Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you rename Balance?

So, you probably heard:
    Most specs are getting overhauled, tweaking them to fit the fantasy of the spec. Some will be renamed.
    Shadow to Insanity, a more fitting name imo, good call, what about balance, should it be renamed? if it was what sort of name you looking for/thinking of?

In fact i think it is likely to be renamed, it can get confusing in conversation or forum posts when trying to mention druid affairs. What say you?

Shadow's new resource is called 'Insanity', not the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Shadow's new resource is called 'Insanity', not the spec.
    the impression i got was both the spec and the resource is being renamed Insanity

- - - Updated - - -

Balance may just be renamed Eclipse

or Equinox spec

how about Celestial Spec?

Astral spec?

Emerald dream spec?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fluffy Chicken-man spec!

Happy Tree friend.

here's hoping to christ they removed those god forsaken shadow orbs forever

Naw, it's just the resource.

Insanity is only the resource. There was nothing mentioned about the name of the spec being changed for Priests. Try not to read into things. It causes misunderstandings and anger later.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would suck if shadow got renamed "Insanity", that just sounds stupid. I always liked "shadow". Wouldn't mind a rename for balance but I don't care too much I just hope the spec is good in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    the impression i got was both the spec and the resource is being renamed Insanity
    It is very clear from the way it's worded that the "Insanity" name was specificially their resource.

"Some" specs will be renamed, but no information on which ones or what to. Likely mostly those that have doubles, like Restoration, Holy, Frost.

I don't think they'll change Balance.

Restoration Druid spec name change inc to Treesus? I hope not. :P

Deleted
    Depends on the changes to the spec in Legion. Current implementation is totally about balance. I don't really care so much about nameing. Would still call myself a balance druid, or moonkin, except they come up with some really cool name.

Rename the spec 'BOOMCHICKEN" lol

Sure, Balance sounds more like a healing spec, I think.

Maybe "Conjuring" ? Or perhaps that's too generic.
    "Dryad" maybe?
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Balance is the perfect name for the spec, as it describes the balance between solar and lunar energy.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Sure, Balance sounds more like a healing spec, I think.

Maybe "Conjuring" ? Or perhaps that's too generic.
    "Dryad" maybe?
    Why would you even consider those? That makes far less sense than Balance.

Deleted
    How about Boomkin? Players have called it that since Vanilla or somewhere in that vicinity, can't remember every detail.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken pineapple View Post
    Balance is the perfect name for the spec, as it describes the balance between solar and lunar energy.
    more like it epitomises what druidism is all about, the balance of nature, and it makes sense it's core mechanic is a balance between night and day working within a balance to maximize effect.

I think it is the hallmark spec as it encompasses what the entire class does. it makes sense for it to do with damage, because you usually think of maintaining the balance by culling or destroying that which isn't supposed to be there, like wild boars who have become too numerous to demons and satyr who are upsetting the balance of nature, need to be culled and destroyed to fix it. Feral deals more with animals protecting the animals (Guardian) or hunting/iinteracting with them (ferals), while Resto focuses on the fauna with regards to rejuvenation and restoration - but balance transcends all, and all 3 specs can also be about the balance of nature, with different emphasis, just that balance is the over-arching one.

One problem is that there are two names for the spec:
    1. Balance
    2. Moonkin

Dryad sounds cool, but dryads are only semi-humaiods. I wouldnt mind being so sort of centaurs. Centaurs rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    One problem is that there are two names for the spec:
    1. Balance
    2. Moonkin
    I have always been a fan of laser turkey. Oh, what I would do to rename it to that...