Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Pretty sure Patrons winrate would tank in a lot of matchups if you nerfed frothings health by a point or two so it could survive less whirlwinds, or "buffed" it to 4 attack and out of warsong range.
    https://youtu.be/Tsa3zLp7tZs?t=36m21s

Count how many whirlwind effects. Or rather, look at his life. 2 5/11 taunts in play, NO executes used, he lost something along the lines of 50 health points in that play. That nerf wouldn't do shit to patron.

If you don't want to kill it and want to be playable, make it cap at 10 each and/or activate only on friendly minions.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2015-09-09 at 11:58 PM.

It's really hard to find a way to actually limit Patron decks without simply making it unplayable because it is an utter utter junk deck that 100% revolves around a single massively OP combo. It's either amazing or useless.

It is possible that nerfing Frothing Berserkers would rein in the success rate though. I think my previous idea about removing WC charge effects from a minion once it exceeds 3 attack might be worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Well that's funny because I had double hunter quest (ugh hate playing that class) and I couldn't win anything with typical facehunter list. I went like 2-9 with it before I gave up and cancelled the 5 win quest. That was at rank 19 too.

The problem with facehunter playstyle is that it's really almost like botting. You either win or lose, there's 0 strategy in it. You draw good you win, you draw poor you lose.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-09-10 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The problem with facehunter playstyle is that it's really almost like botting. You either win or lose, there's 0 strategy in it. You draw good you win, you draw poor you lose.
    Thats what i was wondering actually before. Why arent more people botting in HS as facehunter. Maybe there isnt just any money you can make with in the end like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Thats what i was wondering actually before. Why arent more people botting in HS as facehunter. Maybe there isnt just any money you can make with in the end like in WoW.
    They did, there was a big banwave and it hasn't really come back since.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Murloooooooooooooc Knightssssssss are soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. And OP.

I love them in my pally!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    https://youtu.be/Tsa3zLp7tZs?t=36m21s

Count how many whirlwind effects. Or rather, look at his life. 2 5/11 taunts in play, NO executes used, he lost something along the lines of 50 health points in that play. That nerf wouldn't do shit to patron.

If you don't want to kill it and want to be playable, make it cap at 10 each and/or activate only on friendly minions.
    Trump did actually misplay the prior round though, he could've had 3 taunts up, but it's Trump, so he went as greedy as he possibly could. Pavel was a hair's breadth away from losing and required all the cards you listed just to get past Trump's active board. If he didn't have one of the Berserkers, or missed any other card he used, he would've been screwed. Trump should've locked down the board and Pavel would've simply conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Murloooooooooooooc Knightssssssss are soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. And OP.

I love them in my pally!
    I love them, but I'm having trouble getting a solid early-game balance with Paladin atm. Having to switch back and forth between facing Rush decks, then Dragon Priests/Control Warriors is tedious as hell. My variance has been terrible lately. Slow draws vs fast decks and fast draws vs slow decks. Luck's a bitch.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2015-09-10 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    aside from slightly different mage decks and some new shaman and paladin decks i'm not really noticing a big difference.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    The secret paladin deck is so obnoxious and badly balanced. I can't stand playing against it and I hate that it's overwhelmingly popular. It literally makes me not want to play Hearthstone. No other deck has made me feel this way. The deck isn't even overpowered in general, it's just that if you happen to have Mysterious Challenger on curve, you have an 80% chance to win. If you don't have it, you have an 80% chance to lose, so the deck isn't too good, it's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    The secret paladin deck is so obnoxious and badly balanced. I can't stand playing against it and I hate that it's overwhelmingly popular. It literally makes me not want to play Hearthstone. No other deck has made me feel this way. The deck isn't even overpowered in general, it's just that if you happen to have Mysterious Challenger on curve, you have an 80% chance to win. If you don't have it, you have an 80% chance to lose, so the deck isn't too good, it's just stupid.
    Keep the board count low and hold your hard removal until he plays challenger, pop all his important secrets in one attack and remove the buffed minion -> instant win has been my experience. Only lose if I don't draw my removal in time which could be said for countless other decks.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    That's not really true... my deck only runs MC as a one off and about half of my wins are without ever even drawing it. The only real trick to beating secret paladin, as with all secret decks, is to predict and play around the secrets. If you are running into a lot of them, play hunter with flare or use kezan, and I guarantee you frustration will be on the other side of the board.

