10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Only demon hunters to use glaives in expac

Tough luck farming those glaives I guess

What glaives you talking about? The ones from BT are still going to be a one hander sword?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/demon-hunter

Also they just said in twitter that they will be able to use 1h swords.

Edit:

If you are talking about other classes, then yeah, warglaives are exclusive to DH, BUT they said that they are not going to changes the BT ones.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2015-09-04 at 07:21 PM.

Too bad the glaives from the TB are counted as one-hand swords.

Also there won't be any glaives in Legion, they said that everyone will have "special weapon", artifact.

If you want to see what we know about Demon Hunters:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Hunters-so-far

I don't know if they said they weren't changing the Black Temple ones, but I do know it would make absolutely no sense to change them. They obviously want the Warglaive weapon type to be exclusive to Demon Hunters (aka, they don't want to add it to everyone who can use Warglaives of Azzinoth), but ALSO obviously, they wouldn't want to delete your hard-farmed legendaries wholesale.

We know Demon Hunters can use Warglaives and now One-Handed Swords. It's not as clear on Daggers, Maces, and Fists, because those are on the website but weren't in any interviews. Mostly the warglaive talk is potential demon hunters wondering if they can farm warglaives of azzinoth- it's not something that will mess up existing characters that already have that weapon. That would be absurd.

I would speculate strongly however:

> The inclusion of a Demon Hunter class means that, going forward, the Demon Hunters will have to be supplied with Warglaives in some fashion, or they will lose their iconic look.
    > The inclusion of a Demon Hunter class means that, going forward, Rogues, Warriors, and everyone else, will NOT get to use new Warglaives that may be included, to prevent them from looking like demon hunters.

Of course only DH will get glaives, did anyone else really think otherwise?
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

7+ Year Old Account
    They said DH will only USE warglaives in Legion. Because everyone is getting their artifact weapons, and there will be no weapon drops.

Moving forward, past Legion, is what brings up issues. Tbh, the only way I see weapons working in future xpacs (assuming we don't just keep building up our Artifact, which would actually make a lot more sense tbh) is a token, like the current Baleful Armament. Maybe add a tier token-style restriction (class-based) so the whole raid isn't rolling on every weapon, and have actual weapons - not like baleful, more like Tier.
    Rogues know how hard it's been this xpac to get daggers. I ended up switching to Combat because our whole raid had their MH/OH weps and they were defaulting to rogues before we had daggers. Hunters have a similar issue with Bows/Guns, they just don't drop enough. We were steadily progressing through Mythic BrF but still had to add a 3rd raid night to do Mythic Brackenspore and Heroic Maidens because 2 of our 3 Hunters didn't have a 685 weapon still (at this point I even had 2 700 Oregorger daggers). Adding another weapon type that can only be used by one class is a BAD BAD BAD BAD idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Well, I think they mean Glaives as a weapon type. Warglaives of Azinoth (however you might spell that) are "swords" so, technically, you could un-equip your relic weapon and then equip your lvl 70 legendary swords for whatever purpose you might want.
    It's called Transmogrification. It's been around for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    It's called Transmogrification. It's been around for a while now.
    Can't transmog legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Tough luck farming those glaives I guess
    They mean the new weapon type "glaives"

Warglaives of Azzinoth are swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    They said DH will only USE warglaives in Legion. Because everyone is
    Again, the up to date information is in the link:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Hunters-so-far

But to reiterate:

Warglaives are a new weapon type in Legion.
    Only Demon Hunters will be able to use Warglaives (which is, again, a new weapon type). This means that rogues, warriors, etc., can NOT use warglaives.
    Demon Hunters will be allowed to use Warglaives. Demon Hunters will be allowed to use one handed swords.

Can Demon Hunters use daggers, maces, fist weapons? Well, we aren't sure. The website says so, but the devs have never mentioned any of that.

Demon Hunters, like everyone else, will be using their artifact weapons throughout Legion.

The devs have made some throwaway comments for post-Legion. I honestly think that they haven't though that far, except to figure that they have a few paths to go down. The considerations are: the devs don't want to commit to doing nothing but artifacts from this point forward (though, they may do that), they don't want to have demon hunters using mundane weapons (they may do this, but it would be a pretty massive bait and switch to the DH community that will exist by then), and they don't want to have to add a new weapon type when they add new classes in general (though again, they may do this). They have PLENTY of time to decide on a solution, an easy one would be something that would allow a demon hunter to transmute one of a set of agility weapons into a warglaive. The point is, all that crap is post-legion concerns, and I seriously doubt they have any real intention to address those issues now, pre-legion.

Adding another weapon type that can only be used by one class is a BAD BAD BAD BAD idea.
    They are confirmed to be doing exactly this. It's not at all a bad idea when you remember that demon hunters are very much tied to the idea of using warglaives, and giving them mundane weapons would really destroy a lot of the class kit that everyone is excited about. So it's good that this is not at all their plan.

