Anyone else feel like they killed every rogue spec?

Sub and Assassination feel too similar, they are both vying to be the Dot Damage dealer rogue spec. For sub Rupture is very important and it does more damage over time than eviscerate deals up front.

Assassination is also about Rupture while it has another effect baked into it its the only dot we have control over, deadly poison is passive.

Combat lost Rupture this expansion and was never about dots but all 3 specs have a huge emphasis on White hits/ Auto Attacking. Combat lacks any form of armor penetration instead it gets a clunky damage bonus.

In pvp because of larger health pools and no desire for rogues to be 1 shotting people finishers need to be used a lot more than they use to combo points have been devalued.

In vanilla wow, tbc, and even wrath a single large crit was a big deal, Critting with eviscerate or a combo builder was a huge portion of someones health. In return energy did come in as quickly there were few ways to get energy faster except for passives from Combat and one passive in the assassination tree. There was no such thing as venomous wounds and slice and dice returning energy to you every 2 seconds.

Combo Builder attacks and Combo points have been greatly devalued. In old times 5 combo points felt very valuable and now it does not.

Perhaps its always felt the way it is now to PVE players but in PVP its awful.

I find all 3 boring and in much need of change to flesh out their identity and make them fun again especially in the eventual presence of Demonhunters.

Assassination has remained my favorite despite having the worst cool down in the game and becoming a tiddly poison spec because I just like how it flows and forgive me but I really love its simplicity and auto pilot feel vs the other 2 specs. For Combat its all about Killing Spree and what you do during Adrenaline rush and for Sub its all about that dance. While for assassination you just tunnel into someone and your always doing decent damage as long as your on target. Its enhanced by the fact now that Slice and dice is completely passive.

many call assassination mindless but who wants to feel like their doing work while trying to kill someone in a video game. I never understood the mentality of loving sub because its hard to play at an advanced level. At the level I play at I often defeat sub rogues of = skill to me because assassination is just so much easier and more forgiving and that in itself is an advantage it just creates for a lower maximum potential than sub in a pvp environment.

Im the same way in fps games. The only fps where I ever used snipers and weapons of finesse was Halo but Halo no matter how you play it online is not a finesse game your playing as a spartan/elite with an energy shield who can kill people with a couple weapon butts or 1 shot from behind and plus there is no recoil. The guns aren't one bit realistic ect. I prefer Shotguns and smgs to precise rifles and sniper rifles. Even pistols are more fun for me. My favorite thing about counter strike are the ECO and Pistol rounds where everyone can only afford pistols and Smgs or at best a shotgun if not the most expensive smg the P90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... they did said that they would revamp all rogue spec in the xpac. So we just got to wait n see.

In a way they are already working on what you want.

Stealth has become a crutch and weakness rather than a strength of the class. The only huge advantage we have in stealth is an old buff from cataclysm where we are no longer impaired our speed while in it. (additionally only one spec truly shines because of stealth and stealth abilities, Sub because of find weakness, every opener is also a mini burst opportunity. Assassination use to benefit greatly from stealth because of Overkill which was removed for Mists of Pandaria)

With the plethora of Aoes and detect stealth mechanics in this game and the fact that Openers are not as strong as they use to be because of Diminishing returns and higher health pools. Stealth does not feel like a strength or a tool to be used wisely more like a crutch that will sometimes save you because of a clutch garrote/cheapshot on a healer with vanish/dance.

Rogue's have no base mobility outside of Sprint. Sprint was handed out to every class in some shape or form.

Our Mobility tier arguably one are better talent tiers still needs work because Burst of Speed almost nudges ahead at being the only good choice. Shadow Step is good its great in fact but theres too many slows and roots in this game I find myself unable to live without speed but I do miss the teleport just for certain arena maps.

I think Burst of speed promotes bad game play but its fun would be rough if it was taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Well... they did said that they would revamp all rogue spec in the xpac. So we just got to wait n see.

In a way they are already working on what you want.
    yeah but they said for example regarding assassination it would be about Poisons. Facepalm its already been about poison for multiple expansions and their idea of a poison spec is envenom and deadly poison a passive dot and baking another dot into rupture.

VENDETTA NEEDS TO GO to be replaced with a cool poison ability. I want to see less emphasis on deadly poison damage more damage coming from active attacks OR at least make the Dp dot more lethal.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2015-09-04 at 03:20 PM.

They are going to change the specs back to their original state in Legion.

Deleted
    What about a poison vial aoe that someone suggested, and maybe make Envenom a bit like monks "Chi Burst", it has diff effects depending on amount of combo points?

Deleted
    I disagree with the sub and assassination part. Sub probably has the most identity out of all the 3 specs. Even though we have outdated and useless mechanics like Hemorrhage and Backstab, the vanish + 4P playstyle is pretty amazing. Only thing I find pretty sad is that DFA is so bad in PvE.

I feel like all the rogue specs are mechanically solid, but aesthetically and viscerally dead. Even though I find Warriors clunky, I still love the animation/audio feedback of most of their abilities: Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Charge, Brostorm, etc.

I'm a little worried that Monks and now Demon Hunters stole all of the good potential possibilities to making rogues a lot cooler.

just a bad idea i just got for assasination rogues:

change deadly poison into a lethal finisher (like execute). Deal up to 10% of the targets maximum health every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds. can't be dispelled, but the effect is removed if the target is healed to full health. Only usable on targets below 30% health.

the "up to 10%" would be so it wasn't overpowered in PvE, so making it scale with attack power and a flat dmg pr tick. i'm a horrible theory crafter, so i don't really know.

again, probably a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    just a bad idea i just got for assasination rogues:

change deadly poison into a lethal finisher (like execute). Deal up to 10% of the targets maximum health every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds. can't be dispelled, but the effect is removed if the target is healed to full health. Only usable on targets below 30% health.

the "up to 10%" would be so it wasn't overpowered in PvE, so making it scale with attack power and a flat dmg pr tick. i'm a horrible theory crafter, so i don't really know.

again, probably a horrible idea.
    Something like that could work though assassination already has an 'execute' mechanic with dispatch.