Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No, there's insufficient excessive RNG.

I dunno - yes and no? If there was less RNG then sure your draw would be better but also you'd face perfect opener rush Hunters every game. You want that!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. At this point, we should all have accepted that Hearthstone is the Pro Wrestling of online gaming. Flashy, ridiculous and fairness is just a fairy tale we tell our kids about.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, there's insufficient excessive RNG.

I dunno - yes and no? If there was less RNG then sure your draw would be better but also you'd face perfect opener rush Hunters every game. You want that!!??
    Would be interesting to see the meta changes if there was no RNG. Once people start playing Rock, everyone will counter by playing Paper and Rock won't be so powerful any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG keeps the game interesting, especially at competitive levels when the mirror matches are already going to be prevalent. It keeps the outcome from being entirely predictable and I think that's good for a card game.

And people will forever complain about RNG. The very fact that you draw cards at random is an element of RNG you can't remove from the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    RNG keeps the game interesting, especially at competitive levels when the mirror matches are already going to be prevalent. It keeps the outcome from being entirely predictable and I think that's good for a card game.

And people will forever complain about RNG. The very fact that you draw cards at random is an element of RNG you can't remove from the game.
    Problem is that the more RNG in a game, the less skill actually matters and while that's all fine with anyone that is a casual player, it turns competitive tournments and matches into complete jokes because you are not crowning the most skilled Hearthstone player of the tournment, you are crowning the luckiest Hearthstone player in that tournment. Sure, it's not always the case that RNG decides a tournment, but it's becoming more frequent as more RNG-based cards are released.

Card games already have inherent RNG, but on top of that they keep adding more and more RNG elements in terms of cards and other mechanics. There is a point where it becomes too much and I think we have already reached that point.

Deleted
    I just RNGed Velen And A-NOOB-Arak from unstable portals in arena.

Dropped velen for 4 on turn 5 (had nothing better to play), he helped me to ping a twodrop for 2 dmg.
    Anub barely did anything. He's ultimate topdeck war card but I was facing rush tempo deck. I made it to turn 7 and died.

So there you go. Even if you RNG like that you can still lose because you're behind on board and even dropping minions like that do not swing the tempo in your favor if opponent can find an answer.

Not if you believe in the heart of the cards.

Cards like Unstable are the weakest design I see in HS. Zero way to play against it or even take much advantage. If it were a fixed pool such as animal companion, that is fine. I'm not even a fan of shredder tbh. I use him but the design of such cards just suck imo.