Also note, agility daggers are used by two specs, agility ranged weapons are used by three specs, and both are unique to the classes in practice, and this has never been an issue. Strength shields are used by two specs as well. Plenty of precedence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They mean the new weapon type "glaives"

Warglaives of Azzinoth are swords.
    Correct. This is probably why the devs mentioned that demon hunters will be allowed the use of one-handed swords. I don't understand it, but it's several people who are apparently hellbent on rolling DH and farming those warglaives of azzinoth for cosmetic reasons. They obviously won't be making design decisions that prevent existing characters from using their old warglaives of azzinoth, but neither will new warglaives (the weapon type) be usable by non demon hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    (assuming we don't just keep building up our Artifact, which would actually make a lot more sense tbh)
    By the way, I actually think this is the direction they will go- or that they will consider NEW artifacts as well. Unless the plotline involves "returning" all the artifacts at the end? The bigger issue here is that once you give something to players, taking it away is poorly considered, so I bet they at least have a main plan to keep this going. The artifact system has talents and abilities tied to it as well.

But at the same time, they probably don't want to make that blood oath (which is what an offhand comment is, doncha know) that they will go this path.

I'd be pretty cross if I roll up this amazing demon hunter, play for 18 months, and then suddenly find myself rolling for some goddamned blue mace in a dungeon that has stats my warglaives can't touch. But I think they'll fix that long before then, and aren't worried about it yet. I would be seriously pissed if warglaives were kill right after Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    But to reiterate:

Warglaives are a new weapon type in Legion.
    Only Demon Hunters will be able to use Warglaives (which is, again, a new weapon type). This means that rogues, warriors, etc., can NOT use warglaives.
    Demon Hunters will be allowed to use Warglaives. Demon Hunters will be allowed to use one handed swords.
    I think his point is that it's redundant.
    1 - There will be zero weapon drops in Legion.
    2 - The only weapons categorized as "Warglaives" are the Demon Hunter artifact

1+2 = In Legion, unless Blizzard retcons past weapons into Warglaives and/or makes some of the older warglaive models available to obtain (so that Demon Hunters have more reasons to farm old content), other classes will never have a Warglaive in their inventory anyway!

Conclusion: Blizzard might have plans for Warglaives as weapon drops in the future, but where Legion is concerned, giving the Demon Hunter artifact a new weapon "type" doesn't do anything other than add flavor (and potentially limiting the transmogrification options).
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2015-09-05 at 02:37 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Eh, possibly. I just think it's too early to worry about the expac AFTER legion.

I also think it's odd to complain about the weapon drops, and then blame that on the number of drops and weapons being specific. Blizzard could fix that all a zillion different ways- that they choose not to is a deliberate choice. It's crappy, but it's not because of the number of classes that use such and such type weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I think his point is that it's redundant.
    1 - There will be zero weapon drops in Legion.
    2 - The only weapons categorized as "Warglaives" are the Demon Hunter artifact

1+2 = In Legion, unless Blizzard retcons past weapons into Warglaives and/or makes some of the older warglaive models available to obtain (so that Demon Hunters have more reasons to farm old content), other classes will never have a Warglaive in their inventory anyway!

Conclusion: Blizzard might have plans for Warglaives as weapon drops in the future, but where Legion is concerned, giving the Demon Hunter artifact a new weapon "type" doesn't do anything other than add flavor (and potentially limiting the transmogrification options).
    This, exactly.

& As I said, Daggers and Bows/Guns ARE a problem currently. I'll concede that idk how HFC drops are, but in HM/BrF Rogues got kinda lucky that our BiS Dagger came from one of the easiest and earliest bosses. It was a given every week that we would kill & coin Oregorger, and if we were really desperate we could do the same on Flamebender. Hunters only drop came from an end-wing boss, and if they weren't lucky with RNG during Heroic progression, they either got screwed and had to use a low ilvl weapon or the guild had to go back and do extra work to give them another chance at drop&coin, and that was just so they could get a 685.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Deleted
    Have they confirmed if we can transmog our artifact weapons to old legendary weapons such as warglaives ?
    Or else I hope weapons for assassinasion and combat look cool. Looking forward to see if they manage to make Daggers amazing since that weapon type is so small

This just in ..Hunters are the only class that can use a bow,gun or crossbow!

Iconic weapons , not a new thing and frankly I am glad they are not making it so other classes have to fight over weapons like this...sad we will have to fight over off pieces (rogues) still but ....can't have everything I guess.

There's a nice pic of a white worgen with an eyepatch holding a pair of glaives. I'll just post a link:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/7f86/f/...im-d3bgj0k.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    There's a nice pic of a white worgen with an eyepatch holding a pair of glaives. I'll just post a link:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/7f86/f/...im-d3bgj0k.jpg
    Those are fist weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are awesome tho!!

They are. They're really awesome fist weapons.