Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Not completely sure if this is what you're referring to but the quest For Posterity had a different text before the 4.3 modification:
    I am fairly certain it was her flavor text, once you had finished the quests with her, how sad she was that after the gurubashi fell under the sway of hakkar, leaving them in ruins and the drakkari following in the amani footsteps and abused the loa and doomed themselves in the process.

I could be wrong though it has been several years after all.

Another interesting development would have been Sylvanas learning about and interacting with Bwonsamdi, seeing him as her ticket out of the void, starting to serve him and as a result truly respecting vol'jin as warchief.

Thus opening Loa worship to other races.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-09-25 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Since we spoke so much of trolls, I wonder if elune had a hand in their creation, would explain quite a few things.
    Like what? Personally I don't think Loony (xD) was involved in it I believe Well was enough to alter the looks. But then again the Cenarious and dryads remain and that is hard to answer.
    Well, sealed doesn't have to mean against the will of the Loa.
    That was my point aswell, We didn't had any prood that the primal gods suffered, while the Naaru belves used died (or at least turned to void), and only known Loas that actually were defiled were the Drakkari ones, plus Hakkar in reneved ZG instance was being enslaved. But the rest of the Pantheon Loa willingly gave thier powers to thier champions.

That does sound plausible. Though I also like Lokann's theory about earth giants afflicted by Curse of Flesh. Their jaws and generally bulky bodies remind me of Ogres. Which are a distant offshoot of Draenor's elemental giants.
    I just don't see how would that work. I mean the drogbar are a result of troll and goblin mixing.
    That would be something incredibly disturbing becuase :
    1- trolls don't breed with non-trolls they're too racist and sooner they'd kill the person they'd fear that carries a half-breed.
    2- they're physically not compatibile, that's like mixing Tauren with gnome...
    3- Trolls wouldn't allow half-breeds to spread around. They see them as abomination and they'd kill it on sight.

So while not entierly impossible, it would be heavily against the very basic description of a race :/

And after taking a glance at them again they're just too different looking specie, not when it comes to physical appearance, but also the way they're dressing, the overal theme. So I'm kinda hoping they're separate race on thier own just like goblins are.
    If not ... that's gonna be the weirdest spin-off among trolls. And the most disturbing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Excatly. I mean, they have plenty in common, the looks for example! If I keep watching an High Elf and Amani for long I can't really distinguish the two.
    Not sure if you're sarcastic here or not. Becuase unlike Helves Amani did tried to take back thier lands, they didn't gave up on them.

Another interesting development would have been Sylvanas learning about and interacting with Bwonsamdi, seeing him as her ticket out of the void, starting to serve him and as a result truly respecting vol'jin as warchief.

I hope it never happens. Besides Samedi disapproves when people are escaping death. What is dead should remain dead, this is how Samedi rules.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-09-25 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    2- they're physically not compatibile, that's like mixing Tauren with gnome...
    Cheers, I didn't really need to sleep tonight anyhow. *Shudders*

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

It could be an interesting possibility (besides the specific case) and likely drawing a further similarity with Elune, since has been strongly suggested that she can be potentially worshiped by other people besides the Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Not sure if you're sarcastic here or not. Becuase unlike Helves Amani did tried to take back thier lands, they didn't gave up on them.
    Not really sarcastic as just joking, unless you don't honestly believe that Forest Trolls and Thalassian Elves have physical looks as most prominent similarity lol

But if you want me to address this seriously (even though I don't think the subject was raised with a serious intent to begin with) we could just say they have indeed similarities and they have indeed differences, they're both prideful and stubborn (like the Gurubashi tribe is, the major tribes of any troll kind always tend to be the most proud and nostalgic of the lost glorious times, the lesser tribes aren't that obsessed and often prefer to simply care about their own) even though the High Elf pride looks far more petty, and this speaks a lot since the Amani pride is petty as well to an extent, but indeed the unwillingness to give up lands you consider yours and wants to validate that legitimacy by never giving up to take them back and drive away the invading "heathens" who stole them eons ago still holds a degree of respect compared to the unwillingness to suck mana from some vermin because it breaks some hollow tradition that lost any significance in a time your people needs any mean necessary to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Cheers, I didn't really need to sleep tonight anyhow. *Shudders*
    This game clearly needs more TaurenXGnome ERP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Getting off the the now annoying subjects of trolls and night elves

Why can't the titans be considered gods? They are a a group/pantheon of beings with almost inconceivable power that watch over the universe and can reshape or destroy entire world and even create new life, whether from flesh or from pure stone, or make new beings from existing life, and some races even worship them as gods and/or worship their creations like the watchers. So how come they are labeled as not being gods? Is it because they have physical bodies? Is it because they can be killed? I guess it comes down to what are the parameters that one has to meet to be considered a deity. Is there like a check-list of things you need to have all marked off before you can be considered a god?

Also makes me think, before the humans introduced them to the "church of the holy light" waaaay back, did dwarves worship the titans/their creations like the Vrykul did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    So how come they are labeled as not being gods? Is it because they have physical bodies? Is it because they can be killed? I guess it comes down to what are the parameters that one has to meet to be considered a deity. Is there like a check-list of things you need to have all marked off before you can be considered a god?
    It's simply a matter of Blizzard saying they're not gods.

IMO, it's the methods they use. They aren't mystical figures with strange powers. They are engineers using math and science to harness the energies of the universe. Anyone with sufficient understanding and insight would be able to do what the titans do. And we already see a little of this when various people learn to use titan machines and facilities.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-09-25 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's simply a matter of Blizzard saying they're not gods.

IMO, it's the methods they use. They aren't mystical figures with strange powers. They are engineers using math and science to harness the energies of the universe. Anyone with sufficient understanding and insight would be able to do what the titans do. And we already see a little of this when various people learn to use titan machines and facilities.
    Speaking of which, I don't think Sargeras had any special power pre-corruption besides being a massively huge being and a powerful warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.