New Build 1k to 1.3k range

So I just wanted to get some help as I will be building a computer right before Christmas and wanted to get help with a build. Here are the basics.

Budget: $1,000 to $1,300
    Resolution: 1080p
    Games / Settings: Ultra with at least 60 fps on new demanding games.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I do school work on word and the occasional PowerPoint so I don't need it to make movies
    Parts that can be reused: Monitor
    Do you need an OS?: Yes (Windows 10)
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? I need a Keyboard only have a mouse and the monitor I has has speakers.

Extra: If possible Id also like to have the ability to OC and SLI at a later time to squeeze more out of my processor so a MoBo that is easy to OC would be great because I have never done it before. Also Id like an SSD for the faster boot times if allowed. Thank you for you time

Deleted
    Try this build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.75 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.50 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.10 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.75 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Logitech G105 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1240.94
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-02 07:15 EDT-0400

You can change the GPU to a GTX970 if you wish, which should be prefect for your needs.

Thank you for the help. I had some questions so though. Why R9 over gtx 970?

Also, is air cooling suffecient for an overclock?

Lastly is it east to OC with the asus mobos? I saw online the MSI boards have a button that does the work is this the same for ASUS? I am pretty new to computers so I am reading ever night trying to learn about hardware.

Deleted
    1) The GPU is down to personal preference but IMO, for the next couple of years, the R9-390 is slightly more geared for DX12 than the GTX970;
    2) That cooler is one of the best budget coolers on the market, and given the lower thermal draw from the CPU, should be fine for a 4.2-4.4GHz oiverclock, depending on the silicon lottery;
    3) The one-touch overclocking mechanisms tend to overvolt the CPU, leading to excess heat generation. You should be looking into the UEFI and looking at being able to overclock (it's usually something like Holding F8 on the motherboard posting. Trial and error will get you to where you want to be, but you'll want to torture-test the CPU at that clock for stability using Prime95.

Deleted
    As another option, if you go Haswell refresh, you can fit an i7 and even have some leftovers for a pair of speakers.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($327.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($121.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($303.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.75 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Logitech G105 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1276.13
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-09 07:19 EDT-0400

Deleted
    I don't think I was lucky with the lottery, my core #1 falls over way before the others and the CPU appears to have a low VID map, but I'm utterly stable at 4.62ghz (132blck x 35 multi) with a noctua d14 with high mounting pressure. I'm using a manual OC of 1.355v with an LLC of 5, and Prime95 has me hitting 58c over ambient(which is too high really). Normal stress tests such as Aida64 and x264 stability test hit 35 - 40c over ambient.

As has been mentioned already, it's best not to Auto OC as they are prone to give more v than required. Turbo also introduces a really aggressive VID map (offset based on multiplier over stock) and the two together result in the CPU package being quite happy pulling 140w, this can't be cooled on air unless you delid the CPU and replace the TIM between the core and IHS, and probably shouldn't be pulled consistently anyway. When I have a bit more time I'll look to increase my blck so that multi is under 30 and the turbo won't kick in at all (or can disable it rather).

Much like the non-e haswells, delidding and using something like Gelid Extreme drops temps by around 10 -11c if the cooling is adequate.

I paid a £10 premium for z170/skylake/ddr4 over what a z97 package would cost me. z170 is a no brainer for that, more than anything it's the chipset and functionality which makes this route worthwhile currently.

I went for 6600k/Asus pro-gamer/ripjaws4/sm951. the rest pre-existed.

I see people bitching about mb brands, I use asus because they have always provided a really stable OC for me. So much of mb loyalty is about experience and my experience of asus boards has been good and of gigabyte boards just average. This is very probably tainted by dealings with a couple of friends with Gigabyte boards and poor everything else. Truth of the matter is there's not a lot in it amongst the top 3, but for the extra $20 I'm happy to indulge one of my rare prejudices.

ed - re-reading the brief I'd disregard a z97 platform wholeheartedly, no offence meant Kostattoo, I understand you are throwing him options. The brief is of someone who doesn't need multi-threading, but does need pci-e bandwidth and this is totally i5 and z170 territory.
    Last edited by mmoc2991fac950; 2015-09-10 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    No offense taken. As you said and i mentioned this is another option. For a few bucks more tho, within the budget, you can get an i7 that you don't really need to overclock further at this moment. You can still do it in the future if op needs/want to. Many ppl don't want to get into the manual overclocking for various reasons. This somewhat solves this while it give you the extra threads. Again its another option