Question Enhancement BiS for Timewalking

I was inspired by the Ele thread so I decided we should have one too.

Obviously the legendary cloak, gem, and ring are good.
    As far as Tier sets I am liking 2 pc t8 (LL and SS damage increased by 20%) and 2 pc t15 (2 stacks of MW every time you SS), or any of the various 20% increase chance of right now, or even 2pc t18 (Maelstrom Weapon charges electrocute nearby enemies) some input on that would be nice
    I like No'Kaled a lot for us because of how it works with our mastery. Something to note is that Raid Finder and Heroic versions scale the same exact way, I tested it today.
    For Trinkets I've been thinking: Herkuml War Token, Sharpened Twilight Scale, Tiny Abom in a Jar, Wrath of Unchaining, Comet's Trail maybe?

Outside of these I'm just going for things with a lot of sockets.

For enchants, Landslide, Dancing Steel, Warsong, and Bleeding Hollow all sound good, but I'm not entirely sure of anything.

This is just a preliminary speculative attempt but I'd like to hear what's working well for people.

Does there need to be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Does there need to be one?
    Well, it's enjoyable to be able to mix sets together and try out trinkets from different expansions to see how they synergize with our current kit. There certainly doesn't 'need to be' but it's a nice change of pace from HFC which we'll be stuck with for the next 6 months anyway.

Deleted
    for stats prio we should maybe go Mastery > Haste due to the short and bursty nature of the fights and the frequent pack of trash to fire nova

Im using top/gloves from t8 instead of SoO top/gloves, im losing 2 sockets but im gaining 20% more damage on SS/LL not sure yet if is worth
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=46205/co...ker-chestguard
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=46207/co...breaker-gloves
    Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2015-09-03 at 03:29 PM.

You definitely want a MoP helmet for Wrathion's legendary meta-gem, if you are that far into the quest. Might also consider No'Kaled, the Elements of Death, as two of its three procs scale with your mastery. Rune of Re-Origination would probably be insanely strong as well.

Deleted
    sadly in mop shaman got too far behind and got no leg thats why,
    regarding No'Kaled, ive just one and after checking the damage done it was barely 0.5% but have to do more tests

Deleted
    Unlike to make any time-walking setup for any of my chars, as I want to keep it to the minimum of 1-5 dungeons every event.
    That said, it intrigues me to see what kind of synergies slumber within our tier bonuses:

everything from t1 to (including) t7 is crappy
    t8: 20% ll/ss dmg and 20% increased msw proc rate => not bad
    t9: pretty bad with 5% SS dmg and 25% shock dmg
    t10: +12% dmg during SR (additional dmg cd for bosses sounds good imo) and a chance to get atp proc when msw stacks to full (not that good imo as chance is rather low, and only happening at full charges)
    t11: only half of what t8 offers in 2p, 4p is pretty weak also with 10% extra crit on lb
    t12: 10% ll dmg (weak compared to other 2p) and 6% extra damage on fire abilities through SS ( a little extra for aoe, though probably not thaaaat good)
    t13: 10%+ dmg for lb while having any msw stack (not that strong) with 2p and 45% chance for Feral Spirits to proc msw for you (not that good either w/o other bonuses to enh it at least, I think). You do turn into an LB machine during Feral Spirits though.
    t14: 15% LL dmg (blizz being creative) and 15% extras crit from SS. Both not very convincing
    t15: 2p looks very good. 2 msw charges every SS could synch interestingly with the 2p from t18 (aoe dmg when msw procs). Does the aoe proc for every seperate charge, anyone knows? 4p makes Feral Spirits very low downtime, but they aren't that strong anyway, sooo
    t16: the 2p doesn't strike me as strong as our imbues are weak. And the 4p is now baseline with higher chance and we already have low downtime on spells, esp as most of the time we'll be facing multiple.
    t17: the 2p is very similar to t15 tp in feral spirit cd reduction, though I think the t15 one to allow for more cd reduction. That said, the 4p allows for ferals to rpoc wf...which probably isn't all that strong though.
    t18: aoe dmg anytime msw procs (hopefully for each charge, I dont main enh anymore, so I dont know) which may synch exceptionally well with t15 2p. 4p doesn't strike me as much.

To bad we'll never see a t13 4p and t18 2p combo :P. Feral Spirits would drive you nuts with all their msw charges causing aoe dmg

If t18 2p procs for every single charge, then t15 2p with it might be the optimum for trash clearing.
    Otherwise, maybe t8 2p with t10 2p for SS/LL dmg + dmg cooldown
    Or simply enhancing one ability as much as possible; 20+15% LL dmg through t8 2p and t14 2p

Hi. Thanks for starting this thread. I haven't seen this topic yet for Enhancement specifically.

Omanley, thanks for that ranking of tier sets.

Everyone, could I please get some feedback on this TW set?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oudfire/simple

Thank you for your time.

