View Poll Results: Age dating, and Agism, How old is too old, how, how young is too young?

Voters
217. This poll is closed
  • There is no such thing age is just a number unless they aren't old enough.

113 52.07%
  • I think anything more than 5 years apart

45 20.74%
  • I never had a problem with it, and I have been in a long term relationship with someone older.

20 9.22%
  • Other. Write below and share your experience.

39 17.97%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Ewww, at least pick a decent cocktail.
    Fine, I'll take a really really highball. That'll be about four shots of whisky and a splash of ginger ale

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Also, so what you mean is someone with the same areas of interest as you, regardless of having a college degree, theres a lot of different areas and she might find your interests dull as hell
    or might have little in the way of formal education but a lot in self-taught and interests.
    My original comment was that she should be owning her career, not relying on me. To be with me it helps if she's educated and, as I do, enjoys discussing all kinds of random topics. It helps if she's autodidactic, and enjoys learning. And enjoys teaching, so that I can learn things. That's all.

...I'm kind of a hard person to date.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I really did not mean you, you clearly have always been a dedicated gamer and I respect the honesty that comes with that.

I just mean that back in 2004, female gamers were rare. I had plenty of girls in my guild in vanilla wow and they would always explain how separate they felt from other girls, how it took a lot of dedication to go against the flow. (again, it was 2004)

Now all the girls I meet (especially the 30/35+ women who are desperate to be interesting and invite me over to play on their wii) somehow were all hardcore gamers back in 2004, even though the first game they ever played was candy crush or wii tennis.
    *Giggles* I know that you didn't mean me specifically. I'm moreso a bit depressed over the aspect that women in my age group a viewed that way in a general manner. I'm mostly just pointing out that it was difficult to be a gamer back then, if you were female. That is more likely the reason a lot of women my age are more along the lines of very casual gamers.

I'm a gamer from way back in the 70s and 80s. I played in arcades and blew most of the tip money I got from delivering pizzas at the time and was one of the few people that played some of the original games on the Apple II.

However, I do envy the younger girls of modern gaming, things are so much nicer now.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.

Closing towards 30, my ideal partner/s is legal age to 45. Though I prefer around the same age, if not older. Why? because, by then, they already know what they want, and are striving for it. Now, if its one off sexual encounters, 18-45 it is.

As it is, i much prefer someone that knows what they want, and do not need me to sit there and coddle them. To me, I feel as though love is simply a chemical imbalance. Will I partner up with someone? Sure. Do I find others attractive? sure. Would i have sex with them? sure. As it is, I know the simple fact that humanity is not a monogamous species, rather we are cohearced into it by the public's eye and religious' eye. If I find another person attractive, I might seek a relationship based on sexual encounters. If I find someone's intelligence attractive, I would seek a relationship based on a partnership of like mindedness.

As to the age, really doesnt matter, though I prefer not to go ~15ish years older than myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    *Giggles* I know that you didn't mean me specifically. I'm moreso a bit depressed over the aspect that women in my age group a viewed that way in a general manner. I'm mostly just pointing out that it was difficult to be a gamer back then, if you were female. That is more likely the reason a lot of women my age are more along the lines of very casual gamers.

I'm a gamer from way back in the 70s and 80s. I played in arcades and blew most of the tip money I got from delivering pizzas at the time and was one of the few people that played some of the original games on the Apple II.

However, I do envy the younger girls of modern gaming, things are so much nicer now.
    The reality, despite what Sarkeesian and co will have you believe, is that male gamers have always been open to female gamers. Female gamers were treated like queens really; as an officer and guild leader, I often had to make sure myself and others did not show favouritism to the girls in raid slots, etc

Back in 2004-etc it was other girls who made girl gamers in my guild feel terrible. They were called losers by cool girls at school/uni, and made to feel like outcasts by other women for being into a "nerdy" hobby.

I guess the same is true for us male gamers back from the 1980s-1990s (and before).

Gaming used to be a nerdy hobby that got you excluded from the cool kids' table (unless you knew how to be a social chameleon like I learned to be)

It's just weird to see the same social exclusionists now use gaming itself as a means to shame other groups.

Anyway, off topic, this is about dating ages. Young = good, old = bad. Fixed.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-09-05 at 05:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The reality, despite what Sarkeesian and co will have you believe, is that male gamers have always been open to female gamers. Female gamers were treated like queens really; as an officer and guild leader, I often had to make sure myself and others did not show favouritism to the girls in raid slots, etc

Back in 2004-etc it was other girls who made girl gamers in my guild feel terrible. They were called losers by cool girls at school/uni, and made to feel like outcasts by other women for being into a "nerdy" hobby.
    This wasn't my personal experience, but I suppose my experience is anecdotal and doesn't really count.