Nothing is less annoying than watching a 1 drop card draw ruin your line of secrets.

Secret paladin is also entirely dependent on getting value for their secrets; if you can play around them, it becomes an inferior deck. MC himself is rather easy to play around because it's easy to predict the secrets that have been applied, and some of them, like noble sacrifice, actually plays against the paladin.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2015-09-11 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    That's not really true... my deck only runs MC as a one off and about half of my wins are without ever even drawing it. The only real trick to beating secret paladin, as with all secret decks, is to predict and play around the secrets. If you are running into a lot of them, play hunter with flare or use kezan, and I guarantee you frustration will be on the other side of the board.

Nothing is less annoying than watching a 1 drop card draw ruin your line of secrets.

Secret paladin is also entirely dependent on getting value for their secrets; if you can play around them, it becomes an inferior deck. MC himself is rather easy to play around because it's easy to predict the secrets that have been applied, and some of them, like noble sacrifice, actually plays against the paladin.
    Bigger issue is that 95% (random number) of paladins play the secret paladin and suddenly feel entitled to spam Well Met only because they got such a cheese of card that is Mysterious Challenger.

The deck is cool, most people that play it are obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing against a lot of face decks. It has become a ritual for me to give the finger to Face Hunters after I defeat them. Such a boring opponent :/

Tbh I give them the finger when I lose too.

Deleted
    Everything popular and effective is cancer, even control decks.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Exactly this! The problem is in the spelling of the warsong commander "When you summon..."

I was hoping in TGT will come a change and the Grim Patron decks would disappear or get some counters. I mean...sigh, those games are so boring
    I have not ran Patron Warrior in about 5 months. It is too combo reliant and even though I had consistency winning, it wasn't enough. Control Warrior I have a much higher win rate than I do with Patron Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have not ran Patron Warrior in about 5 months. It is too combo reliant and even though I had consistency winning, it wasn't enough. Control Warrior I have a much higher win rate than I do with Patron Warrior.
    It's still tier 1, possibly still the best deck in the game - I rate aggro paladin slightly higher for laddering though.
    I am the lucid dream

I pretty much agree with the OP. The designers used the case of trying to change the current meta as an excuse for very concerning levels of power creep and yet little has changed in regards to actually shaking up the aforementioned meta.

Jousting is far too RNG and in quite a few cases, rush decks have gotten stronger, not weaker. I stopped playing HS a while ago and honestly, I am seeing little reason to bother trying again any time soon. TGT seemed a case of one step forward, two steps backwards.
    Last edited by Torais; 2015-09-11 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Bigger issue is that 95% (random number) of paladins play the secret paladin and suddenly feel entitled to spam Well Met only because they got such a cheese of card that is Mysterious Challenger.

The deck is cool, most people that play it are obnoxious.
    General douche baggery is not a new phenomenon, and has never been restricted to any one class. If that is your biggest problem, then you're in luck because there is an easy fix; just squelch your opponents. I've been doing that since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    ... I stopped playing HS a while ago <snip>
    This pretty much makes everything else you said meaningless.

Dragon Priest and Secret Paladin is just annoying as fuck. Having fun on my Totem Shaman, noticed that Facehunter is better? For some reason, less control decks out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why warrior should both have more enablers to spawn more patrons (ww) than any other class AND have the ability to charge those spawns at the same time, something no other class can do. Other classes have burst mechanics like F. Berserker as well, it's the threat that F.Berserkers are posing along with Patrons that is problematic. The real problem is warsong commander, I'd even go as far as saying that if you take out forth berserkers that not much will change.