Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch Downtime, Patch 6.2.2 Hotfixes - September 1, Tweets, Flying Poll, DLC #502

Reddit Q&A Round-up

September Ranked Card Back - Exodar's Exodus

Placement & Ranking Changes, Americas Championship and Giveaways, Fails of the Week

Patch 6.2.2 Downtime
    It looks like the team has managed to speed up the patching process, with Patch 6.2.2 requiring less than 2 hours of downtime in the US and less than 1 hour in the EU!

Timewalking Rewards
    The Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking event starts tomorrow. We have already looked at the new rewards in the patch recap, but check back after it is live to find out the Timewarped Badge drop rate!

Patch 6.2.2 Hotfixes - September 1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Creatures and NPCs
    Gorgrond

Raids and Dungeons
    Hellfire Citadel
    • Gorefiend
      • Players that perish to Digest or suffer fatal damage while in Gorefiend's stomach should now be able to be seen and resurrected once their bodies have teleported back out.
    • Fel Lord Zakuun
      • The Befouled debuff should now clear immediately when Foul Explosion is triggered.
      • [Requires a realm restart] Exhausted Soul should now be correctly removed from players at the end of the encounter.
    • Archimonde
      • Archimonde's Source of Chaos ability should no longer be summoned without having a target on Mythic difficulty.
      • Raid Finder Difficulty Changes
        • Doomfire Spirits now produce Doomfire patches at a reduced rate on Raid Finder difficulty.
        • Doomfire Spirit health has been reduced by 30% on Raid Finder difficulty.
        • Archimonde's Shadowfel Burst now only knocks the primary target of the ability into the air on Raid Finder difficulty.
        • On Raid Finder difficulty, if less than 7 players enter the Twisting Nether while there are more than 7 players alive in the encounter, additional players will be pulled into the Nether based on role.
        • Shadowed Netherwalker health has been reduced by 20% on Raid Finder difficulty.
        • Infernal Doombringer no longer cast Eternal Flame and take 45 seconds to reach full energy (up from 30 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.

PvP
    General
    • Battle Fatigue should now be correctly applied to player pets in a PvP environment.
    • Players placed into the opposite faction in a Rated Battleground should now be able to receive the quest, Battle Hardened.
    • Fixed an issue where players can carry the incorrect faction flag in an Arena Skirmish.

Ashran
    • Mercenary Mode should now be correctly enabled for the faction with the longer queue times.

Items
    • Aviana's Feather should no longer incorrectly require the character to have obtained Draenor Pathfinding in order to function on Draenor.
    • Felfume Cloth Armor 4-piece set bonus for damage dealers should no longer incorrectly trigger from Polymorph.
    • Tiny Abomination in a Jar no longer incorrectly has a chance to trigger from extra Blade Flurry hits.

Bug Fixes
    • The flight path offered by Tina Kelatara to take players from Warspear Outpost back to Stormshield Hold should no longer go through a wall.
    • [Hotfix in testing] Fixed an issue where Seer Kazal could sometimes not appear correctly in the Garrisons of new level 100 characters.

Class

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Mistweaver

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Discipline
      • Divine Aegis should no longer have its damage absorption reduced by an incorrect amount through Battle Fatigue.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Racials
    Did they forget to buff Touch of the Grave? Its still doing the same amount of damage it was before the patch.
    We'll look into it. (CM_Lore)

Bugs
    what's up with bladestorm? Animation is borked since 6.2.2. Dwarf. Spins once and then stops moving at all until it's complete.
    Thanks, I'll pass it on. (CM_Lore)

PvP
    why would you nerf anything when it comes to teams that qualified already on a different state of the game? makes no sens
    As stated before, we will do what we feel is right for the game but try to accomodate timing when possible. (holinka)
    Good players adapt and overcome to shifts in a game's meta. This is the nature of esports. (holinka)

to change the game a lot after the qualifiers for regionals,all the teams are locked and vulnerable to nerfs
    I can't speak for other games. We are only concerned about doing what is best for World of Warcraft. (holinka)
    Last year there was a new patch before regional's & I believe they played on the old? #Blizzcon
    Incorrect. We stayed on Mists for Blizzcon. (holinka)
    you are mistaking Regionals for Blizzcon. 6.0 came out after regionals, before Blizzcon. (holinka)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Developer Communication
    but having something like that even once every few weeks makes a huge difference.
    I don't know that I agree. On WoW, it might make the paladins happy but then the shaman wondered when it was "their turn." (OccupyGStreet)
    I can see that issue. I'd still rather 'somebody' got a turn than nobody. My view may not be consistent with forums overall
    If you have say 20 devs engaging it may not be an issue. (OccupyGStreet)
    And I have been at two of the largest studios out there, which couldn't produce 20. But I can dream! (OccupyGStreet)

Poll - Flying Achievement
    Now that flying is here, it is time to see how many of you are ready to fly! We last looked at this a few weeks ago and it was a pretty even split.

Stats on the overall number of players that have earned the achievement are coming within the next week or so.

Overwatch Beta - Still on Track for Fall 2015
    There was some excitement recently after an email went out to contest winners about Overwatch beta, but Blizzard confirmed it isn't starting this week and is still on track for Fall 2015.

Dark Legacy Comics #502 - Worgen
    DLC #502 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-09-02 at 02:21 AM.

Flying - finally arrived. Maybe I can finish archaeology now.

1hour 50min in USA, 5 hours in EU. Seems legit.

Overwatch Beta, can't wait to get my hands on this game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    1hour 50min in USA, 5 hours in EU. Seems legit.
    Im pretty sure they gave a similar warning "JUST IN CASE". Guess we'll see in bout 1 hour if servers start popping up

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realms in EU are up o.o

I saw Priest and Monk under hotfixes and was scared they already got re-nerfed for a second there.

Somebody make a picture of the wow devs beating Archimonde with a baseball bat.

BRUTAL.

Can't stop cackling at those nerfs. I mean it doesn't bother me and I'm kind of glad for them, but wow that is crazy.

I think as long as they keep the content in patches low they'll be able to recreate these short downtimes!

Deleted

Yeah there was barely anything to apply to begin with.

Heh I made my Worgen's human form and just accepted whatever werewolf form it gave me.
    In retrospect it was probably odd of me to do it that way but it worked out pretty well.

Almost forgot I had a worgen character. Don't think I got them out of the starting zone. Mainly because my home server was messed up for a while so decided to try some on another server.

I have to laugh at those tweets it only took over 10 years to learn how to get patches done in less than a day.

I know when I do little to no work quickly I like to brag too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The server team do not make content. You people are unbelievably dense.

5 badges per boss gg

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin View Post

Yeah there was barely anything to apply to begin with.
    Bigger than 6.1 in terms of technical changes (flying/merc mode). This is extremely impressive.

Deleted
    "enjoy flying in Draenor!" You should never ever remove flying from the game in the first place. /micdrop into their face

- 5 badges / boss -> 20B/dungeon 15-20mins + 10-15mins waiting time
    - 9250 badges needed for non-gear items -> 463 dungeons minus the bonuses ~ 425

425 * 30 mins -> 213 hours -> 18 days if you play at least 12hrs / day

You need at least one year to get those if you have a life.

When people cannot buy even one item / month they just give up farm this crap, trust me.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2015-09-02 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrophius View Post
    5 badges per boss gg
    Really? How much do the mounts cost? o0

That sucks.

Edit: Just read that it's 5000 per mount so about 1000 boss kills. Like 250 dungeons :/

Also, not interested in Overwatch.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-09-02 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Really? How much do the mounts cost? o0

That sucks.

Also, not interested in Overwatch.
    They cost 5000. :/