6.2 Frost Questions

Hello everyone, I am hoping for a little advice/guidance.

I have been doing Hellfire Citadel Normal/Heroic with my guild and I cant help but feel like I could be doing higher dps than I currently am.

I spent some time looking around at guides as well as the 6.2 Guide here at mmochampion, but I feel like I am not quite doing something right.

So I am playing Frost and have the 4pc T18 as well as Prophecy of Fear and Tome of Shifting Words (Both are the Normal Version) and the Legendary Ring. I am doing around 55k dps on average (some bosses are a little higher, some a little lower).

So now the questions I have,

I know that now that i have ToSW that I should precede as many ice lances as possible with frostbolt to get the damage increase on the ice lance, but im not sure what the best way to handle Frostfire Bolt is. I was having issues where i was trying to prevent my Fingers of Frost from getting to 4 so my Brain Freeze procs were occasionally falling off. So I started doing WJ > FB >IL > FFB > FB > IL > FFB > FB > IL .... etc (as long as I had a Brain Freeze Proc of course), not sure if there is a better way to manage those procs or not. Also I am unsure if I am drastically missing out on FoF Procs from WaterJet by doing that.

As for Talents/Glyphs, I have played around with these quite a bit over the last week or so. Currently I have ended up with Unstable Magic/Incanters Flow/Thermal Void for the top talents and Icy Veins/Splitting Ice/The Double Blink Glyph (i cant remember it's name). I was using the Water Ele Glyph for a while thinking it would be better to have the elemental following me always, but I have been in situations where it doesnt quite work (e.g. on Kilrogg i will run away for heartseeker and then blink back to the stacked group and my elemental will still be in the back of the room attacking the blood). I know Rune of Power is technically the best, but on most fights I have trouble staying in it 100% of the time, so I have been using Mirror Image, but have recently switched to Incanter's Flow.

Any help would be appreciated. As for logs, I upload our guild's runs to AskMrRobot every week and they are public so you should be able to see them all
    askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/player/us/bleeding_hollow/sharrq

And armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Sharrq/simple

I just got the ToSW on Wednesday and my 4pc I think I got on Tuesday or last Thursday so the logs from Thursday 9/3 are probably the more accurate ones although I did change talents/glyphs several times throughout the raid.

track orb, icy veins and comet storm, use them on CD, that will improove your dps alot.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1783

The parses you are using are from July, like 2 weeks after HFC came out .... I linked newer ones, but they are on AMR so they might not be as detailed as warcraftlogs.

Deleted
    AMR is bad for analysing. Get WCL and we can help.

Ok, I think I still have the logs from last night on my computer, so when I get home I will upload them to WCL. Thanks.

One thing you can do is pick 3 non-tier (well you can do the 5th tier spot) armor slots and put a crafted 715 item in there with your preferred stats.

Here is the Warcraft Logs version of Last nights guild heroic run plus a mostly pug N Archimonde kill from last night

warcraftlogs.com/reports/MG62FnRb9kghHDwr/#fight=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrq View Post
    Here is the Warcraft Logs version of Last nights guild heroic run plus a mostly pug N Archimonde kill from last night

warcraftlogs.com/reports/MG62FnRb9kghHDwr/#fight=1

you had 2 spells with sub 25k dps....were you using ice floes on the encounter?
    Also you only cast FO at 48 seconds? it should be just as the doomfire is about to die. Then weave onto archi and kill the add thats spawns. By this time your water jet is finished and you should have used your procs up..the FO generates more giving new duration to your IV.

I was using Ice Floes, but if I had BF or FoF Procs then I was using those while running instead of using Ice Floes/Frostbolt that way I could save Ice Floes for when i didnt have procs, but that might not be the best approach.

I have been trying to cast FO when i am just about out of FoF Procs from WaterJet during IV, and also when there are a bunch of adds. I cant imagine that I only cast it once that entire fight, but maybe I did.

