Weapon damage or BiS stats for UH?

So I find myself in a quandery, I'm sitting on both Hellrender and Cataclysmic Edge (or whatever that Archi sword is called), and I'm a bit unsure as to what I should go for.

Hellrender has BiS stats (shittonnes of MS), but being higher ilvl, Cataclysmic Edge is stronger in terms of damage. It's only 5 ilvls of course, no wf or no sockets on either.

Heroic versions. I'm not a mythic-raider (yet).

Could I get some input? Obviously minmaxing tells me BiS stats > small weapondamage boost, but my guildies are adamant in the fact that wdps is more worth it.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Kistespiker/simple

(sorry for Guerilla style link, I'm a pleb still)

Hellrender and Calamity's edge are roughly equal in power if they are from the same difficulty for ST. MS is so vastly ahead of other secondary stats that it makes up for the higher weapon damage and slightly higher stats.
    Still Hellrender is your wanted BiS weapon as weapon damage becomes way less significant in AoE situations as none of our AoE abilities scales with it which means that the better itemization will beat the higher ilvl quite easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure in most cases it would be BiS > 5 ilvls, but that being said it depends whether the stats on the archi sword are awful for you or your second BiS.

Without looking at stat weights I would say hellrender

Deleted
    Hellrender is bis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigersgora View Post
    Hellrender is bis
    Exactly this. The loss of secondaries does not outweigh 5 ilvls worth of wdps.

Deleted
    Heroic Hellrender or Mythic Fel-Burning Blade (Crit/Mast)

Deleted
    Weapon dps is always best pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Weapon dps is always best pretty much.
    In AoE situations, far from it. Both MS and Mastery outscale it as NP.

For ST, it is very close because of the ridiculous amounts of MS on Hellrender.

All things considered, if both items are from same difficulty, Hellrender is simply the superior weapon as a DK.

Same problem here, I have a socketed H hellrender and H warforged calamity's edge. The struggle is real.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagunablade View Post
    Same problem here, I have a socketed H hellrender and H warforged calamity's edge. The struggle is real.
    That is a thinker. I would say run a sim on yourself with scaling, and see what values it gives you for all of the stats in question, plug stat values in and compare. I would guess the additional ilvl jump for str and wdps would make CE win for ST, Hellrender would still be superior for intense cleave fights, from my initial thought.

Yeah Im just using the warforged calamity's edge for now. The ilvl is a lot higher

I'm in a grp with 2 TG Wars, so glad that CE is not my BiS stats. But MAN where they steaming when i won EDH over them lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    That is a thinker. I would say run a sim on yourself with scaling, and see what values it gives you for all of the stats in question, plug stat values in and compare. I would guess the additional ilvl jump for str and wdps would make CE win for ST, Hellrender would still be superior for intense cleave fights, from my initial thought.
    This, plug that stats into pawn and DON'T normalize them. When you normalize them, it makes it harder to see the difference between 2 items value wise.

I just rolled(extra roll) a Calamity´s Edge Warforged (HC = 726 ilvl, CRIT + mastery) yesterday, I think is safe put my Heroic Hellrender(715 ilvl) to rest, even with Bis stats.

Deleted
    Calamity's Edge sims ahead.