Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

Timewarped Badges, well they got us good I guess.

When the timewarped Mounts were first announced for 50.000 badges with each boss dropping 125 making it average 575~ for Wotlk Dungeons people were furious as it would mean around 400 boss kills for the mounts alone respectively, not counting the pets or toys at all. When they subsequentially lowered the ammount to 5000 a lot of people were relieved to get their "It's just PTR, it's not final." finger wagging moment.

Except being the sneaky people they are, they also dropped the badges from 125 to 5 per boss with 10 for the final. So a full run of Utgarde Pinnacle just netted me 35 Timewarped badges. Which means I only have to run Utgarde Pinnacle 142,85 times for the mount! Not including the toys. Compared to the 86,5~ Dungeons I would've needed for the 50.000 at 575 average item level!

On a side note. It's funny how the heroic requirement used to be 180 item level but we're scaled down to 180, making us actually undergeared for those dungeons and weaker than a Wotlk group freshly 80 doing these was back in the day. Oh the fun!
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2015-09-02 at 04:13 AM.

Those rascals! They got us again!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Did you do the quest that drops from the final boss? It gets you 500 badges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Those rascals! They got us again!
    Well in this case they really did, I mean they made it look like they winded down the ammount when they increased the runs to nearly twice as much and that's for the mount only.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoitachi View Post
    Seems to be a one time thing, so basically you can deduce around 10~ dungeons. Which while it might seem like a lot, it really isn't. The mount alone will be in the 130+ dungeon run range at an ilevel too low to get in there back then, ignoring the two toys for 2k and 1,5k respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoitachi View Post
    Is it one time per instance per event? I haven't done any timewalking yet so I'm just curious. Thanks!
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to stick to formula. Are we talking all the mounts or 1 mount? And if you're talking both of the mounts(there are only 2 I'm aware of) then in the first paragraph you say it'll take 400 runs for both but 86.5 for one in the second. Does that mean the other one would have taken 313.5 runs? Mind you I'm pretty fucked up right now...
    Eh, sry that was 400 boss kills or something, not dungeons. I'ma fix it. And it was ONE mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    When the timewarped Mounts were first announced for 50.000 badges with each boss dropping 125 making it average 575~ for Wotlk Dungeons people were furious as it would mean around 400 dungeons for the mounts alone, not counting the pets or toys at all. When they subsequentially lowered the ammount to 5000 a lot of people were relieved to get their "It's just PTR, it's not final." finger wagging moment.

Except being the sneaky people they are, they also dropped the badges from 125 to 5 per boss with 10 for the final. So a full run of Utgarde Pinnacle just netted me 35 Timewarped badges. Which means I only have to run Utgarde Pinnacle 142,85 times for the mount! Not including the toys. Compared to the 86,5~ Dungeons I would've needed for the 50.000 at 575 average item level!

On a side note. It's funny how the heroic requirement used to be 180 item level but we're scaled down to 180, making us actually undergeared for those dungeons and weaker than a Wotlk group freshly 80 doing these was back in the day. Oh the fun!
    lol

this is so funny, I hope no one actually farms these badges

why is blizzard so stupid as of late?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats terrible. Id be willing to run maybe 40 dungeons for the mount. Anymore is way too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it show the drop rate of badges? Technically we can't know until tomorrow when Timewalking starts up.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Where does it show the drop rate of badges? Technically we can't know until tomorrow when Timewalking starts up.
    It has already started.

Deleted
    > implying anyone gives a damn about my achievement points or the number of mounts.

I stopped caring about the completism of achievements by the end of cata, when I realized nobody cared, and those that did was mainly to loathe them. I now only do achievements that I find interesting (e.g. an important boss) or with interesting rewards (e.g. flying).

It's also obvious the game keeps spamming new achievements and new mounts every single patch making it futile on top of nobody caring about it but the player himself.

