Steam save game issue

Since I reverted back from windows 10 to windows 7 I'm having some trouble with games not saving anymore, for Starcraft 2 I managed to solve it, but borderlands the pre-sequel and metro 2033 redux are no longer saving, at least they save as long as i don't fully leave the game, but once you go out to desktop and want to continue the next day you are back as to where the game was the day b4.

I did soome googling but so far none of those solutions did anything. Now I will be upgrading my pc soonish and will do a clean OS install but I'm afraid that if I backup my save files that the problems might continue so if anyone has had a similar issue and found a solution pls let me know as i would rather not loose all my progress and gear from borderlands tps.

Deleted
    It has to do with Steam Cloud, what you need to do is check if the location of your savegames matches the one with the Cloud. If the steam check a specific location to store it online and it can't find anything that it simply assumes nothing has changed resulting in you not saving anything. Or rather, the game thinking you didn't save anything.

It's something I had to deal with before, not with OS change but I did with HDD switch.