Deleted

Raid Warning Bug (silent)

Is there a fix? It appears it happens every 1 out of 3 raids lately.

Deleted
    No clue what you mean.

More details always help people understand a problem.

Deleted
    Raid warning is silent. It does not warn anything. It doesn't even type anything in chat.

Do you have assist / raid leader? :P As you can't do one if you don't.

Sorry for asking a stupid question, just checking for possible user error :P

15+ Year Old Account
    We've seen this happen periodically in our raids. We initially chalked it up to addon issues...
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    Any idea what addons? I don't have any severely altering addons for raid management. Mainly DBM, vuhdo.

This is a server side bug 99%. You cannot send a raid warning by any means when this happens, even trying to send it through SendChatMessage() API calls with 0 addons and a completely fresh WTF/Interface folder. Somehow the chat server doesn't catch your assist/leader privileges and RWs just get completely ignored. Haven't found an easy fix- not relogging, not restarting the entire client, not rejoining the raid. Happens probably once a month to me, notice it when my pull timers don't RW. Probably somethin akin to the Unknown player issues, but server-side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    This is a server side bug 99%. You cannot send a raid warning by any means when this happens, even trying to send it through SendChatMessage() API calls with 0 addons and a completely fresh WTF/Interface folder. Somehow the chat server doesn't catch your assist/leader privileges and RWs just get completely ignored. Haven't found an easy fix- not relogging, not restarting the entire client, not rejoining the raid. Happens probably once a month to me, notice it when my pull timers don't RW. Probably somethin akin to the Unknown player issues, but server-side.

Very frequently here. If what you say it's true about server-side it may depend on the region or area. EU here, mainly see it cross-realm though I almost never reaid non-cross-realm anyway to know if it's relevant.

Dude in our raid had this issue on and off while doing loot council announcements. We had him shut off every addon from ACP and when it reloaded he was able to send RW. Normally he had to completely relog after leaving raid to fix it. Its an addon, likely something fairly commonly used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Dude in our raid had this issue on and off while doing loot council announcements. We had him shut off every addon from ACP and when it reloaded he was able to send RW. Normally he had to completely relog after leaving raid to fix it. Its an addon, likely something fairly commonly used.

Someone just said it happened with no addons.

This has been a problem since sometime in MoP. It happens a lot to our priest, she uses minimal addons. One of these days we'll have to test it and see if we can narrow it down and see if it is actually an addon or not. Whatever it is it's really, really annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    This has been a problem since sometime in MoP. It happens a lot to our priest, she uses minimal addons. One of these days we'll have to test it and see if we can narrow it down and see if it is actually an addon or not. Whatever it is it's really, really annoying.

I wondered if it's related to cross-realm raids. Do you take others in raids from other realms when it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I wondered if it's related to cross-realm raids. Do you take others in raids from other realms when it happens?
    It's our Mythic main raid so it's just people from our group of connected servers. Technically it's people from other servers but it's not cross realm (like pugging HFC through group finder) it's connected realms. Not sure if it makes any difference if the realms are connected or not or if it's even a cross realm issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    It's our Mythic main raid so it's just people from our group of connected servers. Technically it's people from other servers but it's not cross realm (like pugging HFC through group finder) it's connected realms. Not sure if it makes any difference if the realms are connected or not or if it's even a cross realm issue.

It could be related if you always get people from other realms. But I do know if it happens on the same realm. I only do pugs lately.

Happens to me occasionally (I'm our masterlooter.) Fairly certain it's either Elvui, ERT or Tmorph (!). Relogging and restarting the battle.net client fixes it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    Happens to me occasionally (I'm our masterlooter.) Fairly certain it's either Elvui, ERT or Tmorph (!). Relogging and restarting the battle.net client fixes it for me.

I have neither of those mods. Also someone above claimed he has seen it with 0 addons.

I have had it happen a handful of times this expansion. Pretty sure it is addon related. A relog always fixes it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I have had it happen a handful of times this expansion. Pretty sure it is addon related. A relog always fixes it.
    The last time it happened and I tried to fix it I exited the game entirely while we were afk in front of Archimonde, moved the wtf/interface folders and I was still unable to RW when I got back in with a completely clean UI.

Deleted
    Yes, reloads don't fix it.

I get a sense that the guy that said it's server-side is closer to the truth (not sure if it was here or somewhere I googled). Then again it's not that helpful in itself since that's a basic fact, if it's true.

We've also had this exact bug, and it does appear to be related to cross realm groups. When in a mythic group (full same-server), we never have an issue. If we invite someone cross realm as a 21st member, I can no longer post Raid Warnings. After they leave the problem seems to persist, however.
    Haven't tried without addons but I suspect it is very much a server-side issue.