Other girls would harass me a lot more about hanging out with guys frequently than being into the nerdy things like computers and games.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

This wasn't my personal experience, but I suppose my experience is anecdotal and doesn't really count.

Other girls would harass me a lot more about hanging out with guys frequently than being into the nerdy things like computers and games.
    I feel like comparing with my profession. The typical comment, "Woman, get back in the kitchen!" Ok, well in professional kitchens it's mostly men. I have two women in mine, out of about 20 employees. Why? I don't know, very women put in applications.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure thats what he was saying... guys didnt harass girls, girls harassed girls. And I speak the same as that. I was harassed by other girls as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Pretty sure thats what he was saying... guys didnt harass girls, girls harassed girls. And I speak the same as that. I was harassed by other girls as well.
    Only I wasn't harassed but other girls over my hobbies. That's what I'm saying.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    age is just a number and jail is just a room baby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishtoes View Post
    Well, as a guy you ALWAYS have to be the older one in the relationship, no woman would ever date someone younger than them, even if its just by 1 year.
    i must just be imagining how my gf is almost 32 and im 24 then lol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtoes View Post
    Well, as a guy you ALWAYS have to be the older one in the relationship, no woman would ever date someone younger than them, even if its just by 1 year.
    My last ex, before my current GF, was 6 years older than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only I wasn't harassed but other girls over my hobbies. That's what I'm saying.
    The hanging out with guys is what got you harassed, and typically, from my understanding, is that usually hang out and play video games, when coupled with guys. So while the intent of being harassed for hanging out with men, can also be included into playing video games. Unless I am mistaken. This was at least my experience, though, it seems I am younger than you, as you said you were playing video games in the 70's, since I wasnt even born then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    The hanging out with guys is what got you harassed, and typically, from my understanding, is that usually hang out and play video games, when coupled with guys. So while the intent of being harassed for hanging out with men, can also be included into playing video games. Unless I am mistaken. This was at least my experience, though, it seems I am younger than you, as you said you were playing video games in the 70's, since I wasnt even born then.
    *Giggles* In a sense. However, I didn't just hangout with nerdy crowd. Actually, that was the crowd that the girls that harassed me cared the least about. They were more concerned with the jocks, bikers, and punks... you know the more rebellious crowd... I was a girl that hung out with a bunch of guys at bonfires and on mountains and water towers...

It was a very different time, then.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Same here. I am 20, at min I could date a girl that's 17 and just if she's super pretty and awesome and stuff. At max I don't know... my "best" is a girl of 24.
    When I see things like, a 18 girl and a 25 boy, or a 20 girl and a 29 boy, I just see it as utterly pathetic. What, you're so uninteresting that you had to resort to experience and age difference because you couldn't give anything else to those of your age?
    Oor I unno maybe you have more in common?

Old enough to breath, old enough for me.
    I much prefer older women though. 40~ is the cut though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I do think the good ones are taken up early and if you wait too long, it's hard to get a good mate.
    How I am starting to feel at umm almost 29

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the person. My parents are only 3 years apart with my father being older. My grandparents from my mothers side was 10 years apart with my grandpa being older. Yet on my fathers side my grandparents was also 10 years apart, but my grandma being older. So yea everyone is essentially all over the place when it comes to age.

I think today people want someone near their age range because of dealing with generation gaps. Like 5 years difference is fine but 10 years would scare some people. Typically men go for younger and women go for older, but that's not a rule just a generalization. It's all about how you think and look. If you look old and act old at the age of 25, you're old. If you act young and look young at the age of 35, you're young.

Also not everyone ages at the same rate. Some people age faster or slower than others. Smoking, eating unhealthy, just unhealthy living will age you faster. Some people have the FOXO gene or another common name "Peter Pan Gene". They literally age 8-10 years slower than most other people. Anderson Cooper's hair was totally white by the age of 25. So yea, age is just a number.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Old enough to breath, old enough for me.
    I much prefer older women though. 40~ is the cut though.
    What is that in comparison to your age?
    ~~ ~~

When I was 38, I dated an 18 year old. But I look 10-15 years younger than I really am. I'm in my 40s now, and people say I look like I'm in my 20s. Just the other day I had yet another confirmation of this. Some guy in his early 20s tried talking to me about some toys he used to play with when he was a kid (as if I would know what the heck he was talking about). I had absolutely no idea what the toys were so I just changed the subject. People in their 40 who are my age also talk down to me like I am a kid still. Life is really strange at this point.

Its difficult to date women my age because they think I'm a kid. The 18 year old I was dating was very emotionally mature for her age tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    You should've given your genes to someone who would love to look younger than they are. Ungrateful people....
    Eat a low-sugar diet and stay out of the sun; exfoliate, take a multivitamin and drink a lot of water. Healthy habits can go a long way.