Deleted
    It's guaranteed rewards. A .1% drop rate mount takes something like 451 kills of a single boss to get to a 99% chance of seeing it drop. You'll kill many different bosses to reach around that many kills for a 100% chance at the mount. So in the immortal words of JT... Cry me a river.
    I'm not too fond of 0.1% drops either. How many of them are there actually?

Either way, what they did with this timewalking event is extreme. It's way too much, no doubt. I did like 5 runs before I was bored.

It's a 100% that you'll get the mount, yes... after a shit ton of grinding and time invested.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 12:15AM on the East coast.
    Im confused still, since it doesn't start until 1:00am.. Unless it starts at different times for different time zones.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    The only achievements people tend to raise their eyebrows at are current ones that are difficult. Since most of the achievements aren't that people don't really care. They mean you either got lucky or spent a ton of time working on a single thing. Or Blizz was giving out free achievements because they feel like maybe that is reward enough to keep people playing. I mean, it works for Halo after all...

Well obviously the main reason of their existence is monthly fees. It reminds of the legendary questlines lately that are purely welfare since they require approximately no skill. Those two constitute clearly the two worst features of the game to me.

They are great features when they require skill. But most Achievements don't. And the latest two legendaries don't (especially the very latest).

Deleted
    It wouldn't be so bad if only this WASN'T A FUCKING ONCE IN 2 MONTHS EVENT!!!!!

With a long grinds like that I usually pace myself leisurely and work towards the reward slowly but surely. But when I only can do that for 5 days out of 60, I'm looking at months or even years of running TW dungeons. If I wanted to have this mount within 6 months for example, I would need to do 30-40 fucking dungeons per each bonus weekend!!! Which means that i'd be doing almost nothing but timewalking dungeons when that event is up, and this is extremely burnout inducing.

I hope this gets hotfixed asap. You just can't expect people to run this crap 140 times when it's only up for a few days in 2 month period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if only this WASN'T A FUCKING ONCE IN 2 MONTHS EVENT!!!!!

With a long grinds like that I usually pace myself leisurely and work towards the reward slowly but surely. But when I only can do that for 5 days out of 60, I'm looking at months or even years of running TW dungeons. If I wanted to have this mount within 6 months for example, I would need to do 30-40 fucking dungeons per each bonus weekend!!! Which means that i'd be doing almost nothing but timewalking dungeons when that event is up, and this is extremely burnout inducing.

I hope this gets hotfixed asap. You just can't expect people to run this crap 140 times when it's only up for a few days in 2 month period.
    Even then it would be terrible. I mean really, how long can a person grind this shit before he goes insane? This is worse than the Saberstalker claws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Im confused still, since it doesn't start until 1:00am.. Unless it starts at different times for different time zones.
    It's live on EU and worse than expected.

Guess what, you've got plenty of time to get them. I doubt they'll be adding tons more mount rewards to timewalking any time soon. Especially since some of the dungeons actually have mounts as rewards for people who are lazy and haven't gotten them yet(not me).
    No you don't. Seeing how you need to cram in 142 runs into 5 days that's around 30 runs a day. Take or give 20 minutes per run, go figure. And the only dungeon of these that drops a mount is Utgarde Pinnacle.

So? I killed Baron in Strath OVER 400 times(just him mind you) to get his mount. At least you KNOW you'll get one after 400 boss kills. Which is less than 150 runs.
    That's great and has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. I killed the drake in Stonecore around 2k times before mine dropped. Killing some old dungeon solo 5-10 times a hour isn't anywhere near as much work even if you have to repeat it alot.

7+ Year Old Account
    How the hell are people running timewalkers already? i play on a Us realm and i dont see them up yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    How the hell are people running timewalkers already? i play on a Us realm and i dont see them up yet
    They're up on EU and absolutely not worth doing. You'll need around 142 completed dungeons for one of the mounts alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the content were perpetually available it wouldn't be too big of an issue imo.

The fact that it's a timed event that you only get access too during specific weekends is fuckedous.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