Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Wait what other world is in the starting zone besides the prison area?
    The original jail planet that many of the demons were released from? Was in the Gamescom bit. After that you go to the warden jailing area, so two jails, two planets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    The original jail planet that many of the demons were released from? Was in the Gamescom bit. After that you go to the warden jailing area, so two jails.
    Yes but you said two worlds.

Yes but you said two worlds.
    Jail planet = planet 1
    Warden jail = planet 2

Speculation, but odds are you also start in the outlands before being sent out, so possibly planet 3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Jail planet = planet 1
    Warden jail = planet 2

Speculation, but odds are you also start in the outlands before being sent out, so possibly planet 3
    That would be awesome, it's about time they revamp Outlands to some degree.

First it was level 95 and now it's 98. So that's two whole levels of the starting zone. Seems like we won't be spending a lot of time breaking out of prison..
    You're concerned over an issue that doesn't even exist yet.

Deleted
    did they ever actually say 95? i thought they kept saying they had not yet decided on starting level for DH, then today announced it will be 98.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    You're concerned over an issue that doesn't even exist yet.
    It happens a lot.

People get hot and heavy and upset of what ifs with WoW.

As Tradu pointed out, Blizzard never said DH would start at 95. They said between 95-100 and 98 is between those two values.

For two, does it matter if they're level 98 or 95? Quest xp is easy to tune. If there's 50 quests, Blizzard can divide the quest xp given to go from 98-100 or 95-100 evenly between them so it takes the same amount of time to get to 100 from 98 as it would if you started at 95. The starting experience could be 2 hours regardless of what level you start at just like it can be 6 hours regardless of your starting level. Blizzard will tune it to take however long they want it to take.

Somehow, I doubt much of the DH starting experience is even done yet. The worlds are likely done or close to it, but the quests are probably still being made. Even the DK starting experience was unfinished when DKs were implemented in the WotLK beta.

Take things with a grain of salt. Legion's in alpha (at best) so things can and will change. Blizzard might start them at level 95 instead if they feel that works better. In the end, it's just a number, though. The length of time the area will take will be the same regardless of what level you start at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it means anything. It's very likely that the starting zone will take us to BC time, for our DH training through to the present, at level 100 and ready to quest in Legion.
    But as most (probably all) of this will be in an instance (as for the DK starting zone), they can tweak the xp the way they want, and those two level could take several hours to be made).

Eventhough this information is good cause it confirms that after creating a DH you play the starting zone and then the 100-110 content, I would be more interested about details of the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They can make it take the exact same time regardless of whether it's 2 levels or 50, just by tuning quest/mob XP. Also, they never said it would be starting at 95, they said it'd start somewhere between 95 and 100
    ^ This. They never had ANYTHING set in stone. This is the most ridiculous thread. They didnt cut anything, nor did they agree to 95. Relax

Um, no. The level was never set for sure. Jesus, can we please refrain from the "they cut content" shit before the game is even in beta?

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    As Tradu pointed out, Blizzard never said DH would start at 95. They said between 95-100 and 98 is between those two values.

For two, does it matter if they're level 98 or 95? Quest xp is easy to tune. If there's 50 quests, Blizzard can divide the quest xp given to go from 98-100 or 95-100 evenly between them so it takes the same amount of time to get to 100 from 98 as it would if you started at 95. The starting experience could be 2 hours regardless of what level you start at just like it can be 6 hours regardless of your starting level. Blizzard will tune it to take however long they want it to take.

Somehow, I doubt much of the DH starting experience is even done yet. The worlds are likely done or close to it, but the quests are probably still being made. Even the DK starting experience was unfinished when DKs were implemented in the WotLK beta.

Take things with a grain of salt. Legion's in alpha (at best) so things can and will change. Blizzard might start them at level 95 instead if they feel that works better. In the end, it's just a number, though. The length of time the area will take will be the same regardless of what level you start at.
    At Gamescon they said Beta is to start later this year, so I'd wager alpha is getting pretty close to completion

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    Um, no. The level was never set for sure. Jesus, can we please refrain from the "they cut content" shit before the game is even in beta?
    Threads like this must exist to convince the devs that nothing will EVER make players happy lol

"DHs start between 95 and 100"
    <all quiet>
    "Ok, we are thinking 98"
    "What about all that level 95 and 97 content? Did you cut that? Was it cut because of a political reason? Did it get cut because you guys had to go make flying? Why did you cut it? Justify my wrath! You've been a bad dev! Tell me how you've been a bad dev, so I can punish you!"

Yet WoD beta cut tons of content, can't imagine where players got those ideas........

/facepalm white knights

When you do business by using cloak and dagger tactics, people assume that's what they will continue to do.

First it was level 95 and now it's 98. So that's two whole levels of the starting zone. Seems like we won't be spending a lot of time breaking out of prison..
    They never said it was suposed to be lvl 95. They hinted it would be between 95 and 100.

Did you think when they only added 5 levels in Cataclysm that they cut the content in half for the expansion too?

Less leveling =/= less content. Maybe they want mobs to stay close to your level in a reasonable sized area, instead of you running into things 4 lvls below while heading to the next quest. If it took 5 hours to get from 95-100, they can still tune it so it takes 5 hours for 98-100. Unfortunatly, if they did that, you would get other people bitching that it takes too long to level.

Another one of those Lose-Lose situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The ones you delete once you reach max level cos you forgot to use them and they're now useless?
    Still got them on my DK. Saving them for the perfect time :]

Well, it's not like you are a low level char.
    Right now, you can compare it with new Nagrand.
    You go there at lvl 98, you leave it at lvl 100.
    If I recall correctly, new nagrand took me more time than the DK starting zone back in the days.

Another "this is not what im paying for" thread, get over yourself, its not about you