Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Feral Druid DPS Boost

Hi all,

I'm not new to raiding or anything but I started a while back dpsing as a feral druid and I've looked around and always felt that my dps has been low for what it should be, I know most of the basic stuff, like popping incarnation and berserk together (even have a macro for it)

feel free to add tips, or anything to help me improve

Combat logs:warcraftlogs.com/reports/dAfGMWw9XV1aRZmn#type=damage-done&source=30

Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Gwyllz/simple

Just quickly glancing at your velhari kill I see your bleed uptimes are way too low, savage roar is way too low. And you didn't use a second pot. I'm guessing you aren't tracking these with a weakaura/addon?

edit: You died around the 1 minute mark, might explain the poor uptimes.
    Last edited by Blueredwolf; 2015-09-02 at 07:09 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do have an addon which is DroodFocus however I've found it to be quite small and on most fights, I'm too busy looking out for adds or making sure I'm not standing in bad, while keeping an eye for anything else that needs to be focused, since i was mainly tank beforehand going from that, since imo tanking was easy compared to other roles, not sure why its not popular

and yeah for that fight, was unlucky with the edict and got rekt, I did try using weak auras at one point, but the addon it self wasn't very user friendly, and I didn't really put time and effort into it, will have to look at it again and see how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    You stopped using weak auras because it wasn't user-friendly. And to think I was just about to suggest Raven. Better than weak auras by far, but even LESS user-friendly!

As a starting point to improve your feral gameplay I'd suggest going over to Curse and downloading Claw.
    Last edited by Will; 2015-09-03 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You stopped using weak auras because it wasn't user-friendly. And to think I was just about to suggest Raven. Better than weak auras by far, but even LESS user-friendly!
    Not user friendly? Just get Pawket's WA package (don't forget the icons) and go from there. 90% of what you need for feral is already there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Not user friendly? Just get Pawket's WA package (don't forget the icons) and go from there. 90% of what you need for feral is already there.
    Unfortunately for that, I don't use weak auras. I appreciate the input but I'm perfectly happy with Raven. I originally chose Raven because it offered the similar experience to a long-outdated addon I was using prior to that called DoTimer.

I have my timers in the forms of icons with durations adjacent to the icon. The icon changes colour to red when it hits the pandemic threshold, and flashes when it's dangerously close to expiry. The rip icon changes to a FB icon, but retains the rip timer adjacent to it when the boss hits execute range, allowing a seamless transition from Rip to FB when the boss dips below 25%.

Since the OP was the one in need of assistance, let us hope they find the package useful And I still recommend Claw as a good starting point to improve the gameplay of any struggling kitty. It's one of those 'ability suggestion' addons, but Claw is generally quite accurate and - while I don't follow it blindly - if one were to do so, they'd still be able to achieve 90th percentile on a single target fight, provided their gear is correct and they manage potions/cooldowns correctly.
    Last edited by Will; 2015-09-03 at 11:44 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmm thanks, ill check out both of them. I might be not the brightest but if i actually spent time on them ill get there!

funny enough but I've found that skada tends to put my dps up higher, although i believe its inaccurate it seems to record the damage from Soul Capacitor when its absorbing, which is really annoying when i look at my logs compared to the actual logs but i when i use recount it makes my computer freeze during bosses : /
    Last edited by DorfDruid; 2015-09-04 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dorf, the latest versions of Skada no longer double-dip into absorbs, so no more artificially-inflated numbers.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cool ill have to update that