Poll: S.E.L.F.I.E.S.O.N.F.L.E.E.K?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with selfies isn't really their inclusion in World of Warcraft (or any game), more the cultural impact they're having in real life. I find it extraordinarily strange that people are entertained by photographing themselves in the most mundane of locales, and then posting them on social media assuming that people will care. I was at a gig recently, and couldn't believe the number of people who were busy taking pictures of themselves and posting them to Facebook... Rather than enjoying the performance on stage.

It just baffles me.

So, in my view, it's perhaps not a huge surprise to see such a feature appear in an expansion as light on meaningful content as Warlords of Draenor. With no actual content to be had, a weekend project finds its way into the game so that people can take pictures of themselves in the world... Rather than actually playing meaningful content within the game. When Twitter integration is lumped together with this, in one of the most threadbare "content" patches in the game's decade stretch, it honestly seemed like I'd just taken up residence in the Twilight Zone.

But worst feature?

Nah. I'm not sure you can call anything the worst feature - if someone doesn't use something, or doesn't even know it's there, it's hard to argue that it's "bad". It's just ignored.

If even only a handful of people have gotten some fun out of the S.E.L.F.I.E camera, then it's a success for that handful; and that's good enough for me.

Neither. It's a thing much like the toys and such. I like taking selfies at oppurtune moments for hilarious shots but I do that with screenshots too, the selfie just gives me the ability to ad some zest if I have time to set up the shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, this thread made me recall a selfie WoW video on youtube... can't find it.. but can remember it almost fully, just with no help.. Some finnish/suomi song, and a troll running about at Gruul.. haha
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"I could care less" implies you care.

"I couldn't care lass" means that there is not enough care for you to care any less.

I don't care about selfie stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't love them, don't hate them, find they can be kind of funny, but honestly, I could think of several other additions that would have made the game fun and better than adding, but, I don't see the harm.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less. Don't use it, most likely didn't cost a Ray D. Tear, doesn't affect me. It's like saying if screenshots, or the Punt-able Marmot is the best/worst thing ever.

So that falls under other

OT: Those word crimes huh
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    I've never used it, I have the camera (I think) but it just doesn't interest me. That doesn't mean I dislike the feature, if people enjoy it then it was a worthy addition.

I am OK with selfies, they are a fair feature. Their problem is that they are a very small feature, yet they - together with Twitter integration - were almost the only thing with gameplay there was in that 6.1 patch, and that was an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're very unimportant and inconsequential, just a fancy screenshot, and the only reason people flipped the fuck out about their addition is because 6.1 failed to deliver on new, interesting content.

Should have never been a numbered patch.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Selfies promote narcissism, and I'm not into that stuff.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly all this selfie camera bullshit needs to stop, it's just ridiculous.

It's a nice toy, I used it a couple of times for fun and it had some creative and fun use in our guild's 10 year birthday activity event and that's it.

I, personally, like it and that's about it. It is certainly better than 90% of the toys out there and it did not cost a raid tier, so I say it's a good addition, but saying it's best - hell no... it's too minor for that, really.

I don't care about them, but I can't bring myself to click a poll option that says "I could care less".

I think they are a very small feature that took very little development and offer some people some enjoyment. Making them worth it.

I dont care about them. Some people care a lot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Not bothered by it tbh, as Blizzard said, a guy pretty much coded it in over the weekend with not much else to do, so it didn;t really cost us anything.

Some people enjoy it, I am not fussed, so it is a positive addition to the game with all honesty.

A weekend you say? Never would have guessed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Average i'd say.

They are fun to whip out and take pictures in raids or funny shit you see around.

1. Fix the 3rd option... If you care...

2. Selfies, imho, as a "thing" are the worst idea i have ever heard of (in real life and ingame).
    But ill only refer to the ingame....

You could always take Screenshots... From whatever pov you want. You can take a "Selfie" without the silly camera (just like in real life.... You can take a selfie without making it sound like the grandest thing on earth).

The point that the Blizzard developers made with releasing a "feature" that ALL it does is add facial expresions to your self Screen Shots and calling it a major content patch was just humiliating... I was frankly afraid that 6.2 was going to add some 'planking' feature and call that the biggest content patch to date.

On a side note, i am 26 and the only "selfies" i ever took are with my GF and only for personnal uses as we sometimes didnt have people to ask if they can take our picture in aome place in time... Never published one...

Oh, and i hate Twitter too...

I know im awsome.

Madness will consume you!!!

i don't think it was a bad feature. I just think it's bad that it was THE feature of 6.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the achievment with selfies and that's it. I don't use Twitter and didn't make any other selfies. If like the usual screenshots better. As a hunter I can make really nice pictures with this skill eagle eye.

Well, I haven't tried them out myself since I don't play, but I admit it has continually bugged me that what we see in game isn't the "real" Warcraft universe. The real Warcraft universe apparently doesn't have selfie cameras, machine guns and motorcycles and apparently exists only in some idealized state in the writers' minds? Or maybe in novels? I don't know.

I couldn't care less honestly. It probably took two interns a couple of hours to do anyway, it's not like it cost us a raid tier. Never used it either, can't think of why I would ever.