Dreams and possible meanings

I believe dreams are signs or warnings in a non-spiritual sense. Nightmares, Fantasies, Lucid Dreaming, etc. I had a somewhat lucid dream where I was speaking in front of a crowd and I had a lot of things to say, but I couldn't because I was constantly out of breath.

As for the personal part of my life, I usually do have a lot to say but that's always how I've been. I'm currently single although my ex never mentioned any of this (unless she always slept through it).

The right side of my jaw has been sore recently as well and I'm not sure if it's related as well. Bruxism perhaps? Could i be sleep-talking as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dream almost every night, I experience déjà vu all the time, I have had quite a few lucid dreams, and I can recall a lot of information from my dreams after waking. I don't know what that means or whether that is good or bad.

Sounds like a fear of public speaking dream. Who likes public speaking? Not me.

I have a reoccurring dream where I'm being chased by a group of naked women armed with mideaval weapons like halberds, maces, swords etc. It happens mostly when I've eaten spicy food.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Meh, dreams are just your mind's way of processing what you did that day and what you're anxious about in the near future. That's all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of my dreams ever relate to each other aside from being bizzare. I wouldn't say they have any meaning really.

You can dream about anything. I've dreamt about things from my childhood that couldn't have less relevance to my current concerns, and had completely forgotten about.

I watch them for what they are: Amusing, and occasionally terrifying, mashed up memory/thought movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think a dream has any real prophetic meaning. They don't warn you about anything or tell you what's going to happen.

I think dreams are simply the brain thinking with most of its faculties shut off. It's analyzing information, doing the same thing it does all day long, but it turns into nonsense and imagery without the conscious parts of the mind to make sense of it all.

I do think a dream can be based on your fears though. Like I have a reoccuring dream (not that often, but definitely more than once) about being at the top of a mountain and being afraid to ski down it. I'm a good skier and in the waking world I have very little fear when skiing. Someone told me that such a dream means I'm afraid of taking a risk, and that makes sense. Perhaps my mind was thinking about a risk I was afraid to take and those were the images it conjured without any sort of consciousness to put it into a format that is easy to understand.

I had a dream about being an agent of SHIELD last night though, that was kind of cool.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The great majority of dreams will be about your fears or desires, or random silliness. There however some ( rare ) which mean a lot more.

Most of my dreams consist of me dying (or rather close to dying) by a variety of creatures and monsters. Once had a dream of a bird pecking me to death; nearly got one of my eyes. Pretty sure they were a way of telling me I was stressed or something because now I mostly have dreamless sleeps.