Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I got wrecked in WSG (vanilla, same premade vs premade so many times every day) by a shadow priest on my hunter.... So I rerolled priest but ended up hating shadow.. went some trispec optimized for WSG and helped our team grind 4 people to rank14 (myself only reached 12 due to having a job and 10h play/day wasnt enough to rank14).

After that we started getting wrecked again due to opponents cleared BWL and started Naxx (my team only focused on PVP), so we had to bite the bullet and start raiding to be competitive in PVP! .. and since then it's been a holy or disc priest for me (except Wrath when pally tanking).. eventually stopped raiding in late Cata and never picked that up since.

Now I'm unsubbed since ages and waiting for Blizzard to do their magic on the disc-priest, making me wanna come back and have FUN again. If not.. yeah there's always Diablo 3!

Spirit of Redemption. So I can heal when I'm dead in dungeons or raids. Began WoW on retail servers during ICC (I was on private servers since Ulduar patch IIRC). Created a druid, then a paladin and a couple of weeks after Cataclysm hit, I created this priest and never leveled any other toon again. Sure I bought a couple of L90 boosts but didn't even played more than an hour on them.

I really enjoyed Holy playstyle both in PvE and PvP back then (still enjoy but I need a shadow spec and Disc does better than Holy). I loved the sets and my toon so I sticked on my Priest. Even now, I still really enjoy both the game and the class even if it has its flaws. The day the Priest class (I regularly play the three specs and I enjoy them all) will be broken will be the day I quit WoW (well, I could quit playing for another reasons, too) - I won't bother make another toon.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2015-09-29 at 09:40 AM.

I never stagged away from being a Holy priest as a main spec Fuck, as a n00b I leveled from 1 to 60 in Holy...... most in dungs tho.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mnia View Post
    I never stagged away from being a Holy priest as a main spec Fuck, as a n00b I leveled from 1 to 60 in Holy...... most in dungs tho.
    I've done every single quest in the game as holy.
    That's kinda my thing in the game, I think.

It went slow. Sometimes really really slow. I remember some endgame mobs in TBC taking more than 50 smites to kill. But; I was rather unkillable while doing so, so I guess it evens out.

Best time to be holy? TBC. I would run up to any 3-man quest mob and smite them to death, solo. No sweat, didn't even get hurt much by doing so because my heals were so potent and plentiful. It went reasonably fast to kill them mobs as well since smite was relatively powerful at that point (I think I could kill a quest mob in 6 smites, which still is some sort of golden age legend). I had some similar experience during a silly high respawn rate period in what I believe was early levelling MoP, where mobs just kept on coming. People around me just never got a break, and none uf us had less than 7 mobs on our backs at any given time. They all died. I didn't. That felt good.

Worst time to be holy? Cataclysm Twilight Highlands. Smite cost so much mana that you literally couldn't smite them to death before running OOM. And I was forced to stick to questing because of the "holypriest! kick it!" mantra that was going on at the time. It was a horrible time. I remember complaining about it. Vocally.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first toon, back in mid-2005, was a tauren Shaman, in a PVE server. I leveled him to 60, and then when I went back to college after the holidays, a classmate and friend of mine told me he was raiding in a high-level guild, and recommended I level a toon in the new server he and his friends were going to (Smolderthorn-US).

There, I began with a troll mage, got up to the mid-20's, when he suggested I roll a healer, because they were always in high demand. Being a tabletop RPG player, like others have mentioned before, I liked playing clerics or their equivalents, which led me to the priest. I wanted to check out the EK as a starting zone so I rolled a female undead priestess ('cause you got extra stuff back then if they thought you were a girl, sexist, although it wasn't my original intent, and it later led to untold amount of jokes...). I leveled as holy until 60, grinding, questing and doing dungeons. When I got to 60, I started raiding with some of my friends who had joined up as well, and I managed to start collecting my T1 and the Benediction. To this day, I still owe that guild DKP for my T2 Onyxia helmet. After that, my friends and I headed to another guild, then came back like a month or two later after it fell apart.

