Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Sub, min max wise whats better as racial between:

Orc: 2mins cd to line up wth ShR+ Dance + ring
    Belf: extra crit and arcane torrent to get some energy back to try to spend during your cds every 2 minutes

I feel orc wouls win, any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    Sub, min max wise whats better as racial between:

Orc: 2mins cd to line up wth ShR+ Dance + ring
    Belf: extra crit and arcane torrent to get some energy back to try to spend during your cds every 2 minutes

I feel orc wouls win, any thoughts?
    You should sim your character as both races using SimC really.

Deleted
    Hi, when is it better to use vanish for the opener when you don't have 2p nor 4p t18?

Quote Originally Posted by Rouedkaross View Post
    Hi, when is it better to use vanish for the opener when you don't have 2p nor 4p t18?
    Without the set bonus, use it for maximizing find weakness uptime.

Deleted
    So, maybe its a stupid question but......how come i only get 17sec out of SnD at start and at the video its 26/27 or so ? Is this based on Mastery or something els?

I only pull out around 120k with 4th set, rogue tier trink and capacitator. Hope i aint doing something wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday119 View Post
    So, maybe its a stupid question but......how come i only get 17sec out of SnD at start and at the video its 26/27 or so ? Is this based on Mastery or something els?

I only pull out around 120k with 4th set, rogue tier trink and capacitator. Hope i aint doing something wrong
    If you have 2 pieces of T15 (Throne of Thunder) in your pre-pull gear, your pre-pull SnD will be 24 seconds long instead of just 18, and if you add 2 pieces of T4 too (Karazhan), it will be 27 seconds long. Mastery only increases the effect of the finishers, not the duration.

How noticeable is it for sub rogues to gain 11 ilvls on their main hand. I know when my ret went from a 730 wep to 746, it was very noticeable but for my 743 rogue that went from 735 to 746, not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeals View Post
    How noticeable is it for sub rogues to gain 11 ilvls on their main hand. I know when my ret went from a 730 wep to 746, it was very noticeable but for my 743 rogue that went from 735 to 746, not so sure.
    Ret is very ability dependent, while rogues tend to be more passive. Our auto attacks and poison scale with mainhand weapon and our offhand is primarily used as a stat stick (not to say that higher ilvl in the offhand isn't optimal, just not a huge factor).

You won't see damage increases from weapons the same way you will with a Ret, Dk, Hunter, Mage, but that doesn't mean it isn't important. Outside of 2pc/4pc and trinkets, weapons will still be your largest dps upgrades.

If you want more information about exactly how much dps you can gain from a particular weapon I suggest you become more familiar with:

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ or Simulationcraft.org

Either one of these will give you the specifics you are looking for.

Thanks for posting this guide! I'm sure it took a while to make and really appreciate the time you put into it!

Hello rogues, I am a warrior (I know, boo, hiss, etc.)

The raid team I am in is stuck at 10/13M on Xhul. We have a rogue main who does not play Sub, only Combat. I don't know why he doesn't play Sub as I only recently joined the raid team.

This guide seems really good and very detailed. The feedback on this guide also looks really good. Should I send him this topic so he can learn Sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post

The raid team I am in is stuck at 10/13M on Xhul. We have a rogue main who does not play Sub, only Combat. I don't know why he doesn't play Sub as I only recently joined the raid team.

This guide seems really good and very detailed. The feedback on this guide also looks really good. Should I send him this topic so he can learn Sub?
    The guide is worth him seeing; but Xhul is a fight where Combat is often the better choice depending on your raid comp.

Most of us who use Sub do it because we way outgear the content and the imps are destroyed too quickly to bother with any AE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post

If he's willing to try and improve his performance, you should definitely link him this guide, though as mentioned above Combat is pretty good on Xhul. Honestly he should be here himself without your prompting, but we know how that goes. Imagine being in a guild where all the players take initiative to improve themselves, themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    If he's willing to try and improve his performance, you should definitely link him this guide, though as mentioned above Combat is pretty good on Xhul. Honestly he should be here himself without your prompting, but we know how that goes. Imagine being in a guild where all the players take initiative to improve themselves, themselves.
    Any guild still progressing on Mythic is going to have a lot of players who aren't all that in to min-max'ing, i'm not particularly surprised that there's a handful of players (like Kirbypro) who are the ones going out and digging up information for the others.