Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Anti-vaxxers?

This is Ukraine. It's a 2nd world country. It's pretty much the poorest country in Europe.
    Which also has a large anti-vaccination movement.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Is Polio the kind of thing that would develop a way to infect even Vaxxers?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Eventually it's possible, but polio has a fairly low mutational rate, so it's unlikely if they move quickly to contain this. You're still going to end up with a large number of very unfortunate kids.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because:

1. Very young kids aren't vaccinated at birth. We have to wait a few years before their immune systems are developed enough to respond to vaccines.

2. Elderly and people with compromised immune systems due to illness can't make effective use of vaccines, i.e., you need a functional immune system for vaccines to work.

3. If a viral disease is allowed to live in a population, it can evolve to become immune to current vaccines. New vaccines can be developed, but in the meantime you have an immune version infecting people.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can mutate, but vaccines for the mutated strains can be developed. It could in theory mutate enough to be immune to the current vaccination methods, but that would be fairly extreme.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Anti-vaxxers?

This is Ukraine. It's a 2nd world country. It's pretty much the poorest country in Europe.
    Yeah and it has one of the lowest rates of trust in vaccines in the world. Although for different reasons than our anti-vax protesters in West Europe / US they still cause the same (or in this case worse) harm.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible polio can mutate enough to negate the effect of current vaccines but very unlikely unless it remains in the population for a long period of time. Polio mutates very slowly so it's not very likely (although not impossible) for it to change enough that trained immune responses fail to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I'm sure herd immunity works wonderfully when you're constantly letting in millions of immigrants who don't even read or write their own language, I'm sure they are vaccinated though

Anti-vaxxers are stupid, but this is because Ukraine is becoming a shithole...not anti-vaxxers.
    Because people are fleeing to Ukraine?

Deleted
    Polio or autism? Their choice.

Deleted
    I'm sure herd immunity works wonderfully when you're constantly letting in millions of immigrants who don't even read or write their own language, I'm sure they are vaccinated though

Anti-vaxxers are stupid, but this is because Ukraine is becoming a shithole...not anti-vaxxers.
    Wtf?

Ukraine is one of the poorest countries of Europe. Pretty much nobody emigrates there, save legal labour migrants, and those come mainly from Russia. Actually, people tend to flee from Ukraine. The population of the country is on decline.

Just look at thoses numbers:

https://www.iom.int/jahia/webdav/sha...nd-Figures.pdf

And they are probably worse today with the war.
    Last edited by mmoc121f221165; 2015-09-03 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Wtf?

Ukraine is one of the poorest countries of Europe. Pretty much nobody emigrates there, save legal labour migrants, and those come mainly from Russia. Actually, people tend to flee from Ukraine. I mean, the population of the country is in decline. Just look at thoses numbers; and they're certainly worse today with the war.

https://www.iom.int/jahia/webdav/sha...nd-Figures.pdf
    People are leaving Ukraine, nowhere did I say people are immigrating to Ukraine, the OP & title specifically say Europe, and since people are migrating out of a Ukraine that has seen a pretty solid drop in vaccinations recently, to other parts of EU along with other non-vaccinated people from the middle-east it's pretty likely this can and will spread.

Deleted
    People are leaving Ukraine, nowhere did I say people are immigrating to Ukraine, the OP & title specifically say Europe, and since people are migrating out of a Ukraine that has seen a pretty solid drop in vaccinations recently, to other parts of EU along with other non-vaccinated people from the middle-east it's pretty likely this can and will spread.
    Well, now I understand what you are saying, but your original post was quite misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Well, now I understand what you are saying, but your original post was quite misleading.
    It fit the misleading title, but my fault for my clarifying .