons? Speed runs or casual? Guild Missions? Interested in raiding? More progression oriented or more World boss trains/chest farming? Living Story? Masteries?
    • WvW - This is a server focused game mode so you would need to be on the server they are based in. Consider their standing on the leaderboards and availability to transfer to that server if so.
    • PvP - Rank or leaderboard restrictions? Participation in tournaments or events?
    • PvX - Quite a few guilds define themselves as doing a bit of everything. Consider the server if you are interested in WvW.

Another important consideration is the importance of Guild Halls in the expansion. I think its wise to consider established guilds if you are interested in this content as the investment in building and maintaining a guild hall would be a sore loss if you landed in an unstable guild.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-09-02 at 03:27 PM.
    Valar morghulis

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...em-are-coming/

Too bad it ends Sunday morning, I don't understand this logic in the slightest. If your going to have a weekend event, it should at least finish on Monday. WTH Anet!

10+ Year Old Account

Too bad it ends Sunday morning, I don't understand this logic in the slightest. If your going to have a weekend event, it should at least finish on Monday. WTH Anet!
    Thats actually a weird schedule for them since their that PVP buff that they activate during PVP tournaments even runs until midnight of Sunday PST. I would hope that there is an actually reason for it or its a typo. Doesn't make sense that it doesn't cover the entire weekend.

It starts thursday morning though. I'm guessing they are making a slightly irregular schedule for people who work weekends which is like 90% of america
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats actually a weird schedule for them since their that PVP buff that they activate during PVP tournaments even runs until midnight of Sunday PST. I would hope that there is an actually reason for it or its a typo. Doesn't make sense that it doesn't cover the entire weekend.
    They probably want a day off :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a WvW guild, another tool you can use to research for guilds is http://gw2.brutebyte.com/ .

This is an API site that only shows WvW guilds that have actually claimed a captured objective in WvW (a guild needs to level its influence through the Art of War upgrade to do this, plus be on a map that actually has objectives that are both available for and worth claiming).

There's currently 44,850 guilds listed, keep in mind that this is a cumulative number, but the site could not collect any data for ~8 months this year due to changes in the API so much data is missing and you'll only see the most recent detail.

For comparison purposes, a little over a year ago there was 15k WvW guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    As of today there is 14,974 WvW guilds. http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/
    I like using this site to get an idea of how stable a guild is on its server community, or if it likes to transfer around a lot. It can also indicate if a guild has players claiming captured objectives on other servers.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-09-04 at 07:42 AM.
    Valar morghulis