What about T8 2p and T11 2p? Instead of T8 and T10?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    What about T8 2p and T11 2p? Instead of T8 and T10?
    +20% SS/LL and SR dmg cd vs +30% SS/LL
    I guess it's more of a focus on overallsustained dmg.
    That said, against bosses, I dare say the SR dmg cd, paired with other dmg cds stacked, is probably pulling ahead. And against trash, SS/LL will not be as important (SR cd is useful here as well even).

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    +20% SS/LL and SR dmg cd vs +30% SS/LL
    I guess it's more of a focus on overallsustained dmg.
    That said, against bosses, I dare say the SR dmg cd, paired with other dmg cds stacked, is probably pulling ahead. And against trash, SS/LL will not be as important (SR cd is useful here as well even).
    Thanks! I have all 3 ready, and the HC deathwing weapons, man those were fun as current content! - anyway, what about trinkets?

How good is the T18 2 set bonus for TW? I couldnt find anything in google...

A little tip for trinket use.

If you have soul capacitor, you can game it a little bit and use it to one shot bosses. What you want to do is when you get a soul cap proc, go find a critter and hit it with a few abilities{stormstrike if possible, but generally a lightning bolt and a shock}. If you have Ascendance ready two wind strikes on a critter will one shot any boss guaranteed. Then run back to the boss, and let it pop on them. Critters take way more damage than the mobs, since they are not scaled down like the mobs are. You can easily get over 100k dps on bosses this way if you get the right procs. This play style can be a bit irritating, as there isn't a way I have found to show critter nameplates, but in the interface you can make them appear a bit easier for you, having little text show up above them. If you want to try it out, you can get some crazy results, but if you don't feel like running around chasing critters all day, other trinkets are probably better. Relic of Xu'en if you can get it is very strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    But in TW scaling down of gear the soul capacitor just boosts 2% the damage in the explosion, so i guess you are wrong?

I had a 4 set from Throne of Thunder gear plus some belts etc, i went and found a chest and i am using 2 heirloom axes from SoO (2 red gem slots each)
    I have to admit that it makes an immense change in dps, doing on average above 10k dps in wotlk tw dungeons.

What about weapon enchants? i didnt bother to change dancing steel but what would you prefer?

For trinkets

Mirror of the blademaster is super good.
    Rune of reorigination perhaps its good but i am not sure.
    Perhaps a passive trinket would be better, as long as it has sockets. Perhaps the engineer trinket with the 3 cogwheels could be super awesome.
    Last edited by voskopoula; 2016-03-19 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    But in TW scaling down of gear the soul capacitor just boosts 2% the damage in the explosion, so i guess you are wrong?
    The scaling is not what makes the trinket able to one shot bosses. It's the actual functionality of the trinket and what it does. Critters take a lot more damage naturally than any of the mobs in dungeons do. Just go find a critter in a TW dungeon and hit it. You'll see what I mean. Then imagine you had a soul capacitor proc, which saves that damage up, to be used on an actual mob.

Edit: As of 4/13, this has been nerfed. Critter damage is normal in timewalkers.
    Last edited by scogg33; 2016-04-13 at 02:06 PM.

So with set bonus disabled anyone create a new BiS set? I'm going to be maining Shaman in Legion and I'm sure there will be an incentive to do Timewalking like there was in WoD.
    Hi Sephurik

4 pieces of the current expansion set (either 4-set bonus or 2+2 in later tiers, if that's better). Artifact weapon. Mop helmet with legendary gem. Legendary cloak. 715 version of legendary ring. Fill out with whatever pieces of ilvl 333 (End Time ilvl) or higher with the most gem slots and good stats. Gem and enchant.

I guess you could argue that, if the set bonus isn't that good, you could replace the 4 set pieces with gemmed and enchanted pieces from previous expansions, though I don't think the difference will be large enough to bother with.

Not sure about trinkets, I'll probably run with whatever I'm currently using.

Just a really rough first draft will make a wowhead profile eventually.

I'm assuming the the 3x sockets from old gear will beat out the BRF/HFC set bonus but if it turns out that the sets are better make sure you keep a Helm from MOP for the legendary gem.

Not sure about the 2nd trinket. Coin might be good or a Ghost Iron Dragonling 60 haste 30 matery stat stick.

Just wanted to post what I had for now before passing out.
    Hi Sephurik

The only thing you gain after BC for timewalking gear is stamina. BC gear is pretty solid dps-wise. One issue could be not having enough health for cata mechanics.

Look at this chest for example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=29515
    Now see if you can find anything better than that. The squish just turned everything on it's head.

My question is what are we gemming? With gems giving double the amount of secondary stats is agility still worth it? Mastery gems require cata gear. Still better to go with more powerful BC items and gem haste maybe?

Mirror still bis after the nerf?

Another factor here is that all old items are basically just crit/haste. If we want mastery/haste we again have to go with cata/mop items.
    Last edited by Metaslave; 2016-08-18 at 07:24 PM.