The one major question I had was how to best handle my BF Procs. Because of the Tome of the SHifting Words trinket, I have been tacking an Ice Lance to the end of every Frostbolt (provided i have a FoF proc), but because I get so many FoF Procs during WaterJet now that i have 4pc, I was having the issue where my BF Procs were expiring or getting overwritten because i was trying to stay under 4 procs of FoF. So I started tacking a Frostfire Bolt after each Ice Lance so I could keep up with the BF Procs (In essence i was doing FB > IL > FFB > FB > IL >FFB (provided that I had FoF Procs and BF Procs)). That seems to ensure I dont lose any BF Procs, but I dont know if I am missing out on significant FoF Procs on Waterjet because of the extra global cooldown from the instant FFB. If there is a better way to handle the BF Procs, id love to hear it.

Dont ever cast FFB during a water jet ever... I have been dumping any BF procs immediately after WJ ends..... altered-time.com has some great threads on how to handle this and generally speaking has been the best resource for mage questions and theorycrafting out there imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpimpin View Post
    Dont ever cast FFB during a water jet ever... I have been dumping any BF procs immediately after WJ ends..... altered-time.com has some great threads on how to handle this and generally speaking has been the best resource for mage questions and theorycrafting out there imo
    Completely false, and not how Altered Time reads. During WJ (assuming 4pc) you should fire an FFB when capped. When not WJ dump FFBs immediately after a FB-IL so you reduce the risk of capping during WJ.

FO should be used more or less on CD, as should WJ. If you are at 4 stacks you will want to weave down first, but using FO or WJ at 2-3 stacks is fine.

glyph: i feel having the pet glyph is a must. if they are far away it takes time for them to come to you and cast WJ which makes your rotation glitchy and you waste a couple of seconds waiting for them to move.

i read AT and comprehended the same way as the guy commented before me - you FFB when its capped during WJ, you FFB whenever procs during non WJ. i understand you dont want to cast FFB during WJ as thats where we generate FOF. When you gear haste (apparently thats the trend when we get ToSW and 4Pc) above multi you dont get as much bf procs which will clear your concious

as for lvl 100 tier talents, i believe ppl use PC for single target and TV for cleaves. This will solve your issue with missing ComS casts.

Im going back and forth on the pet glyph at the moment. On one hand, the double blink glyph is very helpful for blinking away from something and then blinking back to where you were previously, but i think that might be more useful if you use Rune of Power. One thing I did notice that is a little better about not using the pet glyph is that if I have to run away from something, my elemental will stay there and keep casting ... but as you said if the elemental gets out of range of the boss then it becomes a little harder to get him to do Water Jet when you want him to. Occasionally I have had to re summon him simply because i was hitting waterjet and it wasnt working and I had no idea where my elemental was.

Yea, it sounds like what I have been doing with FFB is correct then.

And, Im not sure what you are talking about for "solving my issue with missing Comet Storm Casts" .... because i dont use Comet Storm, and havent for quite a while. If you were looking at the logs denzildk posted, those are really old, I posted newer ones. I am using Thermal Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuromaji View Post
    When you gear haste (apparently thats the trend when we get ToSW and 4Pc) above multi you dont get as much bf procs which will clear your concious
    Generally the only switch you make is from multi weapon enchant to haste weapon enchant, due to the proc mechanics. AFAIK it's pretty rare for haste to actually outpace multistrike point for point, and the reason many mages gear haste --> multi is for dual spec with arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuromaji View Post
    When you gear haste (apparently thats the trend when we get ToSW and 4Pc) above multi you dont get as much bf procs which will clear your concious
    gearing for haste = mages that mainspec arcane and offspec frost

gearing as mainspec frost involves multistrike gear enchants and crit proc weapon enchant

I currently have the haste weapon enchant with multistrike enchants and gems on everything else. Ill try the crit one (since i also read on altered time that it was better). I know i have far too much mastery, but I was coming from Arcane/Fire in BRF to now frost so im slowly moving all my gear towards multistrike/haste/crit.