Then BC hit, and I went my separate way and joined another guild, where I became an officer in short order, and eventually was elected GM. I played holy throughout BC, with some forays into shadow during Tempest Keep & Serpent Shine Caverns, and later during the final push in Sunwell Plateau, for fights such as M'uru (where you needed extra mana batteries).

Then came WotLK, and I switched to discipline as my main spec, since there already were a couple of holy priests in my 25 man, who were useless as anything but holy. So I also dabbled in shadow during that time, but my main focus was discipline, all the way to Icecrown Citadel.

Later on in Cataclysm I reverted to a dual healer (disc/holy) in the beginning. I also changed my race to male tauren, because I really like the race, and I liked calling my priest a holy cow hahaha . I later dropped holy in favor of shadow, for those occasions in which more dps was needed. This especially took place in Firelands in our 10-man group, in which we had a very strong holy priest in the group, and I got to fly on Alysrazor, which wasn't bad at all . Later on, in Dragon Soul, my group kind of disbanded, and I took up with another 10-man, in which the over-abundance of Conqueror and Protector-wielding classes led me to reroll to my frost DK, which I geared very quickly (got him from iLevel 375-ish to 400 in the most magical 2 weeks of my WoW raiding history). I still dabbled in DS with my priest when friends needed help for clearing normal, but my DK was the one that I used for Heroic progress.

Then in Pandaria, I returned to my priest, leveling as Discipline, and raiding throughout all the tiers as a hybrid discipline-shadow player (depending on group needs). However, in Siege of Orgrimmar, after stalling in our Heroic push (got to 6/14 before the revamp), I joined a couple of friends in "pseudo-pugging" a mythic SoO, where we managed to finally bash Garrosh's skull in during the Stormwind phase.

Last but not least, I began Warlords of Draenor questing as discipline, and stuck to the same mode of play as before, switching between healing and dps'ing according to the group's needs.

In short, even though I've played with several other characters, I love my priest because of the versatility that they bring, the perennial jack-of-all-trades caster.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    I wanted a meaningful role, and my ability as Holy meant that I was a valued player in Gruul and Karazhan runs, all the way up until a certain point in ICC progression when suddenly Super Mario tactics were King, and Blizz messed around with healer gameplay.

Honestly... it's been all downhill from there.

Currently, I'm shadow because I'm a shadow of my former in-game self. Just dps some quests and call it a night. It's just a game

Deleted
    I started in Wotlk and made a Shaman that i played PVP on, Hydra caught my eyes early so my first ALT became a Priest and became my main soon after!

Priests are the most unique class in the game - we're the only class with two healing specs and one DPS spec. We are extremely versatile (the only DPS to have a major healing CD in VE), we just absolutely suck at DPS in the first 65% of any boss.

Shadow used to be insane during TBC/WoTLK - I didn't playing during cata because of the way things changed so drastically it felt like a different game. I came back for WoD and Spriests feel extremely weak - even with buffs. No matter how hard to hit my buttons I still don't do nearly as much damage as a Mage, or a Hunter or a warlock...I do however, SHIT on rogues...which is pretty sad cause that's my favorite other class

Deleted
    Elemental shaman was made so awful to play in WoD that I decided to play priest. I only play casters as mains and ones that I enjoy so I won't play a mage or warlock due to the fact that usually 1 spec is OP (arcane) and being forced to play a spec I don't enjoy anyway just ruins a lot of class options for me.

I also like the option of going healer so at this point, per expansion, its a choice of either druid, priest or shaman. I try all 3 out in every expansion pre-patch and see which one I like most. I'm not the kind of player that will commit to a single class forever.

Deleted
    While there are too many things to list that I LOVE about the priest class that compares to no other, early in my WoW gaming career I was experimenting with different classes. A friend of mine told me, "You're kind of clever and a supportive sort of person, you should be a healer - A PRIEST, it would suit you. Everyone loves a good priest too so you'll be very in demand if you get good." That kind of set me off, but I wanted to experiment with all the classes that could heal first - I even had two priests on the go so I could try out both discipline and holy. At this time I was still on a trial account unable to go past level 20. I was still positively clueless about most things in WoW, but I did look up the "big CDs" of each healing class cause I thought they sounded really awesome, and watched some online videos of them.

