Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    The bad cyclists shouldn't be allowed on bikes in the first place in public. I almost hit an old guy on a bike when I crossed across a roundabout yesterday arvo. He literally did not stop to look before crossing.
    Aye. You get them. I hate bad vehicle users regardless of what they're using. They're all a blight.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If you're threatening to run over people with your car, then self-defense applies and you should be happy they didn't smash your skull in.

Same applies to people who are trying to drive through protests. Activists are being told to bring hammers with them nowadays to stop irresponsible drivers.

If someone brings a hammer and starts hammering at my car; I am fucking flooring it AND then ill press charges for vandalism for whoever got injured.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2015-09-02 at 04:11 PM.

I want them to stop with the go green bike crap, ban bikes from all roads.

They're lucky I wasn't the one driving. Ride into oncoming traffic and intentionally block my car....you're getting run over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking hate cyclists in cities from the bottom of my heart. It doesn't matter if you're on foot or in a car, at some point a cyclist is bound to either run into you or try to squeeze into a spot which clearly is too small for the bike and then proceed to yell at you for "being in the way".

I'd seriously have run over the bike if anyone tried that shit on me.

hmmm, run em over and swear you saw them pull a gun and felt you had to flee for your life.

If you're threatening to run over people with your car, then self-defense applies and you should be happy they didn't smash your skull in.

Same applies to people who are trying to drive through protests. Activists are being told to bring hammers with them nowadays to stop irresponsible drivers.
    how was the car threatening, they rode in front of it into on coming traffic and what the fuck where they protesting?

Sorry but that's not how the law works. If you intentionally cause someone to rear end you by coordinating with a second driver YOU are the one breaking the law and at fault.

Riding into oncoming traffic means YOU are the one causing threats of harm. A car hitting a bicycle isn't 100% safe for the driver of the car. You're threatening the driver first therefore it is self defense for the driver to run your dumb ass over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted

What are you supposed to do when a cyclist stands in your way and refuses to move before you even started threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...901-story.html

Im sorry that driver didnt do a god damn thing wrong, Those fucking hippy bicyclists do that shit to bait people into that exact situation, there is no reason for them to be in the road, blocking traffic, going the wrong way, They deserved to be run over by her for that shit.
    And I quote the exact source article for the OP: seen on video attacking a car and trying to trap a driver who bumped one of their bikes.

I.e. the driver committed vehicular assault, with impunity. Should the cyclists be thrown in jail? absolutely. But drivers that go around hitting cyclists should be thrown in the same damn place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What are you supposed to do when a cyclist stands in your way and refuses to move before you even started threatening.
    You stop your car, and whip out your cell phone and call the police, put them on speaker phone. Then also switch to your camera while you are on the phone, and record the incident.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Also, I'm speaking from the perspective that I think those critical mass guys are assholes that need to be bleached from the gene pool, since they give cycling a bad name.

Not what the person in the OP's video did at least, which is agitating and escalating the situation. That is just what... dumbasses would do.

On the other side I also don't know what the bikers were doing, but at the later part of the video the car was clearly threatening to continue driving, over or against someone if they had to, or seemed to give that intent, at that point it's self-defense for the bikers and they were allowed to do whatever. At least I'm quite convinced that would be a strong and sturdy defense in court, despite some people claiming that's not how law works during the same uneducated line of: "I'll ride them over."
    The driver should have just called the police. I mean the cyclists were riding down the wrong side of the road. There's clear negligence going on on the cyclists's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And I quote the exact source article for the OP: seen on video attacking a car and trying to trap a driver who bumped one of their bikes.

I.e. the driver committed vehicular assault, with impunity. Should the cyclists be thrown in jail? absolutely. But drivers that go around hitting cyclists should be thrown in the same damn place.
    the car was stationary tho and the biker just pushed his bike into it how are you supposed to avoid that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, the bikers were being asses too. But that's not a legit reason to hit the pedal to the metal and mow them down either, like some people in this thread like to claim.
    I didn't really see any drivers doing that though. He drove away pretty slowly, lol.

Deleted

Ah yes, illegally blocking the road is fine, if people try and stop you, kill them.

Logic at it's finest from our local nutjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    the car was stationary tho and the biker just pushed his bike into it how are you supposed to avoid that?
    By calling the police. By doing anything but deliberately taking a run at somebody or their property: Because that's vehicular assault. These critical mass guys are known for riding like a bunch of pricks, and starting brawls with police. The driver had everything going in his favor. He should have just called 911. Because by taking a run at the guy he pretty much threw anything going in his favor out the window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I didn't really see any drivers doing that though. He drove away pretty slowly, lol.
    If you watch through to the end of the video the incident is shown from another angle.

Deleted
    By calling the police. By doing anything but deliberately taking a run at somebody or their property: Because that's vehicular assault. These critical mass guys are known for riding like a bunch of pricks, and starting brawls with police. The driver had everything going in his favor. He should have just called 911. Because by taking a run at the guy he pretty much threw anything going in his favor out the window.
    Actually, it wouldn't be vehicular assault because they are illegally blocking the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Battleguard View Post
    Ah yes, illegally blocking the road is fine, if people try and stop you, kill them.

Logic at it's finest from our local nutjob.
    What are you to do when you are first blocked, then surrounded, and being verbally threatened? Hope they don't break the window and drag you out of the car and beat you in the middle of the street? If you are surrounded and being threatened, your only option is to escape the scene.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If you watch through to the end of the video the incident is shown from another angle.
    I did, he drove off pretty slowly. Didn't look like he floored it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Battleguard View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't be vehicular assault because they are illegally blocking the road.
    lolwut? That's completely false. It's still vehicular assault, but deliberately blocking somebodies path is also assault. So like I said, the circumstances were in the drivers favor until that last part where he reacted the way they wanted him to react.