View Poll Results: Age dating, and Agism, How old is too old, how, how young is too young?

Voters
217. This poll is closed
  • There is no such thing age is just a number unless they aren't old enough.

113 52.07%
  • I think anything more than 5 years apart

45 20.74%
  • I never had a problem with it, and I have been in a long term relationship with someone older.

20 9.22%
  • Other. Write below and share your experience.

39 17.97%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

Age/2 + 7 is the youngest.
    ^^^^ This

Also know as The Old Bastard rule..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i would only date someone around the same age as me, im 23. my girlfriend is 21, and i think thats young enough. i couldn't date anyone younger than that, and i don't think i could date anyone older than 24.
    Hard to say, I know women that are close to 30 that look 18...without fancy make-up. Looks matter, no matter how you spin it.

Theoretically I couldn't care less about age, but technically I've always ended up in relationships with girls a few years younger than me. While age is "just a number," maturity isn't, or rather the amount of life experiences you have, and your situation in life, isn't. It's not that it's weird or wrong with someone older/younger, but they have a harder time sharing their lives with someone who isn't in the same position and situation in life.

When it comes to casually getting together though, my range is very different, up to 11 years older and 7 years younger.

Deleted
    if age would be just a number ppl wouldnt ask your age (when its obvious both of you are legal)

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Theoretically I couldn't care less about age, but technically I've always ended up in relationships with girls a few years younger than me. While age is "just a number," maturity isn't, or rather the amount of life experiences you have, and your situation in life, isn't. It's not that it's weird or wrong with someone older/younger, but they have a harder time sharing their lives with someone who isn't in the same position and situation in life.

When it comes to casually getting together though, my range is very different, up to 11 years older and 7 years younger.
    Pretty much, friends group has up to 20 years difference up and 12 down (im 28). But that is normal in my culture.
    life experience does matter far more than age, another thing that matters regarding age, imo, is life expectancy. 5 is nothing, but 25-30 is, if they die 25 years before you do, kind of sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every person is different obviously. However there is a HUGE difference between the mindset of a 21 year old and the mindset of a 28-30 year old. You mature a lot during that period. Hell, there is even a difference between an 18 and 21 year old.

So it would definitely vary per person. I haven't met someone that I was attracted to physically and emotionally that was 10+ years older than me yet in my life. But 5+ years older isn't horrible either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    So it would definitely vary per person. I haven't met someone that I was attracted to physically and emotionally that was 10+ years older than me yet in my life. But 5+ years older isn't horrible either.
    Just me, I wouldn't date anyone under 22 (preferably college grad) or over 42. That's about my range.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Just me, I wouldn't date anyone under 22 (preferably college grad) or over 42. That's about my range.
    Level of education doesnt reflect maturity, or actual education though. College grad or not doesnt bother me personally.

22 is indeed around the lowest i'd go, at that age there is still too much self-discovery to be made, even 22 is already....

Odd for me to say that, its interesting how perspective changes with age. 10 years ago id laugh if i ever thought id be typing that "22 is minimum age"

Deleted
    10 years in either way. A difference bigger than 10 years is quite clear and shows that generally the older partner sees the younger one more as a child in some ways and the younger sees the older one as a parent. My opinion. Sure they might like the sex and the experience of the elder partner, but they have different rhytms in life and this generally affects the relationship.

id say +10/ -10 is the max for me but im pretty open minded. long as their above the legal age i couldnt care really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim
    if age would be just a number ppl wouldnt ask your age (when its obvious both of you are legal)
    Age is just a number. So is income, breast size and weight. For any given number there will be those who care a bit, those who obsess, and those who don't give a hoot. That says more about human diversity than the significance of a number.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Legal age in my state (Iowa) is 16. I wouldn't/couldn't see myself dating a 16 year old. However, when I was like 24ish, I met this marvelous girl, she was sweet and smart and athletic and philosophical and just damn near perfect. She lived across the board (didn't know the laws back then) but she was 16. Nothing ever happened, but I always wondered.

Outside of being in high school and the occasional disney/nickelodean chick like Vanessa Cosgrove or something, I'd need them to have experienced life a bit more first. And for the first time, I'm running into 18-20 year olds that I have NOTHING in common with. I used to be in the entertainment industry much more than I am now, and so was connected enough that I could hang with some of these youngin's, but a recent 19 year old was going through my phone playlist and she only knew 2 people. Kanye (one song) and Ice Cube (yeah, she did know he was a rapper). There really isn't THAT much that's obscure on my playlist, i mean shit like Sevendust, Crystal Method, Deadmau5, Wu-Tang, CCR, AC/Dc, Phil Collins, Outkast... I was like, well fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    For referenace i'm 24. I think age range changes as you get older.
    At the moment i'd probably date anyone from 20-32. Though at 20 i'd probably struggle unless they were quite mature so it's probably more like 22, at 32 they may be that bit further on in their life than i am and we may look at things differently.

I'd probably say 22-28 is more likely to be the range for something serious. Saying that though, i'm not too attached to the numbers themselves so if the right person came along that was say 21 or 29 it wouldn't be an issue.

I'd really struggle dating a university student though, unless they were someone that had gone back to uni at a later age.

Deleted
    The older you are, the less weird the larger gap is

If you are 80 years old then you could defintely pass with going out with a 60 year old and it won't look weird at all (probably won't even notice the difference) but a 40 year old going out with a 20 year old is just weird.

+/- 10 years is probably where I set it at. I probably only say that because my auntie's boyfriend is 10 years older than her and they live happily and have their own child so meh. She does look younger than him but I don't think 10+ years is the first thing you would guess.

The whole cougar thing just grosses me out, 50 year olds chasing after 18 year olds or whatever just makes me cringe.

I'm 20, I would probably date someone from 18-25. Although, 25 may be a stretch, I have met people at 25 at uni and they seem so much more grown up than me, but they say the same thing to me when they find out i'm 5 years younger. I dunno, I guess I can't make an absolute decision until I find someone I like and know how old they are.

Age is just a number. Why should a 25 year old date someone who is emotionally immature just because they are also 25, when a 35 year old is also available and IS emotionally mature?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It depends, really. If someone is awesome enough, age doesn't matter.

I do feel uncomfortable when someone in their 40's marries someone who's barely in their 20's. On multiple levels.

But personally? It would be a very special teenager to get my attention, and I've been known to be interested in ladies in their late 40's. And I'm 29. So *shrug*

Dont care if the chick was 10 years older and smoking hot i would still date her
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Parents of a friend of mine have an age difference of 30 years, and afaik all the children in the family are healthy and okay, as well as their relationship is still going on pretty nicely.

Personally I felt anything more than 2 years younger or 5 year older was too much of a gap for me.

If you're 18 you probably have a similar mindset with anyone up to 23-24 so dating in that range is ok. However, this mindset drastically changes when you get older. This is why I prefer relationship with women over 25, it's just a different world view. Relationships are much more balanced with people over 25 when both sides have enough experience to handle specific problems without causing a lot of drama or breaking up.
    I like stability and understanding and that comes only with experience.