Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not harsh at all, think im getting the hang of it with clicking, only on dummy mind so will have to have a bash in actual raid environments where theres alot more going on ither than standing like a potato lol. Thanks for response though

I finally got my 2 Tier pieces and it feels like Sub has changed dramatically again for me, especially with the extra damage and combo points from Vanish.

It's very refreshing to play a spec and class that's not just 2-4 buttons at most. It can be a bit disheartening missing my timing and losing a big chunk of DPS, but it just means more practice and attention is required.

I do wonder what Blizzard has in store for Rogues in legion with class and spec changes. I hope it stays as much fun and rewarding as it is now

I only use WER for moving... getting rid of back pedal gives another key

Deleted
    Watched your video and reread the written guide which helped with the context. added in the vanish-ambush macro along with the dance/reflection macro which have helped. Finally got to do my first raid night last night and hung around the 50th percentile for bosses 2 to 5 (didnt go in vision) whilst not good enough by my standards it is definitely a good marker to start with as it is a completely new spec to me.

If you dont mind peaking at a couple logs on warcraftlogs with some tips it would be appreciated. One thing i thinnk needs improvement is the amount of dances which throughout the fight means it starts to not line up with reflection

Deleted
    So I started studies this week and contrary to popular belief I found myself having a lot less time to spare, so I would prefer not to look at logs, however, I know in the rogue section there are lots of nice people who probably enjoy looking at logs or do it out of kindness, if you go ahead and open a thread with your logs and your statement that you are in fact familiar with the spec but new, they will gladly help you.
    Most of the time its rupture and snd not being 100% and not using CDs on cd or just not having the gear as you compete with everybody if you don't look at bracket score. (and even that is scewed towards the high end of the brackets)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    I only use WER for moving... getting rid of back pedal gives another key
    I use A and D and m1+m2 for movement.

Deleted
    Will do, cheers

So for weapons do I use a slow one in offhand? and do we weapon swap for ambush?

Quote Originally Posted by megavolt419 View Post
    So for weapons do I use a slow one in offhand? and do we weapon swap for ambush?
    Offhand weapon speed doesnt matter- you only use it for stats, nothing else. No, we are not doing weapon swap for ambush.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxal View Post
    So much to take in lol ive never played sub before but have been instructed to switch to so need to get on a fast learning curve. Always played rogue but never really 'got' sub, being a keyboard turning clicker (medical issues effect left hand for keybinds) with a more complex spec will require extra practice i suppose but will get the hang of it. Its a shame as i usually get good parses with my sin spec :-/ practise makes perfect as they say but any shortened down back to basics explainations would be appreciated to prevent being overwhelmed!!
    not sure what you tried to say
    but to be realistic I am using wasd-q-e-123 on my left hand, f and g sometimes, and mixing them with ctrl and shift. Not sure if is is not enough for you, but also try out things like razer nostromo for left hand(buddy with 3 fingers on one of his left arm was performing massively with it) and razer naga mouse. Lots of people prefer logitech g600 or what are the names of their analogues, so go check it out, im not advertising razer here at all.
    but I support offtopic and I feel bad about it :C
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megavolt419 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RylixTV View Post
    A question I get often is: What weapon goes in which hand? The answer is: Use your highest ilvl Dagger in your main hand, and your remaining highest ilvl weapon of any kind in your off hand. If your remaining weapons have equal ilvl go for a dagger in your off hand.
    Did you read the guide?

Deleted
    I'm currently 701 ilevel with a 2 piece setbonus. However, I hold none of the available HFC class trinkets.

Still go Sub or keep waiting till I get my hand on both trinkets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I'm currently 701 ilevel with a 2 piece setbonus. However, I hold none of the available HFC class trinkets.

Still go Sub or keep waiting till I get my hand on both trinkets?
    Either way is fine, whichever you prefer.

This might be off topic, but still contribute to an overall dps gain; I see a lot of top parsing rogues start the fight with Stone of Elements proc, and the 715 ring proc while still benefiting from Maalus. How does this work? If i switch rings and trinkets with an equip set macro during the first vanish, maalus will be on a 30 second cooldown thus I cant use it on pull. Do I still gain the maalus buff if someone else activates it while mine is on a 30sec cd?

would appreciate any input on this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezah View Post
    Do I still gain the maalus buff if someone else activates it while mine is on a 30sec cd?
    Yes.
    Fruit basket -> Sprint -> Vanish -> change gear.

Why do I post this openly? So more people start exploiting this so they are forced to fix this.
    Do this on your own risk though btw. Bans are unlikely since progression is over, but you never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RylixTV View Post
    Yes.
    Fruit basket -> Sprint -> Vanish -> change gear.

Why do I post this openly? So more people start exploiting this so they are forced to fix this.
    Do this on your own risk though btw. Bans are unlikely since progression is over, but you never know.
    Could you maybe elaborate on this? First I've heard about this.

EDIT: did some research/testing myself and now have 2 macros to do this on pull(I pre-equip the 715 ring, and the equipset Sub in the second macro is the set with legendary):

#showtooltip fruit basket
    /cast [target=mouseover] Tricks of the Trade
    /use draenic agility potion
    /use fruit basket
    /cast sprint

#showtooltip vanish
    /cast vanish
    /equipset Sub

Basically, am I doing it right? A lot of the times I do not get the 715 proc, is this because of RNG or me screwing up?

Also, exactly when do I use the fruit basket? -2s on pull timer?
    Last edited by mmoc837b538ece; 2015-10-11 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiseldaa View Post
    Could you maybe elaborate on this? First I've heard about this.

EDIT: did some research/testing myself and now have 2 macros to do this on pull(I pre-equip the 715 ring, and the equipset Sub in the second macro is the set with legendary):

#showtooltip fruit basket
    /cast [target=mouseover] Tricks of the Trade
    /use draenic agility potion
    /use fruit basket
    /cast sprint

#showtooltip vanish
    /cast vanish
    /equipset Sub

Basically, am I doing it right? A lot of the times I do not get the 715 proc, is this because of RNG or me screwing up?

Also, exactly when do I use the fruit basket? -2s on pull timer?
    Yes it's rng if you get procs or not, I also do it on ~2s left on the timer. My macro almost looks the same, I have a castsequence of sprint and vanish. /equipset also in there, so it's just 1 macro.

Just FYI, such report (with double ring exploit) could be banned on WCL: http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewt...hp?f=15&t=4708
    Last edited by nordveien; 2015-10-11 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oromiseldaa View Post
    This has to do with how RPPM works. It takes 2-3 minutes for the 715 ring to reach the max coefficient that increases proc chance. If you swap to your 715 gear set right before the pull, your chance of proccing on pull is lower. You basically have to swap gear while doing trash and not hit any abilities.

Note that Evasion and Combat Readiness can proc RPPM as well, so you want to add those to your macro to increase chances to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by nordveien View Post
    Just FYI, such report (with double ring exploit) could be banned on WCL: http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewt...hp?f=15&t=4708
    This is great news.

Deleted
    You can throw in evasion for almost guaranteed double proc, but yeah, theyll blacklist your report, cos warlocks cant do it this time = exploit.

/jk too slow