Poll: Are you subscribed to any streamers of hs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    No, they're all douches.

Except that Strifecro guy, he's actually informative.
    I think Strifecro, Dog, P4wnmyhof, and Hotform explain the most why they make the plays they make.

I would never pay money to support a streamer of any game, much less a card game with no spectator entertainment value. And as a general rule for all games, if I can watch professional tournaments for free, why in the world would I pay to watch some random person play a game I could simply play myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would never pay money to support a streamer of any game, much less a card game with no spectator entertainment value. And as a general rule for all games, if I can watch professional tournaments for free, why in the world would I pay to watch some random person play a game I could simply play myself?
    How does any of that not apply to Hearthstone? People sub to them so they can afford to continue streaming, because a lot of people actually do like watching other people play for entertainment value, and to get better themselves, and to get deck ideas, and to see what is good in the meta. I also like the jab you take about being able to watch Professional Tournaments for free for other games. No professional Hearthstone tournament has EVER been pay to watch, they're always up on Twitch for FREE.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-09-05 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think Strifecro, Dog, P4wnmyhof, and Hotform explain the most why they make the plays they make.
    Kripp also spends half his video analysing the card or other aspect of the game that's the subject of the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch Twitch sure, I'll even have it on in the background while I'm programming but I don't subscribe to anyone. Kripp is cool because he comes across as unassuming unlike the loud mouthed sellout idiots like some I could mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kripp also spends half his video analysing the card or other aspect of the game that's the subject of the video.
    Kripp makes good videos sometimes, but half of his videos are just filler because he has decided to make 1 video a day every day. For example, "The arena brawl repeat was a good one since we get to see the new cards". No shit...
    TB makes good HS videos because he always tries crazy stuff, but he is just an ignorant asshole and he is very annoying, and he is horrible at the game. He wasn't so annoying few years ago, no idea what happened.
    Trump is the only one that has actual useful educational videos, like 12 win arenas, top 100 legend ranked plays and F2P series where he gets to legend with a new account, but he is not as entertaining as some other streamers. I'd still say he is the best one since I watch this stuff to get better at the game and a you can get a lot from his videos.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-09-06 at 08:27 AM.

Nah, I'll just follow those I find interesting. Kripp seems to be the one I watch as he's the only one on late at night. That and arenas are less monotenous than ladders. I also watch Hafu and Kolento when they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Kripp makes good videos sometimes, but half of his videos are just filler because he has decided to make 1 video a day every day. For example, "The arena brawl repeat was a good one since we get to see the new cards". No shit...
    TB makes good HS videos because he always tries crazy stuff, but he is just an ignorant asshole and he is very annoying, and he is horrible at the game. He wasn't so annoying few years ago, no idea what happened.
    Trump is the only one that has actual useful educational videos, like 12 win arenas, top 100 legend ranked plays and F2P series where he gets to legend with a new account, but he is not as entertaining as some other streamers. I'd still say he is the best one since I watch this stuff to get better at the game and a you can get a lot from his videos.
    Shrug, I find TB pretty funny to watch, even though sometimes I'm screaming "NO NO NO!" at the screen as he makes a silly misplay.

Like I don't make silly misplays all the time :P

I don't mind Kripp's occasional opinion video, I don't always agree but sometimes he'll make me think more about something. They're a minority of his vids anyway.

Bad enough i spend a lot of time with videogames myself. I dont see myself ever watch others playing videogames.

Deleted
    I don't use Twitch, but I'm subbed to a few on YouTube

absolutely not, I refuse to give twitch any money
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    absolutely not, I refuse to give twitch any money
    Yeah! Preach it brother! Fight the system!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Shrug, I find TB pretty funny to watch, even though sometimes I'm screaming "NO NO NO!" at the screen as he makes a silly misplay.
    He is very immature in my opinion but he thinks he is the center of the world and that he is right about everything.
    He also acts like he is the biggest star on Youtube, it's basically impossible to talk to him. I've talked to a lot of other youtubers with questions or ideas/suggestions, and TB is basically the only one who hasn't responded to anything.
    I'm guessing the whole wave of hate and negativity caused him some psychological damage because he wasn't like that 5 years ago.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-09-07 at 11:44 PM.

