Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    First it was level 95 and now it's 98. So that's two whole levels of the starting zone. Seems like we won't be spending a lot of time breaking out of prison..
    I don't recall them confirming that it was going to start at 95. They were just throwing out numbers that could be a potential level to start at.
    SMH @ people complaining about the expac that isn't even in beta yet.

The shorter the starting area is the better. There's nothing worse than making a new DK or Panda and being stuck in your damn phased thing. Two levels is plenty of time to tell a backstory and get you up to speed for Legion.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

It was never specified to be 95, they merely gave us the range of 95-100...

Deleted
    First it was level 95 and now it's 98. So that's two whole levels of the starting zone. Seems like we won't be spending a lot of time breaking out of prison..

People like u hurt my brain... I have no idea why I am even replying towards your comment, but where the fuck did they say Demon Hunters would start at level 95? They didn't.

Honestly I don't think it matters what level we will probably end up being 100 anyway what I do hope they do is split the off world stuff (not in half but like 1/4) to work like a tiny tannan maybe it take 20 minutes. However they use that to set up our broken isle quest where instead of landing and attack from the sea we are already there in the wardens prision. Imagine the possibility of that our mission fails because of a doomguard/pit lord barely survive to get back to the black temple, boom wardens get us. They wake us up to go find illidan who our warden handler dies to said demon(s) and illidan saves us. That's how we can get both our artifact weapons too (lore wise illidan stole his after he killed the demon they are named after).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why everyone are comparing 5 levels od dks and 2 levels of dhs when 98-100 experience is muuuuchhh more then low lvls like 55-60...wtf

Deleted
    Does your back hurt from reaching so far?

If they made it level 95, it would be hard to make the amount of quests needed to get the experience required for 95 - 100 (even DK's don't finish on 60 but 58). 98 would be the best choice if they want them to end on 100 or slightly above without having to go through Draenor Nagrand for the last 2 levels or so. The zone is still going to be the same length. Also, they never said they would start on 95, they said they would start around 95-100, 98 is around 95-100.

As long as the experience is satisfactory and they explain and "let you leave" the story of Demon Hunters, and the "true meaning of sacrifice", i am happy. Time does not mean quality. A good story can be told in 30 minutes aswell as in 4 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    A full leveling zone is generally between 1 to 2 levels worth of xp. 2 levels for the demon hunter starting experience seems like plenty of content to tell a good story, provide you all your abilities and give you ample opportunity to use them. As others have said, Blizzard can also tune the xp/quest to make 2 levels offer as many quests as they wanted to be a part of the experience.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    My only gripe with starting at 98 instead of 100, I really REALLY don't wanna run through Nagrand again....

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Dks start at 55, end up in azeroth at 58. At that lvl, you can enter Outland. I presume Broken Isles will require lvl 100 to enter, not 98. Whats the big deal?
    People determined to complain will do so about ANYTHING.
    No big deal, only made into one with fabricated conspiracies, one of which is undoubtedly going to be blamed for costing a raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They can make it take however long they want no matter WHAT level you are. And they never, EVER said it would definitely be 95. They actually always said somewhere between 95-100. And 98 is definitely that.

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    My only gripe with starting at 98 instead of 100, I really REALLY don't wanna run through Nagrand again....
    Wait what? They mean you start at 98 when you START the Demon Hunter zone. Like, immediately when you make one. I guarantee you'll be 100 when you finish it. Absolutely zero random treks to Draenor required.
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2015-09-05 at 08:50 PM.

why is everyone so quick to say "oh they cut it" when at gamescon they even said that they would start from 95 - 100 range... not "they are starting at 95" and plus that's not set and stone.. WE don't even KNOW how long the questing in that area is even gonna be.. whether its 2 quest... or 10 or 20 or 30... we don't know how big this starting zone is gonna be yet.. I'll have you know.. that Blizzard has ONE OF THE WORST communities ever... They do one thing that the fans cry out for then months later .. "ah man this was a filler expansion.. just shows they can't use old lore" ... I remember back when the Time traveling dungeons came out and almost everyone wanted a "in the past expansion" that dealt with old warcraft lore.. and the player base got it and then everyone lost their mind ( granted wod was a blow out for sure ) be people... calm down... lets not be to quick to judge the expansion WAY before its even release.. or blizzcon for that matter.. I honestly think blizzard got it through there heads that if they don't do something epic... this game will die sooner then most thought...

Deleted
    Last I checked breaking out of a prison should be done fast. Before you get locked up again :P

My main hope is they phase the entire damn thing or make it a Scenario. DK starting zone was a pain in the ass to do with bottleneck quests all around.

Hell, what if the whole reason Gul'dan visits Illidan is to grab the info on the Eye of Sargeras, since he heard he died trying to grab it and Illidan last had it. Shards of Eye might be at the core of opening the portal.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2015-09-05 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like it. It just means Demon Hunters will have little to no draenor content. and if the opening leveling areas are too cramped full, they can use nagrand possibly? might lessen the swarm of DH's flooding out of the gate like DKs in hellfire..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Personally I like it. It just means Demon Hunters will have little to no draenor content. and if the opening leveling areas are too cramped full, they can use nagrand possibly? might lessen the swarm of DH's flooding out of the gate like DKs in hellfire..
    Either Legion starts at 98 (possible) or you create one at 98, then gain 2 levels to 100 (more likely).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People determined to complain will do so about ANYTHING.
    No big deal, only made into one with fabricated conspiracies, one of which is undoubtedly going to be blamed for costing a raid tier.
    There ya go...now ya went and said it! Of course they "cut" it from level 95 to level 98 because it would cost a raid t.......wait...no.....they cut a raid tier to make Demon Hunters...wait. I'm so confused......something happened where something was cut or not and it cost a raid tier. There.....I do it right? Oh..almost forgot "Damn you Blizz!"

Go create a Death Knight and play through the starting area. You start at 55 and leave at what, 58 maybe 59 if you're kitted out in Heirlooms? They could just as easily have made it so that you start at 55 and leave at 56. Or start at 55 and leave at 65.

The number of levels gained as compared to the amount of content presented are not directly related. They'll create something that is designed to give a fun little class story, whilst allowing the player to learn the spells and abilities as they level. Whether it's from 95 to 100 or 98 to 100 has no bearing on the amount of content.

They could've started you at level 63 (since that would be the lvl a BC elite mob which your character was) and finish it at lvl 98 in that same time span of the planned starter zone if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :