Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's mind boggling. The only advantage a controller has is the 360 degree stick which the keyboard can't simulate perfectly since you use arrow keys/WASD.

And the difference is only felt when you play FIFA, where dribbling takes a certain finesse and the precise direction control of the stick comes into play.

But FPS, RPGs, combat games? What's the advantage? At least on keyboard you can aim better and keybind everything.
    It honestly depends on the game. Third person games especially where you need full 360 degree movement do not work well with keyboard/mouse which only give you 8 directions at a time.

Other games like MMO's where you need a ton of keybinds on the other hand don't tend to work well with controllers at all.

Anyone who states either are better simply live in denial or play a specific genre of games. It really comes down to preference.

Would be like saying FPS games are better than RPGs. It is all subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Yes. And they're wrong.

Don't be an idiot, each input device is objectively better for certain types of games. Very few are in the "gray area" where we can argue over whose personal preference is better.
    No. Preferences can not be wrong. Sorry.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMORPG, FPS, TPS, RPG, Point and Click, RTS, City Builder, Sport Sim: i found mouse/keyboard superior
    Sport game, fighting game (like street fighter), beat'em up (double dragon), 2D Shoot'em up, 2D plateformer : i prefer to use a game controller
    For racing game: Either wheel or game controller
    For Space/flight sim: i prefer a real joystick
    For 3D action game (batman, assassin's creed, tomb raider): i personally prefer a gamer mouse (with a few side buttons) but game controller works well too.

There are other controller type like motion sensor, dancing pad, or touchscreen, but i am not much into the type of game that goes with.

I own multiple type of controller for PC (even a guitar for guitar hero), but given the type of game i'm interested in, i play mostly with a mouse, a gamer mouse. That is the power of the PC really, to give choice of the controller, to customize your experience.

i would totally play more console if the game on console would let me use a mouse (thinking games like uncharted or halo)
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2015-09-04 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No. Preferences can not be wrong. Sorry.
    Their "preferences" aren't wrong. Their delivery of the message is wrong; they shouldn't say that a controller is better than a keyboard and mouse. They should say they prefer a controller over a keyboard and mouse.

People can have some really stupid preferences. That's their prerogative.