He is very immature in my opinion but he thinks he is the center of the world and that he is right about everything.
    He also acts like he is the biggest star on Youtube, it's basically impossible to talk to him. I've talked to a lot of other youtubers with questions or ideas/suggestions, and TB is basically the only one who hasn't responded to anything.
    I'm guessing the whole wave of hate and negativity caused him some psychological damage because he wasn't like that 5 years ago.
    Or maybe because he really is too big, so that everything he does and everything he tweets gets 200+ responses. Meaning he can't possibly read, let alone respond to everything - which would require a full-time job in itself.
    Kripp? Trump? Reynad? Amaz? Nowhere near as big, not even close. TB is big in gaming, the others are big in hearthstone only. That's a world apart.
    TB is actually entertaining, albeit not good nor making himself out to be good. The only Hearthstone guys that are moderately entertaining (to me) are Amaz, Noxious and Kibler. And all in different ways.
    Kripp and Trump probably share what is the least entertaining spot on my lists. Kripp is.. not a nice person, really full of himself and so boring.
    Trump on the other hand is actively bad at the game, has the entertainment value of mold, makes blatant misplays because of roping in every single game - which would be fine, if you didn't profile yourself as really good.
    I tried watching his computer unboxing and I died a little inside.
    I cannot see why he gathers any attention. :|

Such a sour taste was left in my mouth with the way blizz handled WoD beta keys and streamers galore. I cant imagine a "streamer" for...hearthstone lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Trump on the other hand is actively bad at the game
    Maybe but he is top few hundred legend every season and he has gotten to legend with basic cards several times before. He started a new F2P account a few days ago and he is already rank 13 after several hours of play with two 12 win arenas.
    Kripp got to legend a few days ago for the first time, and not only he was playing at the end of the season but he was abusing the time after the expansion where everyone was playing stupid decks. And I'm not going to mention TB who plays the 30 legendary deck at rank 25 and loses to people with basic cards.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-09-08 at 12:21 AM.

And I'm not going to mention TB who plays the 30 legendary deck at rank 25 and loses to people with basic cards.
    Is this meant to discredit his skill at the game? :P
    Because if it is, I think you are misinterpreting who TB is. TB is trying to have fun and he is actively avoiding using decks that are good over things that are 'fun', 'different' and especially 'not-meta'.
    I wouldn't know about rank 25, but at rank 20, it's pretty common to run into real top-tier decks. Any 30-legendary deck out there is going to lose to them. Legendaries are generally bad if they are all you have.

That said, I get very frustrated with many of TB's Hearthstone videos and attempt to avoid them - because he does many things I disagree with, playing-wise. Many.
    But I get more frustrated with Trump for doing everything so slowly, and it is probably why I dislike him so much. And I also disagree with his plays a lot. The reason why I think it is more forgivable for TB is because he never makes claims or attempts to be anything but bad-and-fun.

Reynad has the funniest stream. People like to fuck with him, and sometimes he gets so pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Isn't he one of the ones who blocked comments on his videos so as not to have to deal with all the trolls? I think I remember seeing a video of his about it.

Honestly Youtube does a pretty shitty job with their comments section and that hasn't helped the situation with all the dickheads that hang out there.

Maybe but he is top few hundred legend every season and he has gotten to legend with basic cards several times before. He started a new F2P account a few days ago and he is already rank 13 after several hours of play with two 12 win arenas.
    Kripp got to legend a few days ago for the first time, and not only he was playing at the end of the season but he was abusing the time after the expansion where everyone was playing stupid decks. And I'm not going to mention TB who plays the 30 legendary deck at rank 25 and loses to people with basic cards.
    Yeah and Kripp is really an Arena player, where he gets to 12 on a semi regular basis and has played and won so many games the sight of his gold/dust stocks makes my eyes water. And doesn't claim to be the greatest player anyway *shrug*.

It always baffles me why some people are intent on tearing down streamers like they're "terrible" players or something when someone like Trump is probably in the top 0.5% of all HS players. Hell I got to rank 9 last season which is fuck all, not even close to legend, and according to the game that put me in the top 10% or something.

Isn't he one of the ones who blocked comments on his videos so as not to have to deal with all the trolls? I think I remember seeing a video of his about it.
    Yeah but this way he is immune to all criticism and he thinks that all criticism is trolling, which is not really the case since he is often wrong about things and has a very biased opinion.
    He is currently joining a wave of hate originating from the gaming community against a comedian that was making fun of them, however he doesn't seem to understand that this is basically what comedians do and that it is very important for them to have a freedom of expression without any restrictions or influences. People trying to silence comedians are very dangerous and he is making the whole community look bad.
    This proves my point that he is very immature, and there is no way to actually talk to him about any of this directly since he has blocked all communications.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-09-08 at 06:43 AM.