While what my friend said had enticed me enough, one night I had a dream where I was standing in the middle of a huge medieval battlefield. Around me, my allies lay on the ground or very almost there, bleeding and beaten. A new wave of enemies was incoming and without my allies assistance I would be sure to die. I realised in that moment, standing there in my flowing white silk robes that I was a priest, and I had mere moments to do something desperate and epic to turn the tide of the conflict. I realised I had a staff in my hand - long polished white wood, with a metal sculpted set of gold and silver wings affixed on top. In that moment I slammed my staff into the bloodspattered earth and cried out, "Light, aid me in this desperate hour!" Then the sound effect of divine hymn played as countless orbs of golden light flew from my staff and outstretched palm in waves towards my allies bringing them from the brink of death and miraculously healing their injuries and wounds.

I woke up in the morning and said to myself. "Hell yeah, I'm playing a priest."
    Last edited by mmoc292e38101c; 2015-10-02 at 09:26 PM.

Holy Priest was my first toon in vanilla WoW. I just loved to heal MC -> Naxx, but that ended during TBC. Warlock Pew pew won me over.
    Playing Priest in Ragnarok Online had a huge impact in playing priest in WoW.

First time I saw someone all purple and see-through, I was like WHAT IS THAT!?!?

A priest? I didn't know it could do that, I want to do that!

That plus dots without pets

Years after first sampling wow on shitty WotLK private servers, I started on proper retail wow in late 5.3 MoP and a priest was the obvious first choice, as it was one of the classes I had played before. Then I discovered that shadow had these new stupid combo points things and I was pretty bad at it, but I also discovered that healing queue times were way quicker and so I delved into healing and raiding and this really cool spec that could do damage to heal.

And I discovered I was kind of okay at disc. And I joined a guild.
    And then it turned out I was was good at disc. And I became a Core Raider.
    And then it became apparent I was very good at disc. And I became the healing leader.
    And then I was getting top 200 SoO Hc 25m ranks as disc.
    And somewhere along the line I really started to enjoy the flavour of Priests, the righteous, healing and protecting nature of the Light, the menacing power of shadow and the void. I liked it, and so I made alts with similar flavours - A paladin and an Unholy DK

And then WoD happened.
    And I discovered I didn't like PWS spam.
    Now I raid as a monk.

But I still feel like Disc Priest is my main, and always will be. I'm really hoping they get Disc right in Legion, and I'm hoping priests get some time in the lore spotlight with Anduin. If the playstyle is anything better than PWS spam I think I'll stick at it no matter how viable it is.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

First character I play in every game is priest now since a game called Ragnarok. So priest in WoW was bound to happen as soon as it was released.

I created a priest for my sister to try the game out back in BC, she got kinda bored. My hunter couldn't get in any heroics, so I started leveling the priest as I heard healers always get invited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Melting faces.

This dates back to vanilla when I was leveling my first toon (rogue). I was in group doing quests in stormgarde keep, when some alliance chars came to gank me and 2 more players (shaman and mage were my party members). Then, they relogged on their mains. One of them was undead female shadowpriest named "Blindfaith".

They stomped these guys so freaking hard that I instantly fell in love with him dotting things and fearing them.

After I've gotten to level 60, I immediately started new char, undead priest named Demetrion (named after Scarlet Oracle Demetria). I kept it over the years as my nr1 alt char to screw around with. Then WotLK came and dot scaling with haste. My guild needed ranged DPS for ICC progress (we had 5 rogues, and I needed a change).

I rerolled, and never rolled back.

"Shadow Word: Dance" made me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I started off playing a NE balance druid and raided MC with her. I got sick & tired of missing out on raids or being asked to heal because we had healers that were in high school who couldn't play for various reasons (grounded, school work, parent agro, dances, etc) so I deleted her and rerolled an UD shadow priest on another server. The whole idea of being a dps caster who could heal him/herself/others when needed struck me as an awesome idea. I am currently disc and would love to get back to playing shadow but the class has gone through too many changes for me to perform well (I miss the whole dot centered aspect of the class). I'm hoping that Legion will bring back the dots for the class and I go back to dpsing.