Thread: IRC Channel

IRC Channel

So.. When are we making a IRC channel?

Just for discussions basically, and for giving people advice. It's much easier to pop by a IRC channel I feel, could just be me because I use IRC daily.

Since Summonstone went down I've only had the forums to turn to and it's a bit hard to keep up with posts here, might just be me tho.

Any suggestions?

We've had discussions regarding opening up an IRC channel, but in the end it didn't seem worth it. When it comes to sharing information with the public and people looking for help these forums works very well in most cases. For the people doing the theorycrafting we already have a way to share information easily with a private skype chat. All in all it's just more work for us, with no real gain.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

my 2C - i like to browse posts in the forums of people asking for help, i can see their logs, problems, and suggested solutions - and this helps me improve my own play, without needing to make another post of 'i has no rage, plz halp!' (imaginary example, i am full of rage )

it is my understanding that IRC has a much more limited historical record, which means the resident experts will have to answer the same few questions more frequently, without having the added benefit of helping people like myself