Question The Lone Hunter sword suddenly gone from my pet

Just saw the other thread, you may forget about this one

Ever since a long time ago, when I first managed to tame "The Lone Hunter", so that the sword was still stuck in the model, I have had it at my side.
    But today, when I logged in, I saw that the sword was gone!
    I tried to relog, restart, /reload and all other common things, but nothing. The sword is gone for good.

This honestly made me very sad. It was the one thing that made me feel sort of special (Ever since they nerfed the Haunted Memento).

Any other hunters out there with the same special pets that can confirm if this change is intended, server wide, or just happened to me for some reason?

I was under the impression that was fixed a long time ago.

I once had a raptor (I think) that only appeared as a tiny patch of fire. That was fun, until it got fixed.

My girlfriend had this happen a year or two ago I think when we were doing 2v2. Any instanced event that removes all buffs and debuffs before entering clears the sword. I believe Timewalking is one of them. As far as I know though, it's still possible to re-tame, just harder now?

I thought they fixed that model as they never intended for it to keep the sword or something.. but i also thought that was a long time ago now. So perhaps i am wrong.

if you ran a timewalking dungeon with him, I have bad news for you. same happened to a friend's boar that was on fire, and I've read about people with the black tar wolf also disappearing the effect
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My girlfriend had this happen a year or two ago I think when we were doing 2v2. Any instanced event that removes all buffs and debuffs before entering clears the sword. I believe Timewalking is one of them. As far as I know though, it's still possible to re-tame, just harder now?
    Nope, if you tame him the sword isn't there (or he's untamable entirely, I forget which).

i had one of the oil slicked wolves from ages ago in wrath/cata period.. if you tamed it just right you got it with the oil effect so it was completely black etc..

then like 1 year on.. i entered arena with it out by mistake :<

Yeah, I boned my transparent carrion bird with the glowing effect by taking it into a Timewalker dungeon. Still transparent, but the visual effect is gone. Although I'm glad it was that one, rather than my flaming boar or something.

i once had the worgen wolf pet. after the bug was fixed i accidentally called him in an arena game.
    now he's a regular wolf and i'm a sad tamer
    (edit: Link)
    edit2: oh...guess i forgot there was a patch that fixed him, not my own stupidity
    at least i got to keep my oiled wolf, flaming carrion bird, flaming boar and a few other of those bug-tames :3

edit3: more bug-tame pets. nostalgia is strong with me
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-09-05 at 03:13 PM.