10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Wat.

/10char

read the edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    read the edit.
    That would require moving backwards in life and I just can't scourge anybody to do that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That would require moving backwards in life and I just can't scourge anybody to do that.
    People should always move backwards in life. It is a good learning experience. Though they should not stay there long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    People should always move backwards in life. It is a good learning experience. Though they should not stay there long.
    Would you say that you scourge learning experiences?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

China has massive corruption. It is human nature to seek out the easiest and cheapest solution.

Our electronics no longer are built to last, its cheaper to buy new things than repair old. Our society values money above all else, even human beings.

This shouldnt shock anyone. Just look at Russian dash cam videos. People intentionally run into cars for the intention of suing the driver. So many people have dash cams and yet people still do it.

News that people do this doesnt even shock or upset me. There is nothing I can do. There is nothing anyone here can really do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this before, but I can see the logic of it. If you have 50k but not a mil, you pay what you have and move on. If you don't have a mil and injure them you pay 50k every year.

You might say "oh how horrible that they'd value that person's life below being crippled with debt for the rest of their lives" but I can hardly blame them. The course of action is obviously to change their policies so the murder is the more expensive option. Unfortunately, I don't live in China so I can't really impact resolving this problem. Fortunately, I don't live in China, so it's not my problem!

Though a note: I would think if the person was injured and concerned this could happen to them, they could yell "Just drive away like nothing happened, I can call myself an ambulance" and the culprit, preferring getting away scott free to paying $50,000 dollars (and murdering somebody) would leave. Still not ideal obviously, but there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.